Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #11
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: The New Special Teams Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Steelers_Fan View Post
Logan's problem is that he's a guy without a position...

The other thing we need to bear in mind is that we'll only keep five WR's. So even Sanders will have his work cut out for him. If Sweed has a miraculous transformation this offseason and shows up MUCH improved, he becomes the x-factor to another guy losing his position on this team. Tomlin will be forced into a decision to keep 6 WR's and that shortens up another position.

If so, Logan is gone.
I think we keep 6WR this year. In fact, last year they called Logan a WR (now being called a RB).

You know that we are not putting our 3rd round pick on the practice squad for someone else to steal...nope...not happening. He may be inactive but he'll make the 53 man team.

So 1.Hines, 2. Wallace 3.Sanders (all locks)
Probably: Randel El
Maybe: Sweed, Battle, Brown

I believe 2 out 3 of the maybe category will make it.

It's all going to be tight especially with the extra spot we have to use for the 4 QBs if the Steelers want Ben to practice and be on the sidelines (They may decide against this -I wouldn't).

I believe they can cut back on the excessive waste they had at OLB just to play special teams. That's where the extra spot will come from. As long as these new guys can play special teams, they are good.

Battle may be the outs. They only really got him for ST and if they have real potential who can also fill that special teams role, he is not needed.

Waste: Baily, Woods, Arnold Harrison, Andre Fraizure, Anthony Madison. Good bye to all 5.

Replace with at least 2 OLBs from our draft (Worilds, Gibson) Foote already took a spot. That leaves 2 spots.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: The New Special Teams Plan

Keep in mind we also cut Travis Kirscke, Cedric Wilson, Deshea Townsend, Willie Parker, and Tyrone Carter so there is some room.

That's potentially 10 new faces.

Also just because they offered Eason an extention doesn't mean they can't cut him. I think they are paving the way for releasing Batch. Tomlin today was saying we have to see how Batch is after shoulder surgery. He wasn't saying all that before he got Leftwhich and signed him to a two year deal. Tomlin even agreed it is impossible to get 4 QBs ready. I say they cut Batch, sign some dumb free agent camp arm to go to the PS and they play with just 2 QBs (and Ben) on the roster for the first 4 games. If it is an in game emergency, Randel El could play QB.

Further, My opinion is having Eason on the team inders the development of the young players. I think as soon as either Smith or Keisel goes down, you want to get Hood in there. If both go down, oops. They should have Ra'Shon Harris ready by then and if he is not, it is because Eason keeps stealing all the prep. Anyway with Kirscke gone, they can afford to keep 3 more besides the Starting two so Hood and 2 out of Eason, Harris and Worthington. Most likely Worthington will go to PS but you never know.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote