Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #21
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: bill cowhers "who dey..." chant at the parade

you guys need to lighten up a little....its just cowher having a good time
Old 02-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #22
GX624
Water Boy

Member Number: 1615

It was funny the first time, after the Wild Card game, because Cowher looked so goofy when he forgot the punchline. It was cute the first time at the parade, then, like a bad comedian, he over-did it. It was an Uncle Bill moment.

Porter's "Who's Ridin' We Ridin'" is a tribute to riding The Bus. It's appropriate, gets the team's juices flowin', and is fun. Especially with the bounce. He just needs a vocal coach to come in and teach him how to scream from down in his gut so he doesn't squeak so much. LOL
GX624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Low rent smack talker???????

Can you explain what a high rent smack talker is?

!
ty law and rodney harrison. (or anyone on the patriots)

while litp will contend that his team would never talk smack or break rank, i know otherwise.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Low rent smack talker???????

Can you explain what a high rent smack talker is?

Dumb post LITP, I don't think that anyone said that cincy will not contend next year! As far as a coach never giving "extra motivation" makes me laugh......If you think that Cowher chanting who dey is going to make cincy a better team, then you make my point that you know little about the game of football! Unbelieveable!
I should have known you would need this explaining to you, Stalker.

If you call someone a lowdown dirty rat, it doesn't automatically mean that there is such thing as a highup dirty rat.

It also doesnt mean that there is such a thing as a lowdown hygenically impressive rat either.

Surely you understand enough about the English language to know that you cant just substitute the opposite meaning of a word at the beginning of a descriptive phrase and expect it to make any sense?

I just thought of another example to help you.

If I was to call you a cheapshot, desperate Stalker - it doesnt mean that there is such a thing as a cheap shot, rational Stalker....ok?

By the way - its an accepted fact that you don't really talk football - only lame smack.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 02-08-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
ty law and rodney harrison. (or anyone on the patriots)

while litp will contend that his team would never talk smack or break rank, i know otherwise.
Show me where Belichick did it, or anything similar?

Show me where any recent Patriots coach did it?

You cant Tony.

I know you cant.

This was about how coaches should be above petty needling of opposition - stick to the topic.

Think before you post.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 02-08-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #26
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I should have known you would need this explaining to you, Stalker.

If you call someone a lowdown dirty rat, it doesn't automatically mean that there is such thing as a highup dirty rat.

It also doesnt mean that there is such a thing as a lowdown hygenically impressive rat either.

Surely you understand enough about the English language to know that you cant just substitute the opposite meaning of a word at the beginning of a descriptive phrase and expect it to make any sense?

I just thought of another example to help you.

If I was to call you a cheapshot, desperate Stalker - it doesnt mean that their is such a thing as a cheap shot, rational Stalker....ok?

By the way - its an accepted fact that you don't really talk football - only lame smack.

NM
You are such a fool! You were the one that said cowher was giving "extra motivation" to the Bengals! Yep, you know your football!

Low rent means what section 8? "highup dirty rat"!!!!! You are such an idiot!!!

You crack me up!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Show me where Belichick did it?

Show me where any recent Patriots coach did it?

You cant Tony.

I know you cant.

This was about how coaches should be above petty needling of opposition - stick to the topic.

Think before you post.

NM
nice joey porter reference, then. maybe its belichicks fault for not sending cowher the manual he wrote on how to properly celebrate a sb win at a parade. get real and get your head out of the clouds. why dont you show me where belichick has played professional football and has engaged in the type of bravado that goes on in the locker room that may inspire a little smack or ribbing. its 2 different coaching styles. while you think yours is perfect and the benchmark, cowher is a players coach who doesnt rule with an iron fist. he has much personality and he likes to have fun. he doesnt force his players to behave and act the way he does. and he doesnt try to create little cowher robots.

you think cowher is scared of firing up the bengals? or upsetting marvin lewis? maybe marvin can pin "we dey" up in the locker room right next to chad johnsons list and still photos of their "rap/funk" video. lol
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #28
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
If you live in or around Cincinnati...Who Dey is all you hear these days!!! I for one thought it was hilarious when Bill did that...because he is simply awnsering the question they were asked time and time again.....WE DEY BABY!!!!!!!
AFCN Champs < SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I truly think that people who live outside of this area can't fully understand how obnoxious these Bengal fans have been with the who dey bit, especially toward STEELER fans. I have been rather low key about the whole WE DEY thing personally but after all the *stuff* going on around here in this past week, I think I'll go get me my own WE DEY shirt! In other words, I couldn't agree more! WE DEY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
you guys need to lighten up a little....its just cowher having a good time
I agree 100%.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
nice joey porter reference, then. maybe its belichicks fault for not sending cowher the manual he wrote on how to properly celebrate a sb win at a parade. get real and get your head out of the clouds. why dont you show me where belichick has played professional football and has engaged in the type of bravado that goes on in the locker room that may inspire a little smack or ribbing. its 2 different coaching styles. while you think yours is perfect and the benchmark, cowher is a players coach who doesnt rule with an iron fist. he has much personality and he likes to have fun. he doesnt force his players to behave and act the way he does. and he doesnt try to create little cowher robots.

you think cowher is scared of firing up the bengals? or upsetting marvin lewis? maybe marvin can pin "we dey" up in the locker room right next to chad johnsons list and still photos of their "rap/funk" video. lol
All im reading here is "Nope, sorry LITP - I cant back up my previous assertion"

I said I dont think its classy for coaches to indulge in snack talk - there is a reason why Cowher finds himself in the tiny miority in respect of other head coaches on this matter.

Thanks anyway.

NM