Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298
Default To take nothing away from your SB win...

Can you folks really tell me, especially after your Colts game and the SB, that there is nothing wrong with the state of officiating in the NFL?

If so, why haven't we ever seen out cries from around the country about this before?

It is certainly not just Seattle complaining....it is sport writers from all around the country...and we all know they are not all Seahawks fans.

I really wish, as NFL fans, you folks would support a referee over haul in the NFL. And realize how lop sided the calls were in the SB....just like they were in your Colts game. You saw it then, do you still see it from this last Sunday, or has the win clouded your judgment?

Yes, nothing will take your newest Lombardi trophy from Pittsburgh. Your team played won that game?.it?s over with. But, just as the calls were going unfairly against your team with the Colts, the same thing happened to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Yes, your team did enough to over compensate the piss poor officiating in the Colts game, and we did not in the Super Bowl?but none of that matters.

All that matters is in future years, the only thing to determine the outcome of a game, is the two teams playing the game.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884
Default Re: To take nothing away from your SB win...

OH for christ's sake Zorn...... YES.......

we all agree that the officiating should get an overhaul........

GEEZE man.......

ONE FOT THE THUMB.....DONE!!!

Last edited by CASTEEL; 02-07-2006 at 05:53 PM.
CASTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

*yaaaaaaaaawns*

You still here dude? With a thread that has been made at least fifteen times already.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Thumbs up Re: To take nothing away from your SB win...

Thanks CASTEEL.

Congrats on yor thumb ring! ;)
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Da Bears
Water Boy

Member Number: 1914

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Can you folks really tell me, especially after your Colts game and the SB, that there is nothing wrong with the state of officiating in the NFL?

If so, why haven't we ever seen out cries from around the country about this before?

It is certainly not just Seattle complaining....it is sport writers from all around the country...and we all know they are not all Seahawks fans.

I really wish, as NFL fans, you folks would support a referee over haul in the NFL. And realize how lop sided the calls were in the SB....just like they were in your Colts game. You saw it then, do you still see it from this last Sunday, or has the win clouded your judgment?

Yes, nothing will take your newest Lombardi trophy from Pittsburgh. Your team played won that game?.it?s over with. But, just as the calls were going unfairly against your team with the Colts, the same thing happened to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Yes, your team did enough to over compensate the piss poor officiating in the Colts game, and we did not in the Super Bowl?but none of that matters.

All that matters is in future years, the only thing to determine the outcome of a game, is the two teams playing the game.
Yo dude I`m just a bystander here but what`s up bringing this here again? You have enough of these bitch threads started already saying the same thing. Sorry your team lost and the way it happend was not the best way to go down, but it`s over. You need to take one of my little wonder pills as well and stop being one. Zorn to Lrgent is that some kind of new wave rock band. Take care dude and Da Bears will see you next season as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
*yaaaaaaaaawns*

You still here dude?
Yup, it's a good board with cool people. How could I leave?

Admitting this and getting behind an overhaul in the officiating department in the NFL does not take away from your win.

I will say it aloud one more time....I am not defending dropped passes and missed field goals....and as football fans, none of us should be defending piss poor officiating.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's the fact that you keep typing up threads that ARE ALREADY IN EXISTANCE.

It's lame and pointless. Nevermind, it's not worth my time. Have a blast. What ever get's your rocks off buddy.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-07-2006 at 04:48 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #8
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

Quote:

Hi there Zorn!

I thank you for a "positive" post regarding the officiating. The thing that makes me angry about the officiating is that it robs a little bit of the "glory" from the win that we pulled off in Detroit.

If the calls that some are calling "Questionable" were sent the other direction, there is no telling whether Pittsburgh would have won that game or lost it. We just NEVER WILL KNOW.

My major beef in this game was that I didn't get to see my "heros" in action. There was no "Big Ben Wins the Day" headline or "The Bus Scores!!!!" line.

Please don't get me wrong... I am absolutely EXSTATIC about the win, the trophy, the feeling of euphoria that everyone has in Pittsburgh, and ONE FOR THE THUMB... I just wish that there was not this "question mark" in everyone (except the SteelerNation's) mind about what we accomplished at Super Bowl XL...

I agree that we need to look at the way we officiate games... bad calls need to be NONEXISTANT!!!

Mike in Wisconsin
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears
Yo dude I`m just a bystander here but what`s up bringing this here again? You have enough of these bitch threads started already saying the same thing. Sorry your team lost and the way it happend was not the best way to go down, but it`s over. You need to take one of my little wonder pills as well and stop being one. Zorn to Lrgent is that some kind of new wave rock band. Take care dude and Da Bears will see you next season as well.
So, according to you, we all should just sit idly back and watch as the sport we all hold in such high regard, gets trampled and squashed by part time refs? Is that really what you are saying? You know, if nobody brings it up until next years playoffs, then nothing will ever get changed and the state of officiating in the NFL will just continue to deteriorate.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,618 Posts

Quote:

i can agree with that. id be pissed too. my biggest beef is the rule on a complete catch. the simms pass in the endzone that was ruled incomplete, the randel el vs. cinci. those both clouded the polamalu int. stevens had a catch and clearly had 2 feet down (even if he wouldve recovered the fumble for a 20 yd gain i would still believe it was a catch) to me a catch is a catch is a catch. too many great catches are wiped out by this "football move" crap that doesnt even apply to all catches and places way to much subjectivity on the refs making the call. like in baseball i think the call should go to the runner so to speak. i can understand where mistakes can be made in enforcing no contact rules (such as holding and pass interference), in a contact sport.

as for bens td it was ruled a td the microsecond the nose of the ball touched the front of the white line. yet a wr can catch the ball in the end zone, take 2 steps as he falls out of bounds, and if the ball pops loose it is ruled incomplete even though it was caught and in the endzone for more than 2-3 seconds. for me it is more the rules that the refs have to try and enforce rather than them actually enforcing them. if the ref actually knew the nuances of the rule in polamalus play im sure the ref wouldve made the right call.

so yes while the refs did do extremely poorly they might be trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. if they start letting wr get away with the ticky tack stuff d. jackson did then we will have receivers doing it on every play. so maybe its the rule that needs to be changed to something easier to enforce. after the patriots manhandled the rams in the sb the refs were forced to start enforcing the 5 yd contact rule. i betcha anything we will see a stronger emphasis of enforcing the type of contact jackson gave to c. hope. cause its obvious it hasnt been enforced that much this year.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote