Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #31
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Who is No. 1 @ running back next year? Right now...no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
mayne, who the f' cares what someone does on their spare time, if he's gonna help us repeat i say f' it and bring him in, and that shit he did was before he was drafted it didn't just happen

Well I do. Are there exceptions? Absolutely YES. Saving talent from inept organizations is one thing...like an Eric ****erson or a Jerome Bettis. But we don't need problem children.

It took Joey several months to become the guy we paid for after he 'fell backwards' into a 1000 ft/second metal projectile. If their conduct off the field interferes with the time spent on the field then why spend the money. Just ask Andy Reid.

Besides. Our drafts since 2000 have yielded the nucleus of this team. Casey, Marvel, Simmons, Randle El, Hope, Trojan Troy, Ike Taylor, Big Ben, Colclough, Max Starks, Heath, McFadden and Essex - minus Kendrell Bell. Let's stay with what is working. I'd opt for spending money via future picks by moving up the draft board now.

Hell but what do I know!?
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #32
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

We're already over the cap by like 4 or 5 mil, you can count on them looking for a lame duck in FA or bringing in someone who is underrated like Willie to give em a shot. They'll be looking hard at everyone's practice squads. Bottom line.... we have no money to go after any gamers who have been out there. I don't know if there really is anyone, other than Gado, that could replicate anything close to what we're used to. In the FA market anyway. Willie is great for what he can give, I like the one-two punch and I hope they're successful finding someone to back him up. Hopefully Duce will be that guy since he counts so much against the cap, I personally think that's why they kept him out all season, to keep him fresh for his "calling" this coming year. Just my opinion.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #33
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I would be very surprised if the Rooneys brought Jamal Lewis here. They don't go after guys who have off the field issues such as he does.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #34
70c10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1866

I don't think he's had any off the field issues since entering the NFL.
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #35
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Injuries and If I recall correctly didn't he make comments this season hinting that he was not willing to give 100% while coming up on FA? The Rooney family has a history of not picking up guys with that type of attitude (and when they have, they didn't last very long). This is just an assumption, but even If Jamal got arrested in his sophmore year in college, the Rooney's still would not take that gamble in my opinion.

Personally, I don't think he's worth the gamble. Specially after this past season.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-08-2006 at 09:08 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #36
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Najeh Davenport has been mentioned as a possible FA pick-up. I'm not sure what his asking price would be but he might be worth a look.

I love Willie Parker but he's not going to get those 1-3 yard power pick-up/clock killing big first downs like Jerome could.
Duce needs to go..........just pay him, cut him loose and chalk it up as decision that just didn't work out.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #37
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Problem with Nejeh Davenpoop................

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0708/1403417.html

"MIAMI -- Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport was arrested Monday, accused of breaking into a university dormitory and defecating in a woman's closet.".

"Davenport, 23, surrendered to police Monday and was charged with a second-degree felony count of burglary and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief, said Richard Master, a Miami Shores police spokesman.".

That incident might hurt his chances of being picked up by the Steelers. And getting picked up by girls in general.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #38
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Parker will go in as the starter and Duce may get the chance to compete for the starting job but most likely he'll end up taking jerome's spot next year..although I would imagine he'll get more carries than the Bus did this year becuz he younger.

Haynes is a FA so hopefully he'll come back for us, he's a good play maker and outstanding on ST.

We'll draft a RB or get one in FA, there is little doubt of that.
I've been saying this since Cowher said in like October that Duce was never gonna be 100% this year. I think they'll draft a guy in the 3-4 Rd as Duce's replacement, and I like Cedric Humes- Virginia Tech 6'1" 233 4.51 40

(Edit: I mean Duce's FUTURE Replacement, a RB to groom)

Last edited by Suitanim; 02-08-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #39
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

I'm confused how some people are saying Willie won't be our starter next year.

I would put my life savings on Willie being our starter entering camp, and on Week 1. You can give any analysis you want (and you guys are correct on some points), but if you gain 1200 yds during the regular season, your team wins the SB, and you break a 75 yd td run to break open the game, you start the enxt year. Plus, the upside with this guy is still so much, he can improve so much cause I do think he got worn down. (And while generally you can make the argument that he didnt put up in big games, he did have ahuge game in the first CINCY game, a huge performance vs DET when we needed to win, and did break that 75 yds td ihe SB. How many guys take that to the house, although you could have driven a truck through that hole, a lot of guys get caught eventually and teams cant put it in).

DUCE will be back I believe and will probably play with him in a Jerome type role. I hope he stays healthy b/c I think he can still be effective and we need to get something from him for how much we are paying.

Steeler Fans - WE ARE NOT GETTING LENDALE WHITE. Smarten up. We will draft a RB after the 3rd round unless they are absoltuely in love with somebody or have a FA in mind - but they will need to be cheap, we got no money.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #40
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I've been saying this since Cowher said in like October that Duce was never gonna be 100% this year. I think they'll draft a guy in the 3-4 Rd as Duce's replacement, and I like Cedric Humes- Virginia Tech 6'1" 233 4.51 40

(Edit: I mean Duce's FUTURE Replacement, a RB to groom)
i would actually like that pick, i've liked what i read on a few scouting reports, and this is the perfect place to learn cause duce and willie can get the job done together
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote