Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Colt McCoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
How do we know Quinn sucks? He didn't play, then Mangini worked his bad mojo on him and wrecked his confidence...
Simple

Derek Anderson Sucks

Brady Quinn couldn't beat him out as the full time legit starter

Derek Anderson was as good (or better) than Brady Quinn.

Brady Quinn Sucks

Now, both quarterbacks are gone. I love how you throw it all on Mangini. Again, Brady Quinn played the same "game" two seasons ago as he did last season. Two seasons ago, Mangini was coaching Favre (well as much as anyone can coach an egotistical gun-slinger).

This isn't just Mangini. I'm not saying that Mangini helped in anyway...but BQ didn't beat out DA two years ago...he didn't beat him last year...and he won't beat Kyle Orton out this year. Because Brady Quinn sucks.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Well, you might be able to argue that Arizona did, back when they were going back and forth between Warner and Leinart. And that worked out pretty well when they finally decided to just stick with Warner. But I'm not sure that Leinart really has what it takes. Still... at this point... I'd probably rank him (a little) higher than Brady Quinn.
That wasn't really a QB controversy. Whisenhut's first year, he tried to hand the job to Leinart. Leinart was the first round pick and supposed to be the future of the Cardinals. Whiz knew this and tried to make it happen. Leinart didn't perform, and he letft Whiz with little choice but to yank him for Warner. For the rest of Warner's time in Arizona, he was the unquestioned starting QB of the team.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

The Rams actually have $100million invested in the OL. They drafted Bradford as the best QB available in a weak class. Expect him to start before the end of the season or label him a bust.

You may find one of the others as a future starter, but this was hardly 1983 or 2004.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #24
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
That wasn't really a QB controversy. Whisenhut's first year, he tried to hand the job to Leinart. Leinart was the first round pick and supposed to be the future of the Cardinals. Whiz knew this and tried to make it happen. Leinart didn't perform, and he letft Whiz with little choice but to yank him for Warner. For the rest of Warner's time in Arizona, he was the unquestioned starting QB of the team.
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, there were still supporters of Leinart even after he was yanked... until Warner found his rhythm and started annihilating defenses like he did in his St. Louis days and then all of Arizona was behind him.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, there were still supporters of Leinart even after he was yanked... until Warner found his rhythm and started annihilating defenses like he did in his St. Louis days and then all of Arizona was behind him.
There were always people in support of Leinart. But the support of the fans don't make something a QB controversy. A QB controversy is a head coach not knowing who to start, so he puts two or three quarterbacks into a competition in the hopes that one shows that he is better than the other(s) and takes the job.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

If you have two starting QBs aka, the Clowns, you actually have zero. A good coach can make a decision.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #27
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
If you have two starting QBs aka, the Clowns, you actually have zero. A good coach can make a decision.
And if you have 0 QB's worthy of starting in the NFL (aka the Browns) you actually have zero. Any coach can come to the same conclusion...some coaches inherited a well built team (aka Tomlin)...others have taken over a project (Policy, Davis, Crennel, and Mangini...maybe Mangini and company will get it right.)
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

brady quinn sucks
colt mckoy is kyle orton V2.0

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #29
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
brady quinn sucks
colt mckoy is kyle orton V2.0
Kyle Orton = 30-19 record as starter.

Last seasons - 21 TD, 12 INT, 62.1% Comp, 86.8 QB Rating.

Considering what we've worked with up to this point...I'd be more than happy to take that on.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #30
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Colt McCoy did not look happy to get the call from the Browns.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote