Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,113 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Jason Worilds or Sean Lee?

Sean Lee, but mainly because he would have an impact on this team far sooner. We may not have depth at OLB but Woodley and Harrison are going to be here much longer than the aging Farrior and Foote, and Foote and Fox are not the future of our ILB corps; you shouldn't let fear of injury to one of those two OLBs factor into your draft decision, the threat of age is a sure thing but the threat of injury is not. There's Timmons but we needed to take another guy for the future there and that guy was Lee. Plus we took two more OLBs later in the draft.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Sean Lee, but mainly because he would have an impact on this team far sooner. We may not have depth at OLB but Woodley and Harrison are going to be here much longer than the aging Farrior and Foote, and Foote and Fox are not the future of our ILB corps; you shouldn't let fear of injury to one of those two OLBs factor into your draft decision, the threat of age is a sure thing but the threat of injury is not. There's Timmons but we needed to take another guy for the future there and that guy was Lee. Plus we took two more OLBs later in the draft.
The one think Colbert said was with the addition of Larry Foote it wasn't as big a need as OLB and Syvester will be a ILB. I like our picks but was telling my wife its going to be Sean Lee,Terrance Cody. I'd forgotten about Worilds But was Happy with the pick.
Now we have to deal with Cody.
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #13
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Lee, because
a. he filled a pressing need, the steelers need a replacement for Farrior, OLB should have been addressed later
b. he was of better value and the better player
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
What are your sources that they wanted him and had a first round grade on him...as I havent read this anywhere? And based on the need of a RUSH OLB in a 3-4...Worilds is probably a better fit. I know I heard someone say Lee can play any LB position, but I dont see him as a 3-4 OLB...only a 3-4 ILB (though he probably could play any LB position in a 4-3), which we didnt need with that high of a pick.
Cant remember where I read it, but I will try to find it again. But I read the same thing, The Steelers were not expecting Lee to be there because they had him with a First Round grade. But it sounded like Tomlin and Butler and LeBeau had liked Worilds workouts pretty much more than anyone else they worked out. And as far as I am concerned thats all that matters cuz LeBeau and Butler have pretty good eyes for talent in my opinoin.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #15
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
Cant remember where I read it, but I will try to find it again. But I read the same thing, The Steelers were not expecting Lee to be there because they had him with a First Round grade. But it sounded like Tomlin and Butler and LeBeau had liked Worilds workouts pretty much more than anyone else they worked out. And as far as I am concerned thats all that matters cuz LeBeau and Butler have pretty good eyes for talent in my opinoin.
i read the same thing in the post gazzett
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Member Number: 16233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
WHo would you have picked Jason Worilds or Sean Lee? The Steelers wanted Sean Lee and had a first round grade on him But Mike Tomlin loved and wanted Worlids.
So, Who's your pick?
While neither has a very high ceiling, Sean Lee would've been the safer, more reliable pick IMO. While Worilds has potential and talenet, he must be coached up and developed at the NFL level. Lee could start day 1 and contribute. Lee also brings a high football IQ and solid technique to the table, Worilds is a work in progress!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Bill View Post
While neither has a very high ceiling, Sean Lee would've been the safer, more reliable pick IMO. While Worilds has potential and talenet, he must be coached up and developed at the NFL level. Lee could start day 1 and contribute. Lee also brings a high football IQ and solid technique to the table, Worilds is a work in progress!
So LEE could beat out Farrior,Timmons,Foote & FOX? I dont think so. I like Sean Lee and thought he was going to be the pick but we have no Quality depth at OLB and now both Harrison & Woodley have a quality backup without having to move timmons around.
Hine sight being 20/20 I would of taken Lee or Cody if I new Gibbson would be there.However Cody wont play special teams. I think thats why Tomlin like Dan Williams.
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #18
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Member Number: 16233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
So LEE could beat out Farrior,Timmons,Foote & FOX? I dont think so. I like Sean Lee and thought he was going to be the pick but we have no Quality depth at OLB and now both Harrison & Woodley have a quality backup without having to move timmons around.
Hine sight being 20/20 I would of taken Lee or Cody if I new Gibbson would be there.However Cody wont play special teams. I think thats why Tomlin like Dan Williams.
Who said Lee would beat out anyone. I said that he is better suited to start day 1 and contribute. Which also would mean that he is more NFL ready, which was my point.

Steel Bill
Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #19
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Maybe they are going to move Timmons inside after Farrior.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #20
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
Maybe they are going to move Timmons inside after Farrior.
he already is even though he move him outside in blitzing packages sometimes
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote