Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #21
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Should the Pens consider trading Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I don't know how to respond to this thread without being a major bitch.
How about taking some time and reading through it first and consider what is being said rather than flying off the handle in an emotional snit and responding to something that's never been suggested?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #22
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

no way.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
How about taking some time and reading through it first and consider what is being said rather than flying off the handle in an emotional snit and responding to something that's never been suggested?
I read the thread.

Again, don't know how to respond without being a bitch.

Trying to change my ways, but damn if you aren't making it hard.

(Trade Malkin? ..... what a stupid dumbass! )
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #24
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
I read the thread.

Again, don't know how to respond without being a bitch.

Trying to change my ways, but damn if you aren't making it hard.

(Trade Malkin? ..... what a stupid dumbass! )
Yeah you're right, you can't respond without being a bitch, and a dumb one at that.( you asked for it)
Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

OK it's dumb to point out that the Pens are tying up a helluva lot of money at one position?

It's dumb to point out that in a salary cap driven league using so much money at any one position could prove detrimental to other positions of near equal importance?

It's dumb to point out that a logjam at center could stifle the growth of one of the best young players on the team?

It's dumb to point out that a young superstar might not want to always be the second banana on his team?

Look I understand how great Malkin is, I understand how hard it would be to get near equal value in return. But I also undertand the nature of sports and the nature of elite athletes. I also understand that Eastern European players can be tempermental, what's good for them today isn't neccessarily going to be to their liking a couple years down the road.

And I also understand it's best to sell when it's on your terms and your hand isn't being forced. I remember the Jagr trade, and what all proceeded it and went into it, maybe most of you don't?

Again any trade of Malkin would have to be for a very good package, no firesale is being requested here. And if the right deal isn't out there I'm fine with that too. I'm doing nothing more than bringing up the possibility if there was a way that it could be done to the overall long term benifit of the team. That's all.

Geez.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #26
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Yeah you're right, you can't respond without being a bitch, and a dumb one at that.( you asked for it)

You're best post yet.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #27
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Wow, the Pens don't make a conference final for once, and we're already calling to blow up the team. Eh, that's Pittsburgh for us. Lose and it's time to fire everyone.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Wow, the Pens don't make a conference final for once, and we're already calling to blow up the team. Eh, that's Pittsburgh for us. Lose and it's time to fire everyone.
You have no idea what I suggested or why so better not to comment on it.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #29
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:

You're best post yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #30
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
OK it's dumb to point out that the Pens are tying up a helluva lot of money at one position?

It's dumb to point out that in a salary cap driven league using so much money at any one position could prove detrimental to other positions of near equal importance?

It's dumb to point out that a logjam at center could stifle the growth of one of the best young players on the team?

It's dumb to point out that a young superstar might not want to always be the second banana on his team?

Look I understand how great Malkin is, I understand how hard it would be to get near equal value in return. But I also undertand the nature of sports and the nature of elite athletes. I also understand that Eastern European players can be tempermental, what's good for them today isn't neccessarily going to be to their liking a couple years down the road.

And I also understand it's best to sell when it's on your terms and your hand isn't being forced. I remember the Jagr trade, and what all proceeded it and went into it, maybe most of you don't?

Again any trade of Malkin would have to be for a very good package, no firesale is being requested here. And if the right deal isn't out there I'm fine with that too. I'm doing nothing more than bringing up the possibility if there was a way that it could be done to the overall long term benifit of the team. That's all.

Geez.
It's not dumb to point out any of that, but there's an awful lot of assumptions being made. Again, there's no indication that Malkin would be happier being the big kahuna rather than "that other guy." Not only that, as has been pointed out, why would he have signed the identical deal that Crosby had signed the year before, especially when at the time, a KHL team (I believe it was his hometown team in Magnitogorsk) offered him $11 million a year? If he really wanted to be "the guy," he'd have taken that KHL deal. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes. Plus, let's not forget that he and Crosby have the same agent, J.P. Barry, who also happens to represent Sergei Gonchar. Don't think that doesn't have a major impact on what Malkin does.

Bottom line is that the Penguins will not trade Malkin, they will make every attempt to re-sign him before his contract is up in 2014, and I think eventually Staal will move to wing as people had hinted at before he was even drafted.