Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #41
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Default Re: Who is No. 1 @ running back next year? Right now...no one.

BTW, I didn't see Haynes or Duce at the parade at all.

Its good this is being brought up. I'm glad we're facing this topic now, rather than during last year's off-season.

I'm still favoring Parker, though I admit he does need some development in some areas. The Steelers can sure use his speed in the running game for big plays, such as that 75-yard TD rush in the Super Bowl.

Can Duce keep healthy and can he put up the power back performance the Steelers need for years to come. If the answer is no, then cut him and find another power running back.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #42
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Or we can go after Ricky Williams........
Hes not gonna be that much in terms of what hes capable of and he doesnt want to carry they ball as much so we can switch him up....
I know most of you will not want him on your team......and im not sure i would either.just putting it out there,,,,,,,,,but think of what he could do for us
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #43
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Or we can go after Ricky Williams........
Hes not gonna be that much in terms of what hes capable of and he doesnt want to carry they ball as much so we can switch him up....
I know most of you will not want him on your team......and im not sure i would either.just putting it out there,,,,,,,,,but think of what he could do for us

I don't think he would come here. I just heard last week that the funding for "how to build your own bong" was cut and the program was shut down! Oh well, we will keep looking!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #44
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

I think the plan will be Willie and Duce (I haven't caught on to why he hasn't played).

I still like the idea of Ron Dayne from Denver.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #45
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

I want Lendale White. Lendale White is a team player, a winner and is the power we need with parkers Speed. I was very down on Parker in the playoffs until that run in the Super Bowl. That is the fastest running back I have ever seen. The only running back I have ever seen to just jet with no chance of anyone catching him was Bo Jackson. Having that homerun guy is huge and it paid off more then once this year. but i would like a power guy who is young and healthy.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #46
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
We're already over the cap by like 4 or 5 mil, you can count on them looking for a lame duck in FA or bringing in someone who is underrated like Willie to give em a shot. They'll be looking hard at everyone's practice squads. Bottom line.... we have no money to go after any gamers who have been out there. I don't know if there really is anyone, other than Gado, that could replicate anything close to what we're used to. In the FA market anyway. Willie is great for what he can give, I like the one-two punch and I hope they're successful finding someone to back him up. Hopefully Duce will be that guy since he counts so much against the cap, I personally think that's why they kept him out all season, to keep him fresh for his "calling" this coming year. Just my opinion.

Actually it wouldn't be too hard to restructure current contracts to free up space. And (I believe) a rookie signing bonus is treated/counted differently. It would be so counterproductive with all the work getting this team to where we are now not to step up and get a stud for the future. LOST OPPORTUNITY
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #47
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947
I want Lendale White. Lendale White is a team player, a winner and is the power we need with parkers Speed. I was very down on Parker in the playoffs until that run in the Super Bowl. That is the fastest running back I have ever seen. The only running back I have ever seen to just jet with no chance of anyone catching him was Bo Jackson. Having that homerun guy is huge and it paid off more then once this year. but i would like a power guy who is young and healthy.
LenDale IS the real deal.

Bo Jackson was denied what should have been Hall of Fame Status.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #48
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
LenDale IS the real deal.

Bo Jackson was denied what should have been Hall of Fame Status.
He would be the way to go, if there was a way...
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #49
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
We're already over the cap by like 4 or 5 mil, you can count on them looking for a lame duck in FA or bringing in someone who is underrated like Willie to give em a shot. They'll be looking hard at everyone's practice squads. Bottom line.... we have no money to go after any gamers who have been out there. I don't know if there really is anyone, other than Gado, that could replicate anything close to what we're used to. In the FA market anyway. Willie is great for what he can give, I like the one-two punch and I hope they're successful finding someone to back him up. Hopefully Duce will be that guy since he counts so much against the cap, I personally think that's why they kept him out all season, to keep him fresh for his "calling" this coming year. Just my opinion.
They'll do some restructering of deals for next year like they always do to free up money.. Faneca, Marvel Smith, Casey, Porter, etc..they're always willing to redo their contract to free up money for us to get our draft picks signed and go after a FA or too.

Duce and Willie will be the ... Jerome and Willie of next year and they'll probably draft a young stud RB to wait in the wings and learn.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #50
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

how long do we have willie under contract anyway? i hope when his deal is up he doesn't become a bitch and ask for a shitload
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote