Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #21
WH

Member Number:
Default Re: Round 2 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. Pens/Habs. LETS GO PENS!

I think hossa might commit suicide if that happened again.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #22
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

If the Hawks make it to the finals, that would be three consecutive years for Hossa on three different teams.

That has to be a first.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #23
Shea
Head Coach

Sharks win game one.

Kinda don't care what happens in the west, except for the Wings. I'm tired of them and would love to see SJ put them to bed for the season.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #24
Shea
Head Coach

Is it just me or will anyone else never watch the Daily Show on Versus?

God, their promotion of that show is annoying. I was especially irritated early on when they would throw up the huge graphic during live games that overtook the screen and took away from what was happening on the ice.

Shut up already and just show the game!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #25
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Is it just me or will anyone else never watch the Daily Show on Versus?

God, their promotion of that show is annoying. I was especially irritated early on when they would throw up the huge graphic during live games that overtook the screen and took away from what was happening on the ice.

Shut up already and just show the game!
Yeah the show is awful.. The chick is kind of hot but she's no Lindsay Soto..

Rooting for the Sharks out here because I might be able to go to one of the games if they face the Pens.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #26
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Lindsay baby had her boobage spillage shoved right in those guys faces last night. Leaning over them while they talked - you could see their eyes trying to avoid her jiggling cleavage with the cameras on them.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #27
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Well Ill say this now. LET'S GO PENS! Game one tonight im so pumped baby! Me and the lady will be down watching the game on the big screen tonight so I wish our Pens luck tonight and cheer them on good everyone!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #28
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Scuderi gives his .02

"Only days removed from the Kings' first-round loss to Vancouver and scheduled for hernia surgery today, Scuderi provided the Tribune-Review his assessment of the second-round series between the Penguins and Montreal Canadiens:"

THE PENS WIN IF ...

"They must press the play. If Montreal is playing defense for three quarters of the game — that wears on you over a series because you can only take so much bombardment in the defensive zone before that takes its toll.

"(Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) can stick-handle in tight areas, so I don't think Montreal's great stick work in the defensive zone will work as well as it did against Washington. Plus, all three centers for the Penguins go north-south, and that adds a dimension Montreal didn't get from the Capitals.

"If the Penguins plays north-south and keep it simple with their plays, it's only a matter of time before they score against Montreal. The Capitals tried to go one-on-one all the time. The Penguins won't. They may not generate as many shots as the Capitals did, but they'll generate more offense by working the puck deep and avoiding trying to be perfect with every shot."

THE CANADIES WIN IF ...

"Pretty much the same reason they won last round: (goalie) Jaroslav Halak. They're going to pack it in tight on defense and ask Halak to make a lot of saves, to be the series MVP.

"The Canadiens' penalty kill will be challenged more by the Penguins on the power play than they were the Capitals. There are two ways to run a power play — by shooting, or, like the Capitals, by spreading it around and looking for pretty plays. The Penguins change their power play for the playoffs. They look for shots, and they'll get them because of the way Montreal defends on the penalty kill. (Penguins defenseman Sergei) Gonchar is going to get shots through that the Capitals' point-men couldn't because Gonchar is the best in the world at that.

"The idea that a shutdown defense pair like Montreal has with (Hal Gill and Josh Georges) can frustrate a great player, like Crosby, is partly true. But the problem is the Penguins have Malkin and Staal, and their lines will do well against Montreal. I really like the Penguins because they are just an impossible matchup in the playoffs because of those three centers."

PENGUINs player TO WATCH...

"Not Sid, Geno or (goalie Marc-Andre Fleury)? I'll take Staal. He'll dominate at both ends against the smaller Montreal forwards. Those guys are quick, but they're going to have a hard time keeping the puck from Jordan, and he'll take it from them. Plus, from what I've seen, he's looking to finish more than ever, which isn't a good thing for other teams given how strong he is down low."

CANADIENs player TO WATCH...

"Obviously it's Halak. If I can't pick him, I'll go with (center) Scott Gomez. He seems to be controlling the pace when the puck is on his stick. Against Washington he kept them off-guard by speeding it up and slowing it down at unexpected spots. Plus, he's dangerous on the power play.

"He and (winger Brian) Gionta have chemistry from their days together in New Jersey. They can create a lot of offense without a lot

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_678898.html
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #29
WH

Member Number:

I wish Scuderi never left. I would have rather Pittsburgh kept him and dumped Ruslan Fedotenko in retrospect.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Lindsay baby had her boobage spillage shoved right in those guys faces last night. Leaning over them while they talked - you could see their eyes trying to avoid her jiggling cleavage with the cameras on them.
Yet, she wants to be taken seriously as a sports broadcaster. Let me tell ya honey, ya ain't there for the in depth reporting.