Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default O Line...who's in and who's out

Of course it too early to tell but this is just for fun so if you are not having fun, move right along:)

IN:
1.Pouncey-Your first draft pick...lock
2.Starks-Your LT -even if he gets unseated, he stays because of his experience at the position.
3.Foster-they like this kid. They were even taking advice about Scott so I doubt they are planing to let him go.
4.Jonathan Scott -O-line coach's boy
5. Hartwig -the only one wo has real experience at calling the plays at the line and reading line coverages. He better not get hurt or he's toast. lol
6.Kemoeatu- I've gotta believe he's safe

Bubble
1.Colon-He has been the only one that plays RT since Hills was groomed to play LT. Now Foster and both Scotts can try to challenge for his spot.
2.Urbik-I think he's done. maybe the PS for him.
3. Tony Hills -How good is he if he can't beat Starks? He may be done.
4.Essex-Can't be the best at anyting but seemed to do a decent job at RG. His time may be up. Sad given all he did for the team.
5.Chris Scott-I don't know how good this guy is but I'm always excited to see fresh blood.

Out
1.Legursky-Bye. They have two who can play center now.

Not too tough. 3 of 5 from the bubble will make the team.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner
 
xXTheSteelKingsXx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,636
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

I say Hills is gone. Jon Scott makes a better back up because he has the game experience and has started at both tackle spots.

We usually carry nine or ten so I'm thinking something like this.

Starters: LT-Starks LG-Kemo C-Hartwig RG-Pouncey RT-Colon

Backups: T-J. Scott Versitile. can play both tackle spots
T/G-Essex. Again versitlie. Starter experience
T/G-Foster. Proved his worth last season
C/G-Legursky. Think this will be Hartwigs last year so we'll need a backup to Pouncey next season.
???-This spot I'm not sure about. I say let C. Scott, Urbik and Ciron Black(UDFA) fight for it in camp
and the losers join the practice squad.
__________________
xXTheSteelKingsXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
Psyychoward86
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,463
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

Starters: 1) Starks- He signed a 4 year extension recently, and we dont really have anyone better
2) Kemoeatu-Our best run blocker, has improved a TON
3) Hartwig-Average to mediocre, but we dont have anyone better unless Pouncey goes apeshit and beats him in camp
4) Pouncey- 1st round pick, and just so talented for his age that he should be able to kick Urbik, Essex, Legursky, and Foster simultaneously in the face
5) Colon- Our best overall lineman. Arguably one of the better RT's in the league actually, he's definitely staying.

Backups: 1) Scott- Kugler's kid, so...yeah
2) Essex- great versatility, starting experience
3) Foster- Colbert is really high on this kid

Cut/Practice Squad: 1) Hills- LOL, as soon as i saw him get blown up 2 feet in the air by Brian Orakpo, he pretty much screamed failure
2) Legursky- It was hilarious watching you squash people as the world's biggest fullback, but no room for ya :/
3) Scott- Just too slow and clumsy right now to even make the team. I've seen his highlights and they're more like lowlights if you ask me
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
I say Hills is gone. Jon Scott makes a better back up because he has the game experience and has started at both tackle spots.

We usually carry nine or ten so I'm thinking something like this.

Starters: LT-Starks LG-Kemo C-Hartwig RG-Pouncey RT-Colon

Backups: T-J. Scott Versitile. can play both tackle spots
T/G-Essex. Again versitlie. Starter experience
T/G-Foster. Proved his worth last season
C/G-Legursky. Think this will be Hartwigs last year so we'll need a backup to Pouncey next season.
???-This spot I'm not sure about. I say let C. Scott, Urbik and Ciron Black(UDFA) fight for it in camp
and the losers join the practice squad.
What? lol No to Legursky. The only reason that 6'1 guy made the team was because they needed 2 centers and Shipley sucked. Now they have Hartwig and Pouncey. They will find another C for the PS to develop for next year. Bye Legursky.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Starters: 1) Starks- He signed a 4 year extension recently, and we dont really have anyone better
2) Kemoeatu-Our best run blocker, has improved a TON
3) Hartwig-Average to mediocre, but we dont have anyone better unless Pouncey goes apeshit and beats him in camp
4) Pouncey- 1st round pick, and just so talented for his age that he should be able to kick Urbik, Essex, Legursky, and Foster simultaneously in the face
5) Colon- Our best overall lineman. Arguably one of the better RT's in the league actually, he's definitely staying.

Backups: 1) Scott- Kugler's kid, so...yeah
2) Essex- great versatility, starting experience
3) Foster- Colbert is really high on this kid

Cut/Practice Squad: 1) Hills- LOL, as soon as i saw him get blown up 2 feet in the air by Brian Orakpo, he pretty much screamed failure
2) Legursky- It was hilarious watching you squash people as the world's biggest fullback, but no room for ya :/
3) Scott- Just too slow and clumsy right now to even make the team. I've seen his highlights and they're more like lowlights if you ask me
Are Hills and Legursky eligible for the PS? We just need to let them go. The ones on out team sould be those we think have more potential than are starters but are just developing.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,852
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 229
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

I think the Steelers will try and keep 10 O linemen, fully knowing that they will probably not extend Colon beyond this season. The 10 will likely be:

Starks
Kemo
Colon
Pouncey
Hartwig
Urbik
Jonathan Scott
Chris Scott
Foster
Legursky

I think Essex becomes expendable with the additon of both Scott's and I think Hills ends up being the #5 OT and missing the cut. Legursky can be gone too, but I think they try to keep him around and cut Hartwig after this season.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain
 
Steely McSmash's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malden, MA (from the South Hills)
Posts: 781
Member Number: 8814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think the Steelers will try and keep 10 O linemen, fully knowing that they will probably not extend Colon beyond this season.
I agree that this might be a year for 10 considering Colon and Hartwig as well are likely on their last year.

The team seems to have cast a wide net for guard / Right Tackle prospects with Foster, Urbik, Essex, CScott, JScott, and allegedly UDFA Ciron Black, AJ Trump all in the running for RG/RT in 2011. If they want any of these guys as backups in 2011 they'll need to carry 10 or try to stash them on the PS.
__________________
Steely McSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

I wouldn't mind seeing Hartwig hitting the highway but that may not happen until next year. He was an itty bitty upgrade over Mahan, but just by a hair.

SteelKnight's prediction is about as good as it gets imho.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
KeiselPower99
Living Legend
 
KeiselPower99's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkersburg West Virginia
Posts: 3,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

I think the interesting battle is between Legursky and Urbik. Dont think they wont cut Urbik because they sent Bruce Davis out last year. Urbik can go on the Practice Squad. I know Im a Legursky fan and will pimp him as much as I can but other then Pouncey he is the only Center and in case of emergency he knows the line calls if needed since this makes his 3rd year.
__________________
]
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Third Rail
Team Captain
 
Third Rail's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 761
Member Number: 16177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: O Line...who's in and who's out

Hartwig seems like a good guy and all, but I remember seeing some stats at the end of last season that showed that he was apparently the worst center in the league. Between that and the infamous Super Bowl safety that almost cost the Steelers the game, I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Especially since we've got a highly talented rook to take over.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts