Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Silverback92
Water Boy

Member Number: 11535
Default To those upset about not getting Golden Tate...

I was just like you when I saw what went down in round 2 and then getting a WR in round 3. I asked myself, "WTF are we taking Jason Worilds in the second round? We TOTALLY could have gotten Tate in the 2nd and Worilds in the 3rd."

However, after really examining some video and analysis of Sanders, all I have to say is WELCOME ABOARD!

I really think this kid is gonna fit right in. I thought, "Tate is the closest thing to Ward we're gonna get in this draft class." Well, Sanders is like a Santonio/Hines hybrid (minus the ganja I hope). Check this highlight video:

Specific points in the video that are a must watch are the plays beginning at 0:42, 2:20, and 5:00. He knows how to throw some blocks for sure and that hustle looks phenomenal.

Pair that with the numbers from the combine.
Out of all WRs at the combine he was #3 in the 40, #5 in the vert, #1 in the broad, #2 in the three cone, #3 in the 20 yard shuttle. This guy is a true athlete. Golden who?

Don't get me wrong. The jury is still out on Worilds, but I'm pretty excited to have Sanders in black and gold.

P.S. Screw the vikes for swooping in and grabbing Gerhart right before our pick. Got me all excited "Oh, the vikes don't need Gerhart. They have AP! We can totally pick hi....WHAT THE HELL!

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-24-2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: NO F BOMBS!!!!
Silverback92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542
Default Re: To those upset about not getting Golden Tate...

You could be right.. I doubt anyone here watched a lot of SMU games in the past two years and if he played for ND and Golden Tate played for SMU we probably would be all clamoring for Sanders..

I think its more of the 2nd round pick that everyone is angry about.. I happen to think we are pretty strong at LB already and Timmons can always slide outside if one of those guys get hurt with Foote and Fox filling in at ILB..
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

You're right we don't need an OLB now, but an OLB playing in the 3-4 usually takes 2-3 seasons to be ready to takeover. Harrison is fine now but by the time the players come back after next seasons lockout in 2012, Harrison will be 34 years old, and Worilds will be ready to become the full time starter.

WR's are easy to find, probably the easiest position to fill between FA and the draft each year. Few defensive players can start in our defense as a rookie, they take more time to develop.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,292 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

This is the first time I have gotten to watch Sanders. Looks like he ain't afraid to lay it out there. He has speed and good hands from what I have seen no one should be dissapointed with him.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:34 AM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

I'm mainly angry about the second-round pick because it was so much higher than we needed to spend for that guy. Worilds could turn out to be a great player, but we missed the chance to get another talented player by basically doing rounds 2-3 backwards. We missed a chance to possibly get a THIRD talented player by not trading some of our garbage picks.

In fact, that's the part that really mystifies me. What are we going to do with all our picks Saturday? Trading up now is pretty useless.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Thanks for the vid post. That's the first time I've seen him play and he definitely makes the difficult catches. Obviously an athlete. Welcome to the Steelers!
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
pghfrank1948
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11942

Impressive but so were the Highlight films on Lima Sweed and he couldnt catch a cold. I hope this guy can step up his act on Sundays!!!
pghfrank1948 is offline   Reply With Quote