Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Member Number: 16233
Default QB quandary?...there should be if...

Regardless of who the starting QB is (Dixon, Leftwich, or Batch) for the first 4,5,6 games, if they have a winning record , then they should remain the starter as long as they are producing and winning. Whether you love Ben or hate him, he has been an embarrassment to this proud franchise that I have loved for 30 years! Not only does he have problems with keeping his hands off the females, but he continues to have the decision making skills of a 14 year old off the field. And to compound things, he can't stay in shape in the offseason, even though he has a 100 million reasons to do so. To think that he will be ready to go full steam by game 5 is not realistic. If the guy playing the 1st 4 games is working his butt off and succeeding, how can you bench him for a guy that doesn't put this franchise first? And I don't care about him winning 2 Super Bowls! He no more won 2 Super Bowls than Bradshaw won 4. The Pittsburgh Steelers win Super Bowls, not individuals.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772
Default Re: QB quandry?...there shoud be if...

what makes you think he's not in shape? Pictures from recent weeks? Lol, we give him this crap every season. Have you even seen the big guy move? Ben is better than every QB on this roster, tenfold. You always put your best on the field. Who cares if we go 4-0 with Dixon/Batch/Leftwich? If they could do it, you damn well know Ben could have done it in a far more dominating fashion.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
what makes you think he's not in shape? Pictures from recent weeks? Lol, we give him this crap every season. Have you even seen the big guy move? Ben is better than every QB on this roster, tenfold. You always put your best on the field. Who cares if we go 4-0 with Dixon/Batch/Leftwich? If they could do it, you damn well know Ben could have done it in a far more dominating fashion.
4-0 is 4-0. The NFL doesn't reward style points! Ben may be the most talented on the roster, but he's not the smartest! I don't believe in rewarding stupidity. If one of the other guys is winning and you bench him for Ben, then that's exactly what you are doing. And, this thing about you must put the talented guy on the field no matter what is ridiculous and is not what this proud organization is about. We Steeler fans have condemned the Bungles over the years for taking that approach. Are you now saying that we should lower ourselves to taking their approach? I hope that Mr Rooney, whom I've met and have all the respect in the world for, and a fellow Irishman as well, benches Ben for the remainder of the season. Maybe that will serve as the wake up call he needs desperately!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

What happens if we're 0-4 or 1-3? I have a feeling you won't be whistling the same tune.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

so you're solution to teaching ben a lesson is keeping him off the field for as long as possible and pissing away $108 million on a backup quarterback. What is this style points crap, Ben's just better. Dont take his talent for granted. In our long 75+ year history, we've only had 2 good QB's, and the good one we have right now is arguably better in less than half the time. The only upside Leftwich has on Ben is a stronger arm. Dont make me go through the laundry list of disadvantages. The only upside Dixon has on Ben is being able to move the ball forward with his legs. No, he is not mobile, mobile means a lot more than being able to run with the ball in your hands. Again, massive deficit in all other categories between him and Ben. And we all know the deal with Batch lol
Old 05-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
What happens if we're 0-4 or 1-3? I have a feeling you won't be whistling the same tune.
4-0, 0-4, we should be whistling the same tune at quarterback once Ben is unsuspended. Unless a ninja creeps through ben's window, decks him in the face, and turns his right arm into a delicious kabob, not putting Ben on the field asap is laughable
Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Quote:
Some things are more important than records. If the guys is playing his rear end off, then why bench him for a guy who can't put this franchise ahead of chasing women and clubbing? We had Ben all last year, and how did that turn out? You can blame the line, or the defense, but Ben made plenty of mistakes of his own. And when he decided he was to hurt to play in a game, then jumps around on the sideline like 2 year old on crack against the Ravens, it was just one more example of how important the Steelers are to him...not very!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Of course not, that is not his point. If we had a losing record there would be no problem with putting Ben back in......

Now to the OP. I kinda understand what your saying but i have to disagree. Even if we do go 4-0 with another starter as pyschoward stated, dont you think Ben could have done the same? You put the players on the field that gives you the BEST chance to win and at the QB position that is Big Ben. Obviously he is getting another chance from the team because, well he is still on the team. So if they feel like keeping him, they are going to play him. and regardless of our record when his suspension is up, he needs to be our QB.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Steel Bill
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
so you're solution to teaching ben a lesson is keeping him off the field for as long as possible and pissing away $108 million on a backup quarterback. What is this style points crap, Ben's just better. Dont take his talent for granted. In our long 75+ year history, we've only had 2 good QB's, and the good one we have right now is arguably better in less than half the time. The only upside Leftwich has on Ben is a stronger arm. Dont make me go through the laundry list of disadvantages. The only upside Dixon has on Ben is being able to move the ball forward with his legs. No, he is not mobile, mobile means a lot more than being able to run with the ball in your hands. Again, massive deficit in all other categories between him and Ben. And we all know the deal with Batch lol
I said the remainder of the season, not for ever! If you keep patting Ben on the head and saying don't do it again, then what does he learn? A 4-6 game suspension, still gets paid, and will play most of the games this year? Some will condone any behavior as long as the individual is talented, I am just not one of them.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Bill View Post
Some things are more important than records. If the guys is playing his rear end off, then why bench him for a guy who can't put this franchise ahead of chasing women and clubbing? We had Ben all last year, and how did that turn out? You can blame the line, or the defense, but Ben made plenty of mistakes of his own. And when he decided he was to hurt to play in a game, then jumps around on the sideline like 2 year old on crack against the Ravens, it was just one more example of how important the Steelers are to him...not very!
ok now your calling a guy out for not playing while he has a concussion? Come on you cant be serious!

This guy is one of the best QB's in the league!

What if peyton manning gets hurt for 4 games and another QB went 4-0 for them? are you telling me your going to keep peyton on the bench????

He is being punished for his actions, so further punishment as in leaving him off the field because he "doesnt care about the team" is adding on top of what he already has (which is too much anyway).
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote