Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,481
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,016
Thanked 8,777 Times in 3,685 Posts
Default jets cut alan faneca

as per espn.

cut urbick and pouncey! bring him in!
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach
 
steelerdude15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,311
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Quote:
cut urbick and pouncey! bring him in!
We just got Pouncey
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

It was stubid that we let him go at all......
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
as per espn.

cut urbick and pouncey! bring him in!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
It was stubid that we let him go at all......
Are you serious?

The man became a locker room cancer, divided the O line, undercut the coaches.

The only thing that saddens me is that he didn't leave a year earlier, when he began the idiocy. All because his "guy" wasn't picked to be coach.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Yes i am serious.I loved that guy.Sorry about that other stuff as i never heard a thing about that.Was his "guy" ken whisenhunt cause i thought he should have been the coach also.So i am right there with him on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Are you serious?

The man became a locker room cancer, divided the O line, undercut the coaches.

The only thing that saddens me is that he didn't leave a year earlier, when he began the idiocy. All because his "guy" wasn't picked to be coach.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
Yes i am serious.I loved that guy.Sorry about that other stuff as i never heard a thing about that.Was his "guy" ken whisenhunt cause i thought he should have been the coach also.So i am right there with him on that.
Regardless. He is getting paid to do his job. Not to interfere with the coaches, especially the line coaches.

remember how bad the lines were two years ago and the first half of 2008? I would surmise that half of that was Faneca undercutting what the coaches said once they were on the field. Actually, I seem to remember him SAYING that he was actually changing things, going against the coaches.

2008, well, along with all the injuries, was also about learning the scheme they were TRYING to implement in 2007-without interference.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

I understand all of that ,even though this is the first i have heard it.I will take your word for it.But the guy can play football.And his attitude does not take away the fact the guy has talent.And it was a darn shame that he got ran out of town because of the screwjob that ken was given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Regardless. He is getting paid to do his job. Not to interfere with the coaches, especially the line coaches.

remember how bad the lines were two years ago and the first half of 2008? I would surmise that half of that was Faneca undercutting what the coaches said once they were on the field. Actually, I seem to remember him SAYING that he was actually changing things, going against the coaches.

2008, well, along with all the injuries, was also about learning the scheme they were TRYING to implement in 2007-without interference.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
AllD
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,586
Member Number: 11931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

He can play for the Cards now, but he would do better signing with the 49ers in that division.
__________________
ALL DEFENSE!!!
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
Psyychoward86
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,463
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
We just got Pouncey
who cares cut his ass
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,185
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 891
Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,612 Posts
Default Re: jets cut alan faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
We just got Pouncey
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts