Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #51
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
now there is some rational, non-homer, actual BB talk that these threads have desperately been missing.

unfortunately for you being candid and objective, you will now be lumped in with the rest of the "haters" by our resident ohioguru.

welcome to the club of lucidity....
It was one game, KOTFT.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #52
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I really don't want to get into another thread about Kobe vs Lebron, but LBJ doesn't have anywhere close to the killer instinct of MJ or Kobe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...broncavs051210

Here, let me fix this for you.

EITHER: I really don't want to get into another thread about Kobe vs Lebron

OR: LBJ doesn't have anywhere close to the killer instinct of MJ or Kobe

Because the latter completely cancels out the former...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #53
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
IT was one game so no, lbj is not responsible for any meltdown or it they lose the series

This is the FIRST time he has ever done anything like this and we may not know the whole story yet everyone wants to call him out when they are trying to prove something
Watch how they'll turn on him when he leaves. The guy is entitled to some bad games. I can't think of another player anywhere that has had to endure the pressure he has. Typical NE Ohio fan is too dense to see it, they'd rather boo the only person that has done anything for them in the past 10+ years.

I'm not so sure he "did" anything. I think he had a bad game. LBJ doesn't need to take a night off the prove the rest of the team is dirt. He knows it, maybe he's trying to let the fan boys on SF realize it, that's it!!! Mystery solved.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #54
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...verlist_footer

Quote:
It just hit me. I'm going to lose LeBron.

He's gone. He's leaving Cleveland. Leaving Ohio. Leaving me.

It's a matter of time, and judging from the last few games of the Eastern Conference semifinals, that time can be counted not in months or weeks, but in hours. Cleveland is hours away from playing Game 6 at Boston, and after watching LeBron James play down to the level of his old (Shaq), overrated (Antawn Jamison) and simply not very good (Mo Williams) supporting cast, I'm pretty sure Cleveland's season ends Thursday night.

Which means LeBron's time in Cleveland, in Ohio, ends Thursday night.

This is not what I want. If you're reading it that way, kindly repeat second grade. Losing LeBron is not what I want. I've grown attached to that sucker, to the point of fandom. I was there May 31, 2007, when he had 48 points against Detroit and singlehandedly beat the Pistons by scoring Cleveland's final 25 points in a double-overtime playoff victory. I saved the official box score. That was it for me. I was in love.

Which is why LeBron's imminent, and obvious, departure has blindsided me. Fans don't see the truth; they see what they want to see. How else do you explain the blind devotion in Tennessee to that idiot Lane Kiffin when he was coaching the Vols for 14 minutes months?

Same here. In my blind devotion to LeBron, I didn't see the hints that he would leave me, including the most obvious hint of all: His willingness to go through free agency after the 2009-10 season. Seemed pretty clear to you, right? If James wanted to stay in Cleveland, he'd re-sign before summer. It's not like he could make more money somewhere else, or hard-line the Cavaliers into a few extra millions. The NBA with its rigid salary structure isn't Major League Baseball, where the Texas Rangers or Los Angeles Dodgers can be fooled into bidding against themselves until they give head-scratching deals to Alex Rodriguez and Kevin Brown.

But I was blind. Same thing with his 2009 and 2010 MVP trophies. LeBron accepted both of them in Akron, his hometown. The first one, sure, that made sense. LeBron asked to be presented the trophy at St. Vincent-St. Mary as a way of honoring his high school. But the second one? LeBron accepted the 2010 MVP last week at the University of Akron, as a way of honoring ... who, exactly? I had no idea at the time, but in hindsight I think it was more an act of dishonor to Cleveland. James was making it clear that he's an Akron guy, not a Cleveland guy. It was his first symbolic step out the door. I see it now. Especially in light of the following comment he made to the crowd at Akron:

"No matter what might be ahead for me," he said, "this will always be my home."

This being Akron. Not Cleveland.

That's the most definitive statement LeBron has made yet about his plans, and you're right -- that's not definitive at all. LeBron has never said what he plans to do this offseason, where he plans to sign, if he plans to leave the Cavaliers at all. But his personal biographer, Buzz Bissinger, said this week that he expects LeBron to go to the Knicks, LeBron, Bissinger said, "would own New York in a way that no athlete has ever owned it."

And that's why my blind spot has been so big. It's not just my Ohio loyalty that has made me refuse to see the obvious. It's my New York antipathy. I don't like that place. Never have, never will. Typically I don't like frontrunners, and New York is a frontrunner. It's huge, it's rich and it has television wrapped around its finger. And the New York media, as insufferable a group as there is in this insufferable business, makes me ill. They've always assumed LeBron will come to New York because it's New York, stupid. And everyone wants to be in New York. Right? You idiots. Enjoy your 650 square feet, morons. ...

Where was I? Oh, right. LeBron and New York. Rooting for New York to get LeBron is like rooting for the Yankees to get a World Series. Why, unless you live in New York, would you do that? That bus is rolling whether you're on it or not. Go root for something original. Find your own team.

Me, I found LeBron. He's my team. So I'm taking this hard. But as hard as his departure will be on me, it will be 10 million times harder on Cleveland. And Cleveland has been through sports hell.

But Cleveland hasn't been through anything like this. The Drive? The Shot? Those were cruel, true, but they were one-year bits of cruelty. John Elway knocked Cleveland out of the 1987 Super Bowl by driving the Broncos 98 yards in the final minutes to force overtime and eventually win the AFC title game. Michael Jordan knocked the Cavaliers out of the 1989 NBA playoffs by hovering above Craig Ehlo to beat the buzzer in Game 5 of a five-game series. Those moments sucked, but there was nothing permanent about either one. The Browns still fielded a team the year after The Drive, a team competitive enough to reach the AFC title game again (and suffer The Fumble). Same with the Cavaliers one year after The Shot, reaching the playoffs again in 1990. Two years later, the Cavs were in the Eastern Conference finals. They recovered from that.

But this? The Cavs won't recover from this. The entire city of Cleveland won't recover from this, because this is a killer. This is Fred Sanford stumbling around, holding his chest and screaming for Elizabeth, only this time, he ain't joking. This is the big one. Cleveland was a baseball town first, then an NFL town, but LeBron eclipsed both. He is the biggest star this city has ever seen, not just because he's a great player with a great personality, but because he's a local. Akron is less than 40 miles away. When LeBron leaves, he'll leave behind a basketball team that will be lucky to win 25 games next season, and that will do so inside a half-empty arena. When LeBron leaves, he'll rip out this city's heart.

Mine is breaking already, and here's the first thing I'm going to do. I'm going to stop referring to LeBron as LeBron. No more of that. He's not dead to me, but from this point on -- unless he stays in Cleveland -- he is James to me. He's lost the first-name privilege, and it goes both ways. Call me Mr. Doyel, you traitor. You selfish jerk.

I'm losing him. I'm losing LeBron -- I mean, James -- and unless the Cavaliers force Game 7, I won't even get to say goodbye.

For more from Gregg Doyel, check him out on Twitter: @greggdoyelcbs
Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #55
revefsreleets
Living Legend

That Dan Gilbert, what a piece of NEO trash...

Gilbert tells The Plain Dealer of Cleveland that his team’s performance in the past two home games "does not come close to being anywhere near the high expectations all of us have of our organization. Our fans and supporters deserve more."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...54320&srvc=rss

(Edit) I also will take the word of the owner and James' HS coach and close friend Keith Dambrot over Greg Doyel. But each to his own, I guess...oh, and there is this:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....y_with_th.html

After being mostly neutral and downright noncommittal for some time, those closest to James have been altering their view recently. The vibe being sent out from James' camp -- whether it is private conversations or discussions about new business or plans for the near future -- is that James currently is leaning strongly toward re-signing with the Cavs.

That may sound vague and, as always, it continues to be fragile. Yet there is no denying the gradual shift within James' circle and, it is assumed, by James himself.

James has declined to talk publicly about free agency since November. But as one source said, "I have never been so sure that he's going to stay in Cleveland than I am right now."

Dambrot "betting his house"....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...BronMVP-100503

"I don't have any special insight into this,'' said Keith Dambrot, James' first high school coach and now the head coach at Akron. "But if I had to, I'd bet my house that he stays. Why else would you do things like this?''

Last edited by revefsreleets; 05-13-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #56
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Kobe did it before they brought in Pau Gasol...and it was an elimination game.

It may be that Lebron is tired of it.
Kobe also had 20+ points in the first half of that game and they were still down big. I don't think he gave up, he just tried something different in the 2nd half. They still should've won the series being up 3-1 tho.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #57
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Im going to call it now....the cavs win and LeBron has 45 plus
Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #58
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,401 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Im going to call it now....the cavs win and LeBron has 45 plus
I'm going to call, boston 4-2

Although I've been wrong before.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #59
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
I'm going to call, boston 4-2

Although I've been wrong before.
I think its going to be a close game and possibly come down to the last possession....but remember that Lebron plays awesome in boston...hope that is the case tonight
Old 05-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #60
Nadroj 20
Team President

well after the first half im not too proud of LBJ's preformance. He isnt shooting well again, but he does look more focused at least.

Mo Williams on the otherhand has been phenominal. If he continues to play like this and LBJ steps it up, they can win this game.
Closed Thread