Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Blount

for not a single team to draft him it means he must have done very poorly in interviews. i figured someone would take a chance on him.

thoughts?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,298 Times in 1,827 Posts
Default Re: Blount

based on nothing but game film.. i would have prefered him over dwyer...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5008

Would you give him a shot as a FA, or is he too much of a risk, considering the team is trying to clean up their image?

I'd take the risk. Afterall he is an undrafted free agent. No biggie to cut him.

If it payed off, and Dwyer was good also, we could have a stable of backs.
1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Steeldude
Living Legend

he seemed to be very powerful and very solidly built. i spoke to a couple of friends of mine who have ties with oregon and some of it's players. they said most people found him to be a happy-go-lucky type of person, but made an unfortunate choice on that fateful day against Boise state.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Steeldude
Living Legend

titans got blount. if he can keep his head on straight then the titans got a good compliment to johnson.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is 100% about character.

And he doesn't have any.

I'll take a pass....
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is 100% about character.

And he doesn't have any.

I'll take a pass....
He made a mistake...that doesn't mean he doesn't have good character.
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

i'm sure it has to do with his interviews and the past incident, but 32 passing on him doesn't mean he is going to be a flop or a complete headcase. it's a harmless acquisition for the titans.

i wouldn't burn a 5th or above pick on him, but i figured a team would at least use a 7th rounder on him. the steelers used 1st rounders on burress and holmes. they were both headcases and both turned out to be a waste.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
i'm sure it has to do with his interviews and the past incident, but 32 passing on him doesn't mean he is going to be a flop or a complete headcase. it's a harmless acquisition for the titans.

i wouldn't burn a 5th or above pick on him, but i figured a team would at least use a 7th rounder on him. the steelers used 1st rounders on burress and holmes. they were both headcases and both turned out to be a waste.
That's quite a reach, even for you. A Super Bowl MVP is hardly a "waste". We got good value for Holmes while we had him, and then character flaws forced us to part ways.

But there is a big difference between smoking a little weed and trying to fight an entire fan base after petulantly punching an opposing player just because they were better than your team. Blount is an immature headcase, and I sincerely doubt that he is somehow "reformed". 30 teams (Titans signed him after he reneged on an agreement with the 49ers, which is just what they deserve for signing a punk like Blount) took a wide berth because character counts, and, as I correctly stated before, he has none.

Concerning the team that signed him, well, the Titans drafted Pacman Jones, so they rank right up there with the Bengals as far as counting character in their player assessments.

Also, a note about yesterdays exchange. It was, in fact, StealHEAD who welched out on the bet.

Last edited by revefsreleets; 04-27-2010 at 09:22 AM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That's quite a reach, even for you. A Super Bowl MVP is hardly a "waste". We got good value for Holmes why we had him, and then character flaws forced us to part ways.

But there is a big difference between smoking a little weed and trying to fight an entire fan base after petulantly punching an opposing player just because they were better than your team. Blount is an immature headcase, and I sincerely doubt that he is somehow "reformed". 30 teams (Titans signed him after he reneged on an agreement with the 49ers, which is just what they deserve for signing a punk like Blount) took a wide berth because character counts, and, as I correctly stated before, he has none.

Concerning the team that signed him, well, the Titans drafted Pacman Jones, so they rank right up there with the Bengals as far as counting character in their player assessments.

Also, a note about yesterdays exchange. It was, in fact, StealHEAD who welched out on the bet.

So you really hate woody hayes then? Just wondering....

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote