Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528
Default Nothing really super special, but something I took notice to...

I'm sure I'm not the first person to catch this, but I was just looking at the Steelers roster list on steelers.com and noticed that they gave Dennis Dixon his college number, 10, since Holmes is no longer on the team. I say good for him!
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Nothing really super special, but something I took notice to...

Cool. I hope nobody bought a Dixon "2" shirt. lol We have had 2 10s that have started of bright then disappointed in Kordell and Holmes. Kordell would have been amazing had he stayed with SLASH.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Mags87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Cool. I hope nobody bought a Dixon "2" shirt. lol We have had 2 10s that have started of bright then disappointed in Kordell and Holmes. Kordell would have been amazing had he stayed with SLASH.
i disagree. i still like Santonio alot and i think we dealt with him harshly. i dont feel dissapointed in the same way as Kordell, but good for Dixon! hopefully he has the same type of success as he did at Oregon!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Oh no. The Kordell experiment revisited. I honestly hope Dixon can throw the ball accurately most of the time. Stewart was hideously bad on accuracy just like Vick and any of those running QBs. The only one worth a darn over the years has been Randall Cunningham as far as accuracy although I think a lot of his success was due to WRs that were great at outjumping the DBs for the ball.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags87 View Post
i disagree. i still like Santonio alot and i think we dealt with him harshly. i dont feel dissapointed in the same way as Kordell, but good for Dixon! hopefully he has the same type of success as he did at Oregon!
Even though pot is not chemically addicting, it is psychologically addicting for some (just like a particular food). They say they will stop and they've learned their lesson but they need help.

If being stopped by the cops at a critical time, the game suspension, the media being nice, the cops dropping charges didn't teac him a lesson, he will use again. Next time will be 1 year suspension. Many of these players use other drugs too but they get caught for marujuana because it stays in the system for a month or so while cocain for example last only 2-3 days.

Do I believe Santonio will never use drugs again? No.

I don't think it is overly harsh. If I got caught using drugs on multiple occasions, my career would likely be over.

It wasn't just the drugs though
-the domestic violence (twice)
-the naked picture (shower)
-the pot police stop
-the repeat failing dug test. We don't even know if it was pot. For all we know it could have been coke.
-The infantile tweets including telling a fan to kill imself, telling another he doesn't pay his salary, saying he was going to wake and bake, and the ghetto like tweets that just didn't seem Steeler classy. I know he want to keep it real to "Muck City" but he is a Steeler now. They were not the tweets you want all little kids to look up to. maybe it would help inner city kids but that's it. He now says someone invaded his account..."right". He would have said so right away.
-The whole Florida glass throwing accusation AFTER the Ben incident

In addition:
-Plus he was getting on my nerves with the drama after every single catch even if it was not a touchdown. Chill with that. Not classy.
-He was already saying to the Media the Steelers were not going to pay him
-His head was getting too big after the Superbowl catch. He seemed amaed with himself.

Some people are acting like he had one warning and then they got rid of him. He was well beyond his 3 strikes.

He couldn't escape the MUCK. Just watch him get caught with drugs again...just watch.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Oh no. The Kordell experiment revisited. I honestly hope Dixon can throw the ball accurately most of the time. Stewart was hideously bad on accuracy just like Vick and any of those running QBs. The only one worth a darn over the years has been Randall Cunningham as far as accuracy although I think a lot of his success was due to WRs that were great at outjumping the DBs for the ball.
I'm sincerely hoping that Dixon wins the #2 spot. He needs playing time...both in Preseason and the real game. It is hard to mentally get prepared as the 3rd guy. They need to cut Batch so Dixon, Ben and Lefty can get reps in preseason. They should hire Batch onto the coaching staff. He can come out of retirement in an emergency. lol
Old 04-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #7
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

If anything bad happens to Dixon, we need to ban the number 10 jersey so nobody is ever cursed by it again lol
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #8
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Good for Dixon.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
If anything bad happens to Dixon, we need to ban the number 10 jersey so nobody is ever cursed by it again lol
SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Not just Ban it, but BURN it---with a sacrificial Virgin----to release the taboo/curse on that number!