Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #91
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
If he does resign is the trend of giving up in the last three minutes going to continue too? Not to be an ass, but I couldn't believe how easily they quit. I say they because it was a team quit including lebron.
The team (all inclusive) did quit. I don't know if Lebron's elbow was hurting more than he let on (or was at least weaker)...but it appeared as such by all the clangs off the front of the rim...the wayward passes and (essentially) his mass number of turnovers. Only in Game 1 and Game 4 (when he had extra time to rest his elbow) did he play like the Lebron that Cavs fans have come to know and love.

No excuse for Mo/Jamison disappearing...and (former, I hope) Coach Brown's piss poor rotations, questionable timeout (non)useage.

The team needs to figure out what it's identity is going to be moving forward.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #92
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
The team (all inclusive) did quit. I don't know if Lebron's elbow was hurting more than he let on (or was at least weaker)...but it appeared as such by all the clangs off the front of the rim...the wayward passes and (essentially) his mass number of turnovers. Only in Game 1 and Game 4 (when he had extra time to rest his elbow) did he play like the Lebron that Cavs fans have come to know and love.

No excuse for Mo/Jamison disappearing...and (former, I hope) Coach Brown's piss poor rotations, questionable timeout (non)useage.

The team needs to figure out what it's identity is going to be moving forward.
Bolded part is KEY....i think step one to get LBJ back is send Brown packing
Nadroj 20 is offline  
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #93
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
No excuse for Mo/Jamison disappearing...and (former, I hope) Coach Brown's piss poor rotations, questionable timeout (non)useage.
Are you really still surprised by Mo's disappearance in the playoffs? Christian Laettner and Keith Van Horn put up Jamison #'s.
SteelersinCA is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #94
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Bolded part is KEY....i think step one to get LBJ back is send Brown packing
Brown will be fired next week.

James wants Calipari coaching his team. If the Cavs hire him, it's about 100% sure that James will be back...

Ferry is reporting that both Shaq and James were actually INJURED for the last 4 games of the season (and, ostensibly, into the playoffs), they weren't being rested. James also averaged 29.1 PPG, 9.3 RPG and 7.3 APG in the Celtics series...that doesn't really sound like "quitting" to me.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger

Last edited by revefsreleets; 05-18-2010 at 09:14 AM.
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #95
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,493
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,093
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Brown will be fired next week.

James wants Calipari coaching his team. If the Cavs hire him, it's about 100% sure that James will be back...

Ferry is reporting that both Shaq and James were actually INJURED for the last 4 games of the season (and, ostensibly, into the playoffs), they weren't being rested. James also averaged 29.1 PPG, 9.3 RPG and 7.3 APG in the Celtics series...that doesn't really sound like "quitting" to me.
Well, at least you have the stat book to set in your trophy case.


Walking the ball up and watching the clock run out isn't exactly giving it your all. Like I said let the excuses fly.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #96
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Well, at least you have the stat book to set in your trophy case.


Walking the ball up and watching the clock run out isn't exactly giving it your all. Like I said let the excuses fly.

The "Champs only" argument is garbage. Barry Sanders never won a thing...neither did Marino. If this was a player the haters liked they'd wear the other shoe comfortably.

But it's all ya got so you gotta run with it.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #97
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,493
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,093
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

How's that stat book looking in your trophy case.

Remember quitters don't win.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #98
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
How's that stat book looking in your trophy case.

Remember quitters don't win.
Garbage in.
Garbage out.

Par for the course for a braintrust member.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #99
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,493
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,093
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

And quitters still never win!
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now  
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #100
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Carl Yastremski
Charles Barkley
Dick Butkus
OJ Simpson (based on his on-field performance, NOT his double homicide)
Elgin Baylor
Ted Williams
John Stockton
Karl Malone
Allen Iverson
Greg Norman
Mark Martin
Patrick Ewing
Dirk Niwitzki
Barry Bonds
Jim Kelly
Lebron James
Barry Sanders
Dan Marino

All losers according to the collective wisdom of the braintrust due to lack of titles.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts