Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #41
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,025 Times in 1,873 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

2006 Lakers Season Record: 45-37

7th seed in west - lost to phoenix in 5

Roster-
* - still with the team
Brown, Kwame
Bryant, Kobe*
Bynum, Andrew* - he suffered an injury on his left kneecap, and missed most of the season and all of the playoffs.
Cook, Brian
Evans, Maurice
Farmar, Jordan* - rookie
McKie, Aaron
Mihm, Chris
Odom, Lamar*
Parker, Smush
Radmanović, Vladimir
Turiaf, Ronny
Vujačić, Sasha*
Walton, Luke*
Williams, Shammond

2010 Cavs Season Record 61-21

1st Seed Overall, best record in NBA

Roster

Daniel Gibson
Daniel Green
J.J. Hickson
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Jamario Moon
Shaquille O'Neal
Anthony Parker
Leon Powe
Sebastian Telfair
Anderson Varejao
Delonte West
Jawad Williams
Mo Williams

Now lets compare talent level of those teams. The best record in the nba vs. a seventh seed, no comparison. The personnel dept, the cavs win. With Lebron, Shaq, Jamison, Williams. The Lakers had Bryant, Odem. IF either guy gave up to send a message, which is worse? Like I said IF that's what Lebron was doing he needs to pull his head outa his ass and win.

Now I know you going to tell me shaq is old, moe sucks in the playoffs, ect. Blah blah blah, you have the best record in the nba and the #1 seed overall, you don't get that by having a crap team.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #42
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I really don't want to get into another thread about Kobe vs Lebron, but LBJ doesn't have anywhere close to the killer instinct of MJ or Kobe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...broncavs051210
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #43
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

It might be just me but I feel more sure than ever that LeBron is going to leave Cleveland after this season. Seems like he just dosn't care anymore. Hell what did he say in his post game interview? Something along the lines of spoiling Cavs fans over the past seven years. I don't know but to me he seems like he wants to spite them.

Earlier in the season I jokingly told a friend that they might as well trade LeBron to a lottery team and hope to land Evan Turner or John Wall in the draft. Maybe that wouldn't have been such a bad decision?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #44
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

7th seed in west - lost to phoenix in 5

Roster-
* - still with the team
Brown, Kwame
Bryant, Kobe*
Bynum, Andrew* - he suffered an injury on his left kneecap, and missed most of the season and all of the playoffs.
Cook, Brian
Evans, Maurice
Farmar, Jordan* - rookie
McKie, Aaron
Mihm, Chris
Odom, Lamar*
Parker, Smush
Radmanović, Vladimir
Turiaf, Ronny
Vujačić, Sasha*
Walton, Luke*
Williams, Shammond

2010 Cavs Season Record 61-21

1st Seed Overall, best record in NBA

Roster

Daniel Gibson
Daniel Green
J.J. Hickson
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Jamario Moon
Shaquille O'Neal
Anthony Parker
Leon Powe
Sebastian Telfair
Anderson Varejao
Delonte West
Jawad Williams
Mo Williams

Now lets compare talent level of those teams. The best record in the nba vs. a seventh seed, no comparison. The personnel dept, the cavs win. With Lebron, Shaq, Jamison, Williams. The Lakers had Bryant, Odem. IF either guy gave up to send a message, which is worse? Like I said IF that's what Lebron was doing he needs to pull his head outa his ass and win.

Now I know you going to tell me shaq is old, moe sucks in the playoffs, ect. Blah blah blah, you have the best record in the nba and the #1 seed overall, you don't get that by having a crap team.
The regular season play is completely different then post season. The reason they always have the best regular season record is because during the reg. season 1 person can pretty much make the team. That one person is LeBron. Sure the other guys are involved but for the most part if lebron plays well they win.

Once the post season comes around everyones role increases and they have to step up and play better then they have all season. LeBron does this....the rest of the team does not. Also 1 player cant win it all in the post season because we all know the game changes when the games matter more.

It seems like every year his team lets him down in the playoffs and its far from LBJ's fault.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

So you don't believe the meltdown was his fault? He stood around with his thumb up his ass most of the game!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #46
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
So you don't believe the meltdown was his fault? He stood around with his thumb up his ass most of the game!
I think he played a huge part in it...but I have to wonder if his Elbow isn't more hurt than he let on. The two games where he did good (1 and 3) were when he had more than 1 day off between games. Games 2 4 and 5 involved only 1 day off between. John Hollinger wrote a good article about it on ESPN...showed the difference in his shooting percentage (vast) and his 3point shot (missed every attempt in games 2 4 and 5). IF the Cavs can survive game 6, the odds of Lebron having a good game go up bigtime.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #47
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,430 Times in 3,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
It's not often that I agree with Colin Cowherd...especially when it comes to Lebron...but I think he made a really good point about Lebron. Lebron was sending a message (to his teammates and his owner) that they all need to step it up. He "might" have been able to take that game over by himself (though I doubt it)...but that won't win a series...and it certainly won't win against Orlando.

Rondo is better than I thought (coming into this series) and not just because Mo can't play defense. KG is playing like the KG of old...and not just an Old KG...

Mo still can't shoot in the playoffs...Jamison is getting owned by KG, Rondo is a beast. The Cavs are getting out worked, out coached and outplayed. Lebron alone isn't going to win this...but he needs to get into his teammates faces and let them know that they need to step it up. He doesn't have to be as hateful as Kobe and MJ have been (in the past) but he still needs to step it up off the court...or on the court will end in Boston tomorrow night.
now there is some rational, non-homer, actual BB talk that these threads have desperately been missing.

unfortunately for you being candid and objective, you will now be lumped in with the rest of the "haters" by our resident ohioguru.

welcome to the club of lucidity....
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #48
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Daniel Gibson (no defense, streaky shooter, poor passing skills, PG)
Daniel Green (Rookie SF)
J.J. Hickson (No defense, high energy, a bit undersized PF)
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Over the hill and very slow C, good rebounder, decent shooter)
Kobe Bryant (for the sake of argument)
Antawn Jamison (getting older, decent shot but loves his jumper, so-so rebounder and defender)
Jamario Moon (decent shot, but took years to actually get into the league, decent defender)
Shaquille O'Neal (over the hill and very very slow, still a physical presence who can alter things by getting opposing big men into foul trouble)
Anthony Parker (so so shot, so so defender...)
Leon Powe (probably should be used more, but no chemistry with team as he hasn't played much)
Sebastian Telfair (no chemistry with team, though should be semi-decent instant offense off the bench)
Anderson Varejao (high energy defender, very little offense to speak of.)
Delonte West (Only non-superstar on roster who can create his own shot, though undersized, good on-ball defender, decent passer, good scorer)
Jawad Williams (end of the bench for a reason)
Mo Williams (very streaky shooter, very poor defender)
Look at this roster (objectively) and ask yourself, could Kobe win with this roster? Be honest...the answer is no...especially with how they are playing in the playoffs.

Last edited by fansince'76; 05-13-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Removed response to deleted post.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #49
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
IT was one game so no, lbj is not responsible for any meltdown or it they lose the series

This is the FIRST time he has ever done anything like this and we may not know the whole story yet everyone wants to call him out when they are trying to prove something
Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #50
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
IT was one game so no, lbj is not responsible for any meltdown or it they lose the series

This is the FIRST time he has ever done anything like this and we may not know the whole story yet everyone wants to call him out when they are trying to prove something
He's the MVP. Not very MVP of him to stand around and watch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Closed Thread