Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

The prevailing consensus around the office today is that the Browns would not and should not trade pick #7 for Ben.

Mind you, this is a team that hasn't had a decent QB in almost 20 years. A team that has made the playoffs exactly ONCE since coming back into the league 11 years ago. A team that appears to be giving Jimmy FREAKING Clausen a serious look at #7.

Mind you, I'm 90% sure the Steelers, no matter how anxious they might be to dump Roethlisberger, will not trade with a division rival, and this thread isn't about that. It's about the mindset of the Browns fans in general. They would turn down a sure-bet, proven winner because they don't want to give up the spot. This has nothing to do with character. The Browns fan base have embraced far shadier and seedier characters than Ben will EVER be. This is just a fan base being silly...

They get exactly what they deserve with their routine sub-.500 seasons and multiple draft busts and rampant staph infections, as far as I'm concerned...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

Hmm...trade the #7 for the potential issues that Big Ben "might" bring? To me, it's a no brainer. He's better than any QB in the current class is likely to ever be...and (IMO) nothing was proven...so he doesn't deserve any suspension...let alone the asinine 6 games he's been given.

You must not work with NFL fans who also happen to cheer for the Browns....because I'm a fan of the game first...and Ben is a legit top notch QB...regardless of character issues.

Or course...there is the whole question of taking on a guy the Steelers are willing to get rid of (and the #7 overall is a cheap price to pay)...because (like em or not) they have got great ownership who typically knows when to dump a guy.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach
 
steelerdude15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,311
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

Cleveland is such a silly little city.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect
 
Bng_Hevn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 144
Member Number: 14891
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

If the Steelers are willing to give up Ben for a #7, why SHOULD the Browns be willing to give the #7 to the Steelers?

Besides, teams may not be interested simply because of his concussions and worried about him not lasting too much longer if he subject to playing on their team.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng_Hevn View Post
If the Steelers are willing to give up Ben for a #7, why SHOULD the Browns be willing to give the #7 to the Steelers?

Besides, teams may not be interested simply because of his concussions and worried about him not lasting too much longer if he subject to playing on their team.
Admit it....YOU have worked in the Browns FO for the last 11 years, haven't you! There are only a few rocks you can turn over where "logic" like that hides...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain
 
RodWoodsonwasprettycool's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Akron/Canton, Ohio
Posts: 799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The prevailing consensus around the office today is that the Browns would not and should not trade pick #7 for Ben.

Mind you, this is a team that hasn't had a decent QB in almost 20 years. A team that has made the playoffs exactly ONCE since coming back into the league 11 years ago. A team that appears to be giving Jimmy FREAKING Clausen a serious look at #7.

Mind you, I'm 90% sure the Steelers, no matter how anxious they might be to dump Roethlisberger, will not trade with a division rival, and this thread isn't about that. It's about the mindset of the Browns fans in general. They would turn down a sure-bet, proven winner because they don't want to give up the spot. This has nothing to do with character. The Browns fan base have embraced far shadier and seedier characters than Ben will EVER be. This is just a fan base being silly...
They get exactly what they deserve with their routine sub-.500 seasons and multiple draft busts and rampant staph infections, as far as I'm concerned...
Bullshit. We disowned William Green after he did the crap he did, we disowned stallworth following what he did and told Edwards to take a hike after he got in a figt at a night club. Kevin Mack got busted, but he got clean, and J. Cribbs is not an evil scumbag you made him out to be.

If you're going to pull that card I could EASILY point out how many former Steelers have character issues. Your former WR Santonio Holmes who WAS FIGHTING A DRUG CHARGE DURING YOUR SUPER BOWL RUN, Jeff Reed getting busted for being drunk and disordely conduct, and don't forget James Harrison beating his wife and getting off scot-free.

So please stop playing the "our fans cheer for classier players" card, because that's false, each team has it's scumbags.

Big Ben' was not apart of the plan holmgren set up, has nothing to with us not "wanting him".

And Holmgren thought Clausen was a bum too, he said a few weeks a go he "wished he liked him more"
__________________
Don't Blame Me, I don't have any control over the Browns.
RodWoodsonwasprettycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

How about convicted coke dealer Jamal Lewis? He's a fine character reference. Stallworth killed a guy for Christs sake. The fans only turned on William Gay after it was discovered that he was a bust. Even hallowed and scared cow Jim Brown was dogged by rape, battery and domestic abuse charges.

Anyway, I clearly stated this had nothing to do with character, but rather sheer myopic blindness created by years of maddening jealousy to the point where the fan base is losing it's ability to think critically.

One of the guys who stated emphatically "The Browns don't want Ben!" to me had quite a bit of egg on his face when it was reported that Cleveland was one of the teams calling the Steelers about a trade (and not the other way around as was originally reported). The Browns didn't want him so much they called the Steelers and asked to trade for him.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain
 
RodWoodsonwasprettycool's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Akron/Canton, Ohio
Posts: 799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
How about convicted coke dealer Jamal Lewis? He's a fine character reference. Stallworth killed a guy for Christs sake. The fans only turned on William Gay after it was discovered that he was a bust. Even hallowed and scared cow Jim Brown was dogged by rape, battery and domestic abuse charges.

Anyway, I clearly stated this had nothing to do with character, but rather sheer myopic blindness created by years of maddening jealousy to the point where the fan base is losing it's ability to think critically.

One of the guys who stated emphatically "The Browns don't want Ben!" to me had quite a bit of egg on his face when it was reported that Cleveland was one of the teams calling the Steelers about a trade (and not the other way around as was originally reported). The Browns didn't want him so much they called the Steelers and asked to trade for him.
umm..the Browns didn't ever contact the Steelers on Ben. I have Browns Insider at OBR (orange and brown report), there was no communication between either teams according to a couple of the writers on that site.

and most Browns fans really don't hold up JB as a guy of character, most know of the wife beating, and that was wayyy beyound my time. And at the time of the Jamal Lewis signing there was a lot of anger in the fanbase against that signing, something to the effect of "get the trash off of my team", Browns247 has a few threads documenting that exact thing.

Does it have to do with jealously? not so sure about it, I do know that a lot of Browns fans just flat out don't like the guy, the rape allegation just allowed them another excuse to despise.

He's a great player and if he had lets say, a McNabb type attitude and rapsheet, I'm sure that many Browns fans wouldn't be so upset at the idea of him possibly being on the roster, but that is not the case.
__________________
Don't Blame Me, I don't have any control over the Browns.
RodWoodsonwasprettycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the Browns Never Have, and Never Will Go To or Win a Super Bowl...

The bottom line is this: I heard from many, many fans that they would not want Roethlisberger. They said they would not want him as a player, and that the Browns as an organization would not be interested in him.

That.
Is.
Preposterous.

Had he REALLY been available for a trade, several teams would have been falling all over themselves to try and pick him up. If the Browns did not make a play, their FO is in far worse shape than I thought. They are going nowhere with the tandem of Wallace and Delhomme....
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts