Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814
Default Re: Steelers Strange Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post

First we can read into these picks that Ziggy Hood could be a bust. Why draft so many DE's when you've got to outstanding ones starting and a Hood coming on.

The Steelers did not address to my satisfaction a glaring problem in their secondary. McFadden is a good CB. But he is neither a cover CB or a ball hawk. The steelers need a ball hawk. They need 16 interceptions next seasons instead of an interception in week 16.

Opposing offenses know if they can hold up Harrison and Woodley for 3.5 seconds, they'll get an open receiver in the porous Steeler secondary. The 4th quarter collapses were a direct result of the secondary. The Steelers would have finished 12-4 if the secondary had not collapsed. Yet, the Steelers did not address this issue to my satisfaction. They needed to take a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

By so many I assume you mean the one guy in the 7th.

What exactly do you think McFadden is if not a "cover" corner?

I take from this that the FO thinks that one of the guys last year is progressing. Gay could have been working on his weaknesses in the offseason. I trust them to know.

With BMac you have a #2 now and can develop a high ceiling guy like Butler with Gay/Burnett as the nickel.

There are a lot of ways to not lose games -- Like sustaining drives and scoring in the redzone.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Re: Steelers Strange Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post

There are a lot of ways to not lose games -- Like sustaining drives and scoring in the redzone.
Yes, or you could stop back up QB's from scoring 21 points in the 4th. This is from an offense that had not produced 21 points in a single game. Then allow a lousy KC to beat you in OT on a miscoverage. I think there were several miscoverages. The Steelers are a great secondary away from being an elite team. I don't think they addressed that in this draft.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote