Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Are Tea Partiers Racist ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
The opposition has absolutely lost the right to paint the tea partiers as "racist" or "uneducated" when it has been verified that the liberals are planting themselves in the crowds and misrepresenting themselves as tea partiers who are....racist and uneducated.

http://article.nationalreview.com/43...ichelle-malkin

I speak from direct experience about the underhandedness of tea-party smear merchants. On Feb. 17, 2009, at one of the country’s first tax-revolt rallies in Denver, a man approached me amid a throng of bona fide anti-stimulus protesters and thrust a camera in my face. I obliged cheerfully, as I usually do after such speaking events. I later learned from the character assassins at Progress Now, a left-wing outfit that just happened to be there and just happened to snap a close-up photo of the interaction, that the man pulled out a sign at the last minute (which I didn’t see until later) sporting Obama’s name with a swastika on it. He held the sign away from me, but in direct view of the Progress Now cameraperson.

That cameraperson just happened to be a former CNN producer, whose blog post on the photo just happened to be immediately disseminated by the local press and to the hit men at the radical-left Media Matters website. The narrative was set: A conservative supporter of the nascent tea-party movement posed for a photo with a man holding up a swastika at a protest against out-of-control spending! Ergo, the anti-stimulus protesters and the entire tea-party membership are all racist, fascist menaces to society!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

The interpretation of the answers is what's slanted. I would answer these questions the exact same way and I *am* a black guy. It's not that I'm hostile to my own race, just that I know that I'm a person like anyone else and can succeed without mommy gubmint's "help".

The topics that the TEA Party (I'm a proud member) addresses are all race-neutral. Balance the budget, get a handle on the national debt, reduce the size and scope of government, obey the Constitution. These matters have *NOTHING* to do with race, but the big government types in Washington have no valid counter argument, so they revert to "racist" ad-homs.
The majority of Americans agree with the TEA Party on every issue. If our agreement was truly racially motivated, it would be impossible for Obama to be President.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
It's not that I'm hostile to my own race, just that I know that I'm a person like anyone else and can succeed without mommy gubmint's "help".
absolutely dumbfounded by that statement.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,683 Posts

why were there no "tea parties" to protest bush's out of control spending?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Shouldn't you be teaching people to fish?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Shouldn't you be teaching people to fish?
Why, you want more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #18
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
His statement is pretty clear to me. A hell of a lot of black people think that the only way they can succeed is if the government gives them something, because they feel they are being held back by "the man." That is a HUGE reason why you see 90% of them voting for Democrats. I have not and have never felt that way, and many of the problems facing the black community would be solved if they all felt this way. Any person in this country, regardless of race or national origin, can succeed if they are willing to put in the work. Problem is, if you actually believe that and you're black, as I am, you are sometimes met with hostility. Lord knows I can't tell you how many times I've been called an "Uncle Tom" in my lifetime, simply because I don't subscribe to the typical black community "groupthink."

Are there some racists in the TEA Party movement? Sure there are. You put any group of people together from any walk of life, and there's a good chance there's a few racists in the crowd. But I don't believe for a second that it represents the movement as a whole.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Tea-partiers aren't racist. If a black person shows up to one of their rallies, he's treated like the guest of honor. He gets to be in all the pictures, and interviews. How can you call that racist?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
why were there no "tea parties" to protest bush's out of control spending?
[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote