Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
nu4everfan15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1056
Default Re: My Mock for 2006

i like that pick... but i really think it depends on who the steelers keep b4 they decide where to take a runnig back cause moore will be a late rounder, probably because of knee injuries, but he is a good prospect in my mind. he has good vision and did alot will nothing
Old 02-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by lank81
Toot away Suit. I think Mangold would be a great pick. Now whether he would start over hartings or okobi I'm not sure. Either Chukky or Jeff will get cut for cap room and Mangold will watch and learn for a year. A lot of mock drafts have us taking Chad Jackson from Florida in the 1st. I have to admit I watched him in the skills competition and he made some mind blowing catches. He also caught the most passes 27, the next closest was 18. I think WR as our #1 choice is bad, but wouldn't totally surprise me. Hopefully Mangold comes to us thought at #32.
i don't know, i really don't like drafting olinemen in the first round unless they are mind blowing prospects that you can't pass up on, you can always get a career starter in the second or third or fourth. i think we need to either add some depth on the d-line or get another weapon for big ben just in case ARE doesn't stick around
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The top reason TO draft an OL in the 1st is to save on the insane signing bonuses these guys are commanding now.

I was also thinking that if we refuse to pay the huge ransom Chris Hope is gonna hold over our heads (and we likely won't), we may pick a S at #2. The reason why he'll command o much money is because he's the best in FA available this year, which measn we are gonna take a hit either way.

Also, no way Anthony Schlegel is still available in the 5th rd. Hawk is a top 5 pick, Carpenter will probably go late 1, early 2, and Schlegel late 2nd, early 3rd.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #14
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

You never know where anyone is gonna end up until after the combine. Someone could totally tank and go from a late first to a late 3rd. All i know is, I'm confident in our Scouts. They've done great the past few years, even in the later rounds. Look at Keisel, he ws a 7th rounder...
Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

bah on a damn olinemen in the first round, i want someone that's gonna play, i want either a wr or someone on defense
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #16
WyomingCowgirlBarbie
Water Boy

Member Number: 1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
You never know where anyone is gonna end up until after the combine. Someone could totally tank and go from a late first to a late 3rd. All i know is, I'm confident in our Scouts. They've done great the past few years, even in the later rounds. Look at Keisel, he ws a 7th rounder...
So much for experts. Keisel was expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round. It was a hard two days...waiting and then another round with no Keisel. Gurrr. Of well, 7 is a lucky number and it all worked out. Where would the Steelers be if he had gone to the other teams that were talking to him during the draft????
Go Keisel #99
WyomingCowgirlBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #17
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
bah on a damn olinemen in the first round, i want someone that's gonna play, i want either a wr or someone on defense
I think this view is short-sighted - no offence, pun intended - I think we have to accept that we are going to have to rebuild our team with so many players able to leave this year.

If we lose Hartings then his backup should play, lets see if he can make the transition with full time playing. If this happens then we should select Mangold if available or perhaps Eslinger in the 2nd round.

If we lose Hope then I think we should try and select Ko Simpson as a replacement 1st round pick. I will say that Hope came on leaps and bounds this last seaon and with Polomalu they make a great team, I wish we could re-sign him personally.

Finally, my picks, in the first round, if available, would be Daryl Tapp, Virginia Tech playing him as a linebacker/defensive end and in the second Charles Spencer, Pittsburgh - who according to Drew Boylhart should still be a defensive tackle rather than on OT/OG - perhaps we can utilise him better.
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
Zez
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
don't forget...faneca was a first round....and so was troy edwards. now who was the better pick?
So was Kendall Simmons....

But I still like Sinorice Moss in Rd 1 if we lose El...a perfect replacement (PR/KR/WR). I just wonder of he can throw???

But we can sit here and wonder all day long. We need to know who is definitely gone first before we really start predicting..
Zez is offline   Reply With Quote