Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Computer question....

I got a new computer a little over a year ago and everything has been running fine and very fast. About a month ago, I noticed that I could no longer play the videos on NFL.com and Steelers.com. Is there a setting somewhere that possibly got unchecked that I need to reset?? Help! (I have Vista)
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Computer question....

Are you having a problem playing videos from other sites, like YouTube? If not, then it could simply be those sites changing the way they stream video. Also, what internet browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer (poor thing), then try using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari from Apple, and see if you can play the video. I have to use Google Chrome sometimes just to post on this board, because for some reason it craps out in IE and Firefox, and I can't post anything and get blank pages. It could be a similar issue here with the video. If none of those work, then try downloading and installing the latest version of Flash Player - most videos require the latest version in order to play. If none of those work...well, I'm about shit out of ideas.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Sounds like disk lice. Try plugging into 220. They fly off.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

I would try turning off your pop-up blocker first. A lot of times sites won't let you view videos if you don't watch the sponsors ad. I know for sure you have to do this at Steelers.com, as I have to do it when I want to watch their videos.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I would try turning off your pop-up blocker first. A lot of times sites won't let you view videos if you don't watch the sponsors ad. I know for sure you have to do this at Steelers.com, as I have to do it when I want to watch their videos.
How do I do that? (dumb blonde question).

I tried to play them in both IE and Google Chrome and nothing. They used to work fine. When I get home from work I'll try downloading the newest version of flash player and see what happens.

Google Chrome just looks odd to me....IE is crisper on my monitor.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Try a different browser also, just to see if it is some setting within IE that got tweaked. Firefox will do.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
How do I do that? (dumb blonde question).

I tried to play them in both IE and Google Chrome and nothing. They used to work fine. When I get home from work I'll try downloading the newest version of flash player and see what happens.

Google Chrome just looks odd to me....IE is crisper on my monitor.

Bear with me here, I only use IE if I absolutely have to. It is by far the worst browser and has more security issues than our southern borders in my opinion. Anyways,
if its a pop-blocker that is causing you problems and you're using IE, you should get a notification bar(usually light green in color I think) just under your browser's tool bar. Something saying, "Pop-ups have been blocked, click this bar to see options" or something like that. If that isn't the problem, then I would check to see if anything new has been installed on the pc, especially if it's an antivirus/firewall program. Also, ask yourself when was the last time you were able to watch video clips, and what has changed since then. Then I would check internet options in IE by clicking tools/internet options/privacy and see if you have pop-ups enabled. You can also change your level of privacy in this window. I have mine set to 'medium' if you need a reference. If you noticed when you clicked on tools button in your IE browser, there is a pop-up option in that list where you can change the settings or just plain turn it off. I am fairly certain this is your problem. I hope this helps. If not, let me know and we can dig deeper.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Bear with me here, I only use IE if I absolutely have to. It is by far the worst browser and has more security issues than our southern borders in my opinion. Anyways,
if its a pop-blocker that is causing you problems and you're using IE, you should get a notification bar(usually light green in color I think) just under your browser's tool bar. Something saying, "Pop-ups have been blocked, click this bar to see options" or something like that. If that isn't the problem, then I would check to see if anything new has been installed on the pc, especially if it's an antivirus/firewall program. Also, ask yourself when was the last time you were able to watch video clips, and what has changed since then. Then I would check internet options in IE by clicking tools/internet options/privacy and see if you have pop-ups enabled. You can also change your level of privacy in this window. I have mine set to 'medium' if you need a reference. If you noticed when you clicked on tools button in your IE browser, there is a pop-up option in that list where you can change the settings or just plain turn it off. I am fairly certain this is your problem. I hope this helps. If not, let me know and we can dig deeper.
Thanks, 43HItman. I spent the night on the couch after a visit to the chiropractor but I'll come back to this tomorrow in the next day or 2 to try what you suggest. I know I watched LeBeau recite his Christmas poem in December so something happened after that.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

I give up. You Tube works and sometimes steelers.com works but NFL.com never works. Using different browsers doesn't help and neither does turning off the pop up blocker. I can't watch the spoiler scenes on my soap opera spoiler site anymore, either. I remember watchiing Lebeau recite the Christmas poem in December on Steelers.com.

I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Dec2, 2009 so LeBeau's Christmas video was probably up on steelers.com after that.