Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Happiness...remaining visits

If you want to be happy tomorrow and not feel puzzled, it would behoove you to get to know the remaining visits that we had who are still available, learn to like them and then feel happy when we pick some of them. lol Here they are: (feel free to share who you like)

Kansas S Darrell Stuckey 3/29/10
Wake Forrest T Chris DeGeare 3/29/10
Tennessee G Jacques McClendon 3/30/10
Maryland CB Nolan Carroll 3/31/10
Alabama-Birmingham WR Joe Webb 3/31/10
Marshall DE/LB Albert McClellan 3/31/10
South Carolina LB/DE Eric Norwood 4/1/10
William & Mary DE/LB Adrian Tracy 4/7/10
Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount 4/7/10
South Carolina DL Clifton Geathers 4/8/10
South Florida WR Carlton Mitchell 4/8/10
Central Michigan WR Antonio Brown 4/12/10
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095
Default Re: Happiness...remaining visits

Carroll has a bit of an injury history, but he wouldn't be a bad pick at all IMO.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

LeGarrette Blount 4/7/10

I'd take him. What do we have to lose? We know the league won't put up with any BS.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

That's it folks so let's hype the ones we like o when we hear the picks we can be excited and not sad.

The 3 I can speak for are Legarette Blount, Carlton Mitchell and Joe Webb.

1.Legarette Blount- I know he had that punch episode but I think he would be a good compliment to Mendy. He is a good big (6'2, 246) or so power runner who averaged more than 7 yards per carry in 2008. He was suspended in most of 2009 for that punch but in the last game and bowl game he ran well. Many people have gotten in fights in high school or college and have turned out to be good individuals. He has no history of arrests, other violence, robbery or drugs. I'd like to give him a chance.

2. Carlton Mitchell. He appears to have the size (6'3) and speed (4.40 ---40). His rounts were fairly smple in every single clip I've watched but he seems to be able to run after the catch. He would be a good project but if we take him it would certainly mean that they have given up on Sweed. For someone his size, you would expect him to have a lot of TDs and be a big Red Zone target...nope...only 4 last year and only 9 in his career. Gamble. Maybe worth a compensatory 5th round pick or 6th round pick.

3. Joe Webb -He is a project because he played QB in college. He is 6'3 and had an awesome proday with great numbers all around. Here is a video of him jumping bags.

Maybe a compensatory 5th or 6th round pick would be OK on him.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroughneck View Post
LeGarrette Blount 4/7/10

I'd take him. What do we have to lose? We know the league won't put up with any BS.
Yeah...I want him too but I know the media would LOVE to somehow tie it in to Ben and blow up thestory bigger. There will be Roone pride. I think we should be able to handle it ...I like him better than Dwyer and Dixon. Dixon is very ordinary. Check out his YPC ...not good at all except this final year. 1 year out of 4 is not good. I just don't want him. Blount given the Steelers passion for running may do well and he'd be a good short yardage back at his size. I'd be happy to take him in the fourth but if not, he's definitely worth one of our 4 5th round picks.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH6487 View Post
Carroll has a bit of an injury history, but he wouldn't be a bad pick at all IMO.
Thanks. I'm trying to study them because I don't want that "who?" feeling tomorrow like I had today.

I wish we would take a chance on this Maryland Cambell (OT).

They try to tell you they go just by their board and BPA but we had proof today that this is not true. When they asked Kevin Butler about Sean Lee and Navarro Bowman, he said he liked them both...especially Lee but they are inside linemen and he felt set at inside linemen with the 4 (Farrior,Timmons, Foote, Fox). He said we needed depth at OLB behind our 2.

This just revealed what we all knew that BPA is just lip service that teams put out. It is really a combo of the two...need and BPA.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,251 Times in 610 Posts

DE/LB Albert McClellan could be a gem to replace Keisel

missed some play time because of injures though

Well I like Blount........but I doubt wed ever take him now..........as soon as we did the media would shine all its lights on us again

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

NO on Blount.. Its a joke that this guy actually visited the Steelers.. You dont' take clowns that cheap shot players after some smack talk when he gets his butt kicked after he talked smack all week.. We don't need mental midgets and clowns like this on the team. If he can't handle smack talk from Boise State how the heck is he going to handle the Ray Lewis's of the world?

Here's Eric Norwood clip from NFL combine..

Clifton Geathers highlights.

JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
DE/LB Albert McClellan could be a gem to replace Keisel

missed some play time because of injures though

Well I like Blount........but I doubt wed ever take him now..........as soon as we did the media would shine all its lights on us again
LOL "again" ...as if they stopped. Hey...maybe it would take some attenion of of Ben...no...not really.

It looks like McClellan projects as an OLB for us (he's only 6'1) so he wouldn't replace Keisel (who is a DE). He would be more depth at OLB while they teach him to stand up. I hope they don't tak him unless it is with a 6th or 7th. We just have other needs to address.

So I've been looking and Stuckley seems like a decent project at SS. e had less production last year but he could be a project. We don't have a back up SS and troy gets hurt all the tme. Mundy seems like more of a FS back up. We'll see. I think he's be a good 5th round pick up.

Degeare is really a guard. He played guard until last year when he played LT after sitting out a year due to academic ineligibility. Since we picked Pouncy and we have Urbik developing, I don' think we need him (unless he's available with our 7th round comp pic).
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,251 Times in 610 Posts

Yeah the Blount thing just isn going to happen,

Id like Dixon from Miss State but he hasn't visited

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote