Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default Steelers 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT

I would want the draft to go something like this:

I would prefer:

1. FS/SS Taylor Mays 6'3" 230lbs 4.30 40 time, 41" vertilce and 24 B.R

.....I believe that this guy under our legendary and HOF defensive coach can develop into a pretty good defensive player...if not great along side polamalu.....the worst he can be is a more athletic/faster Ryan Clark but I agree that we should trade down a couple spots before picking him up.....and there are other needs at other positions but I tried to address them in this draft!.....Mays can backup Troy this year instantly and learn a couple of tricks from the best....then they can move him to FS as he learns how to cover better.....I think Dick would love this new toy and he would use him in a variety of ways!!!!

2. WR Damian Williams 6'1" 197lbs 4.53 40 time, 38" verticle, 19 B.R....

this guy is by far the best route runner in this class....he reminds me of a taller Santonio Holmes.... he's a high character and high work ethic guy that would fit with the Steelers perfectly at the #3 or #4 spot......he plays way faster than he's timed and he can help in the punt return game as well.....I think he would be a STEAL for us in the 2nd...because earlier this college season he was projected as a 1st rounder!

3. CB&KR Akwasi Owusa-Ansah 6.0"/6'1" 207lbs 4.43 40 time(but he ran a 4.31@ his pro day)

pretty physical and athletic...would make a great pickup in the 3rd!!! I didn't choose a CB high because I think the Steelers know that K.Lewis or even Burnett will step up next year....besides if they draft a CB they still have to develop them and they probably won't start right away because they need time to learn a very complicated defensive playbook.....but Owusu-Ansah seems like he can develop in a couple of years into a shut down CB because he seems to have all the intangibles you need @ that position!

4. NT Torrell Troup 6'3" 314lbs 5.10 40 time 34 B.R.....

I think this guy can learn under one of the best NT in Casey Hampton and in a few years he can step up and take his spot....He did very well at the senior bowl and if he slips to the 4th I think the Steelers might trade up for him because he seems to fit the bill! Another option here would be Mike Neal....I know the guy is around 300lbs but he can pack up some muscle and be a NT for us in a few years as well(I like Neal and I don't think Troup will fall this far!) So if Troup is not there I would want to go with Neal.....

a) RB LeGarrette Blount 6'1" 240lbs 4.53 40 time at his pro day 19 B.R
....this guy despite his issue on the field is an interesting prospect....he really surprised a lot of people because he showed that he has some quickness and some speed...I would love to get this guy here because he would be a good powerback complement to Rashard....and lets not forget that he has some speed and quickness....that sounds familiar??? I guess he has a little JEROME in him........and for that reason I would love this pick!!!!

b) T/G Ramone Harewood 6'6" 341lbs 5.18 40 time

....very athletic and he can play T or G.... Harewood grew up playing rugby, cricket, volleyball and soccer on his native Caribbean island. This guy is gaining momentum and he's starting to get on the RADAR....I would love this pick because he would give us depth @ T and G....he's somewhat raw but I think this guy has a high ceiling and can ultimately play RT for us......

c) DE Clifton Geathers 6'8" 297lbs 4.97 40 time, 26 B.R, 36" vertical jump....

this guy would be a monster @ DE for us....the only concern with him is his off the field issues but a 5th rounder wouldn't be too much of a risk for him.....I think this guy can develop into a bigger Brett Kiesel for us.....Kiesel is very athletic for his size and I see him learning under him and eventually taking over his spot because Z. Hood will most likely take over A. Smith spot.....either way Geathers is going to take a few years to develop but he would provide youth and depth to our DL......I think this guy has a high upside but I'm just worried about his off the field issues.....

d) OLB O'Brien Schofield 6'2" 237lbs projected to run a 4.60.....

this guy would of gone a lot higher if he wouldn't of got hurt in the Senior Bowl practice! I think the Steelers would pick up a good OLB that doesn't need to start right away...he would sit back and learn the defense and in year two he can contribute a lot more when he's needed...He would be a great pickup/value here and of course the Steelers don't need an OLB to start right away so it's a win win situation....

6) WR/QB Joe Webb 6'3" 223lbs 4.44 40 time, 42.5" vertical jump.....

this guy intrigues me because he has all the tools to be a WR but he was also a very productive QB....I know that the Steelers are very interested in this guy(because they brought him in for a visti) and he can turn out to be a gadget type player like a RANDEL EL type or he can be a WILDCAT QB if we decide to implement that in our offense......He also reminds me of a Kordell Stewart too....but I think the Steelers will see him as a developmental WR....so I wouldn't mind this pick especially in the 6th.....

7) RB/KR Alfonso Smith 6'1" 211lbs 4.38 40time 19 B.R. 36" vertical.....

this guy I would want in the 7th to take Stefan Logan's place in the return game....and reports say that he's a very reliable receiver out of the backfield....the man possesses some serious speed(he was said to run in the high 4.2's and low 4.3's).....If he pans out as a returner, he than can develop into an NFL RB and ultimately can become "lightning to Mendenhall's thunder!"

Honorable mention:

Round 5-6: MLB Travis Goethel 6'3" 238lbs 4.70 combine 40, 4.58 pro day 40, 21 B.R.

this guy is a very athletic MLB...he's rising up draft boards and I think he's a late round sleeper...I wouldn't mind if the Steelers picked this guy up in the later rounds but a lot of teams are putting this guy higher on their draft boards....I haven't heard much about him but he seems like a project MLB but I could be wrong...but what I do know is that there are a lot of teams interested in him in the later rounds....

Round 6 or 7: MLB Micah Johnson...a lot of you know who he is and whats he about so I'll just leave it at that...lol....

Round 6-7: FS Michael Greco 6'3" 224lbs 4.40 pro day 40, 22 B.R., 41.5"vertical jump....

this guy is another intriguing prospect because he is a converted QB.....he has all the tools you need as a FS and has rare size and speed with BRAINS!!! lol This guy I believe only played FS his last season at UCF and so he is very raw.....If the Steelers are looking for a FS or a project player I think he is one of those guys you take a chance on late! This guy knows defenses because of his QB experience and it can help him out a lot on Defense....again he is a converted QB so you know the guy is smart.....but he is a very raw prospect and I wouldn't mind if the Steelers drafted him late....the thing is he won't be a FA because he's rising up draft board because of his Pro Day.....IMO I would love the Steelers to take a chance on this guy so they can develop him @ FS he has everything you need at the position except the elite coverage skills but he possesses size, speed, intelligence(was a converted QB) but he'll need a few years to learn how to cover and tackle better......

I will try to put a more realistic draft later on today but I would love the draft to turn out like I put it...remember its MY OPINION so don't take it all personal....so let me know what you think........

Last edited by taztroy43; 04-22-2010 at 05:19 PM.
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default Re: Steelers 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT

I absolutely love the C/G M. Pouncey pick for the Steelers!!!!!! I was going to put him as our #1 pick in my "realistic" mock....man what a draft this was in the 1st.....I can't wait for the 2nd round tommorrow!!!!! Man Talor Mays didn't even get piked in the 1st....I'm a bit surprised but the Clausen thing I'm just shocked!!!!! There so much talent in the second round I just can't wait to see who they get.....I'm hopin they go after Mays because they sured up our line w/ Pouncey n now its the defense!!!! I think we can get a good CB in the 3rd round(Owusa-Ansa CB out of IUP).....I'm exited about tommorrows draft!!!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote