Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts
Default the unofficial '10 NBA playoffs thread

maybe now we can have some actual basketball discussion w/o wading through the pond of slobber dripping offa labron james' balls in all the other threads..

once again "the king" has been usurped by NBA parliament.

i had cavs. vs. mavs. coming in, and dont know which ones early exit is more disappointing. both NBA finals losers were thinking this was their year.

but what is done is done. there as still some potentially great match-ups remaining.

im hoping for magic vs. suns.

lakers gotta be favorites with kobe, but these are some star studded teams remaining. i like how orlando has been completely dominant, yet still been flying under the radar.

im rooting for anyone but the lakers in this order

orlando/phoenix (or vice versa doesnt really matter to me)
celtics

lakers.

GO SONICS! (r. lewis and r. allen are the only ones remaining)

steve nash is a tough SOB and g. hill has heart.

kobe, artest, odom, gasol, and fisher arent no joke.

the key to this years final 4 seems to be an accumulation of 3-4 top ten draft picks on each roster.

a ton of projected talent waits to be seen in the next 3 series.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,304 Posts
Default Re: the unofficial '10 NBA playoffs thread

Lakers-Suns is gonna be a good series. If the Suns win it will be with their speed, could go a full seven game. Hopefully the Magic can take care of Boston, but I doubt it.

Old school Finals- Lakers - Boston.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Lakers Celtics would be a nice old school final, but I'd rather see the Lakers Magic battle it out again. My only question is what are we going to hear if the Lakers win it all again? It's gasol's team? Because as you know, Kobe is washed up.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

I would like to see Steve Nash win a title.....im pulling for the suns the rest of the way.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

phil jack is in rare form, once again-

Lakers' Jackson: Nash carries ball

i understand its his job to do whatever it takes to gain some sort of competitive advantage, but this sort of bush league bitching, whining, and begging for calls seems a bit unbecoming of a 10X champion who has coached some to the greatest players of all time.

makes him seem like a little bitch. (and steelerfans think mike holmgren is bad???)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Lakers coach Phil Jackson thinks the Phoenix Suns' star point guard sometimes plays a bit too much like a running back.

With a mischievous grin, Jackson said Friday that it's tough for Los Angeles to prepare to face Steve Nash during defensive practice because of the two-time MVP's style with the basketball.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Jackson turned his palm over while he spoke, making the officials' gesture for palming of the basketball.

Nash's ball-handling and playmaking are driving the Suns' remarkable postseason success, and Jackson apparently couldn't resist the chance to get in a crack at the Canadian star while perhaps planting a seed in any listening officials' minds. Nash is averaging 17.8 points and 9 assists per game in the playoffs while leading Phoenix past Portland and San Antonio.

The Western Conference finals begin Monday in Los Angeles.

Although Jackson professes ample respect for the 36-year-old Nash's skills, the 10-time NBA champion coach's comment suggests he believes the point guard gets generous treatment from officials in the elastic rules about traveling and palming calls.

Other players and coaches have suggested a similar belief over the years, though Nash is hardly the only NBA player who draws such complaints from opponents: Kobe Bryant also has been known to stretch one of basketball's simplest rules to its limits.

And Nash isn't even the first player in this postseason to draw the attention of Jackson, whose track record of playing such games through the media goes back 20 years to his early seasons with the Chicago Bulls.

Last month before the playoffs even began, Jackson was fined $35,000 by the NBA for saying Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant was getting generous treatment from officials.

"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar," Jackson said then. "He gets to the line easy and often."

Old 05-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

and the suns response-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Quote:
The Phoenix Suns have reacted with a collective smirk to Phil Jackson's suggestion that Steve Nash travels with the basketball.

Nash even had a subtle retort worthy of Jackson himself.

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich (of San Antonio) didn't have a problem with it last week."

Get it? Popovich the best coach in the league?

"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."
Quote:
Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry laughed off the accusation.

"You guys got to admire Phil," Gentry said. "C'mon, the stuff that he throws out there, I mean I think it's great. He's very creative. There's a reason. But I think you've got to understand that there's kind of a method to his madness. If you let it affect you, then it will."
He said the Suns weren't going to get drawn into what they consider Jackson's psychological ploy.

"How can we win that?" Gentry said. "We're not going to win that battle anyway."

But the Phoenix coach added a jab at the Lakers when he was asked jokingly if the team worked on ball handling skills.

"We spent the day ducking elbows on post-ups, to see if we could duck elbows on post-ups, " Gentry said, a not-to-thinly veiled nod to the Lakers' style. "So it all works out, it all works out."

Amare Stoudemire probably spoke for the rest of the team with his reaction.

"Typical Phil," he said.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
tony hipchest
Supporter

lakers are killing the suns. getting their 'fair" share of foul calls too.

kobe bryant looks like walter payton out there.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

I was originally thinking Suns-Magic in the finals, but after game one of the Western Finals... the Kobe-Pau combo is a hell of duo. I think the Boston-Orlando match up might be more interesting if the Celtics beat the Magic. The Celtics played pretty good D and Howard was pretty much shut down. Even though Rasheed Wallace is a complete jerkoff.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #9
tony hipchest
Supporter

im about ready to stick a fork in the magic. couldnt get a bounce to go their way. played undisciplined and got in foul trouble (plus had a few calls go against them). cant get a rebound when it matters the most. shooters cant make a critical shot. easy shots clanking off the rim, and luke r cant follow basic, end of game, fundamentals with it all on the line.

if youre rooting against the lakers, the celtics are the only team that has a shot (i just hope the suns can make it a series).

the celtics are looking like giant killers (although calling the cavs "giants" is buying into the hype and the magic skated through the 1st 2 series).

forget about garnett, pierce, and allen. 'sheed is no joke, and rondo is breaking out like wade, billups, and parker did for past champ teams. this is a star studded cast that doesnt need to lean on 1 guy, and doesnt have 3-4 guys coming up short on any given night.

thats what it will take to defeat the defending champs.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,304 Posts

Yeah, unfortunately I think the Magic are done. They might be able to stretch it out to five maybe six games.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote