Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #11
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: To take nothing away from your SB win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
And realize how lop sided the calls were in the SB....just like they were in your Colts game. You saw it then, do you still see it from this last Sunday, or has the win clouded your judgment?
We won the Colts game too... you must overcome bad calls by the officials. Human error is part of officiating in sports, and people have been complaining about it for decades. See, I relize that the refs the NFL has are in fact human and capable of making mistakes. Every team in every game has questionable calls go against them.

I once saw an umpire call a pitch that was a ball... a strike, and I once saw a line judge call a ball that was in... out. One time I was watching basketball and the ref called a clear charging call a blocking foul. One time I was watching a boxing match where the judge scored a 10-9 round for the wrong fighter. My point is... he shoulda knocked him out. You can't let the refs decide the game for you.

The Steelers played awful in that game and if your guys brought their A-game you would have won...

- Did the refs miss two field goals for the Seahawks?
- Did the refs drop five passes?
- Did the refs manage the clock poorly?
- Did the refs allow Willie Parker to bust a 75 yard run?
- Did the refs bite on an obvious trick play that went for a TD?
- Did the refs allow Ben to buy time and complete a pass that could have been intercepted?
- Did the refs throw an INT right to Ike in the red-zone?
- Did the refs punt it into the end-zone three time in the first quarter?

Get a grip, and let it go... your Seahawks didn't execute.

Last edited by BB2W; 02-07-2006 at 05:01 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote:
So, according to you, we all should just sit idly back and watch as the sport we all hold in such high regard, gets trampled and squashed by part time refs? Is that really what you are saying? You know, if nobody brings it up until next years playoffs, then nothing will ever get changed and the state of officiating in the NFL will just continue to deteriorate.
the only problem with full time refs is that the nfl would then be paying the same guys full salaries and for 5 days a week to make the same type of subjective judgement mistakes made on sunday.

how would a full time ref be able to judge if bens td run touched the line any better than a part timer???????
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #13
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

this will be the 90th time i say this, GREAT TEAMS OVERCOME BAD OFFICIATING, the steelers did it, if the seahawks were that much better why couldn't they? i'll tell you why, IT'S BECAUSE THEY AIN'T BETTER
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I would like to atleast see full time refs given a try.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I would like to atleast see full time refs given a try.
the cost of that would just be passed onto the fan. if it meant a pay per view superbowl or higher ticket prices who would be for it then?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #16
syde18T
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1561

Quote:
Can you folks really tell me, especially after your Colts game and the SB, that there is nothing wrong with the state of officiating in the NFL?

If so, why haven't we ever seen out cries from around the country about this before?

It is certainly not just Seattle complaining....it is sport writers from all around the country...and we all know they are not all Seahawks fans.

I really wish, as NFL fans, you folks would support a referee over haul in the NFL. And realize how lop sided the calls were in the SB....just like they were in your Colts game. You saw it then, do you still see it from this last Sunday, or has the win clouded your judgment?

Yes, nothing will take your newest Lombardi trophy from Pittsburgh. Your team played won that game?.it?s over with. But, just as the calls were going unfairly against your team with the Colts, the same thing happened to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Yes, your team did enough to over compensate the piss poor officiating in the Colts game, and we did not in the Super Bowl?but none of that matters.

All that matters is in future years, the only thing to determine the outcome of a game, is the two teams playing the game.
There has been cries about bad officiating all season. In this case, this is the Super Bowl, the biggest game of the year, and the only real game left to play for the season, so the attention of all people is centered around it, hence why it seems that more people are complaining about it.

Most of your players may not have complained much about it, but your head coach was glad to play that card. These people who bitch and moan about the officiating are the same individuals who told Pittsburgh and their fans to shut up after the Colts game when they opened their mouthes about the officiating. Imagine that. Now that the bad calls favored the team that won, they want to open up their yaps again. Good riddance.

These people can yap all they want as far as I am concerned. It just ruins the image of how the Seahawks are taking a loss.....
Old 02-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #17
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Good point Tony.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #18
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the cost of that would just be passed onto the fan.
Seahawks fans everywhere are pulling out there check books. Lets just pass the cost onto Paul Allen... he's got some loot.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I really tire of talking about this topic so I will do it once more for some unbeknown reason ...

Yes the officiating in the NFL has been going downhill for the last few years now, yes we need full time officials who should be made to take refresher classes every off season to review the latest rules, and they should also be made to attend an X number of NFL team practices during training camp and the offseason to make sure everyone is on the same page.

The NFL officials have a very hard job to do, at the blink of eye they must make a call that is of the utmost importance. I dont envy them at all and dont want their jobs for anything really... but if the NFL is the biggest and best sports outfit in the world, then we need to take the initiative and bring on full time officials.

The cost of full time officials would be large, there is no doubt, and would have to be part of the new barganing agreement in some way Im sure...but thats why they are paid the big bucks up in New York offices of the NFL..to figure this out before it gets any worse.

Im not going to comment any more on the game, ive done that enough these last few days and anybody that has read my posts knows how I feel about the game itself.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #20
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i hate these refs but great teams play through it, so having the same refs don't bother me much cause the steelers know how to win with everything going against them
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote