Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts
Default Re: Round 2 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. Pens/Habs. LETS GO PENS!

No Caps, no Debs

the Pen's road to the finals is now clear with both bogeymen gone

Pens in 6
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
No Caps, no Debs

the Pen's road to the finals is now clear with both bogeymen gone

Pens in 6
The Caps did their usual choke job and I just can't say I'm disappointed.

Captain Ug.

Out of the 3 teams we could have possibly faced, the Habs were at the bottom of the list as far as teams I would have preferred the Pens play. I believe our Pens can handle 'em as long as they can find a way around the Habs stellar D play. We'll get to Halak - hell, we got to LeClaire and he was outstanding in the net. Pens simply have to keep playing their game and the goals (and W's) will come.

Pens in 6.

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Hopefully, with the adavntage of a few days rest, the Pens will come out with their motors running full throttle and bring the physical game early and often.

No sleepwalking, boys. Come out firing!!

LET'S GO PENS!

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #14
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The last three games the habs played stellar defense and Halak was on top of his head for those 3 games. I don't know if he can keep it up for another series but we definitely need to be beat them early and beat them often to have success.

One thing I noticed about the caps in the last two games is that they were looking for the perfect shot instead of just throwing the puck on net. As Melrose put it, trash goals! Halak as great as he was the last few games also gives up some junk rebounds and if our guys play for junk goals like they've done, then we should have no problem solving Halak.

PENS in 6!

LETS GO PENS, LETS GO PENS!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #15
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
It's not just Halak. It's that whole damn team committed to playing D, and executing it to a T.

I wonder how many shots that were blocked during that series with the Caps. I bet the number is astronomical.

They're firing right now on defense, PK and goaltending.

If they bring all that again against the Pens, then we are in for one hairy and ugly fight.
Yes, they played terrific team defense and blocked a ton of shots - 182 of them, to be exact. The Craps helped them out by constantly firing pucks from long range, though, and didn't generate a lot of offense from along the boards or down low around the net, two things the Penguins do very well. And of course, what shots did get through, Halak was right there make the save. He stopped 131 of 134 shots in the final 3 games of the series - absolutely unbelievable, but that's an average of 45 shots faced per game. That's why Halak should get credit for winning this series - if he doesn't play as well as he did, the Caps would have wrapped up the series in either game 5 or 6. If he faces that many shots against the Pens, with the way they crash the net and look for rebounds, he will give up some goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
The habs have not reached the conference finals since 1993 (the year of their last Stanley Cup) and say that the challenge of habs will be very big!

I wonder how many times the habs and penguings have faced playoff in the history.

It was the first time in history that the habs were playing against the Capitals in the playoffs.
The Pens and Habs have only 1 other playoff meeting, in 1998, won by the Habs in 6 games.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Yupp what X-T said the Pens are a dump and chase team and work along the boards the best in the league and those are two things the Craps can't do well at all. They are all skill from the middle and were taking weird long range shots, but Halak just cannot keep this up over another full series and the Habs will fall to our Pens with another great effort in 5 games.

Our defense yes not the best, but an improvement over the Craps and Fluery much better than Varlomov and the Habs have just relied so much on their D, shot blocks, and goalie I think if we can shut down any timely goals we will take this one!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
WH

Member Number:

Pens in 5. All the emotion the Habs had was spent int he first round. They'll coming out breathing fire, but Malkin will come out with Mama Malkin Borscht breath. I'll let yinz figure out which is cause for better play.

Evgeni Malkin makes Halak look like a broom handle. 6 goals 3 assists.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Screw these conservative predicitions! Pens in 4!

Game 1: Pens 4 Habs 1
Game 2: Pens 7 Habs 3
Game 3: Pens 3 Habs 0
Game 4: Pens 4 Habs 2
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
Mike Smith of ESPN just said it will be the same match up as last year in the FINALS and the Pen's win!!!

I'm hoping for someone else besides the Wings... Who would you want to see us against? I say the Hawks just because I lived in that city for 8 years...
The Hawks would be an excellent match-up for the Pens both teams with new young talent who stock piled, but the Pens would win that because the Hawks are mostly an inexperienced group who has never made it to the finals with the new young group just like the Pens not last season, but the season before when we lost in the finals!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #20
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
Mike Smith of ESPN just said it will be the same match up as last year in the FINALS and the Pen's win!!!

I'm hoping for someone else besides the Wings... Who would you want to see us against? I say the Hawks just because I lived in that city for 8 years...
I would and I wouldn't like to see the Hawks. I'm actually pretty torn about it. On one hand, I don't think the Pens matchup well with them. On the other hand, it'd be kinda nice to have the opportunity to crush Hossa's dream again.

I'd also like to see how many times Errey can make reference's to this as well...The Sudden Death Rematch!