Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,372 Posts
Default Obama Admin Apologizes to China for AZ Law

Quote:
This is unfreakingbelievable, even for the Obama administration:

The United States and China reported no major breakthroughs Friday after only their second round of talks about human rights since 2002.

The Obama administration wants to push Beijing to treat its citizens better, but it also needs Chinese support on Iranian and North Korean nuclear standoffs, climate change and other difficult issues. ...

[Assistant Secretary of State Michael] Posner said in addition to talks on freedom of religion and expression, labor rights and rule of law, officials also discussed Chinese complaints about problems with U.S. human rights, which have included crime, poverty, homelessness and racial discrimination.

He said U.S. officials did not whitewash the American record and in fact raised on its [sic] own a new immigration law in Arizona that requires police to ask about a person's immigration status if there is suspicion the person is in the country illegally.

What an idiot! China murdered millions of its citizens who opposed the government's Communist policies and allows most of its people little or no freedom. We, on the other hand, enforce our immigration laws. No, wait--actually we don't. That's why Arizona had to take a shot at it. Oh, by the way, Michael Posner, you clueless moron--China actually does enforce its immigration laws.

These dopes are actually proud of themselves for being morally and historically ignorant:

Jon Huntsman, U.S. ambassador to China who was in Washington, told reporters earlier Friday that the rights talks are a useful way to get results on tough issues.

"We're talking about issues that are uncomfortable, quite frankly, but it is a sign of maturity that we can talk about specific cases," Huntsman said.

Is it unfair to say that the Obama administration consists of a bunch of anti-American ignoramuses? If so, why?

UPDATE: Scott thinks I may be unjust to Huntsman, as it isn't clear what "specific cases" he is talking about and his comment may have been unrelated to Posner's apology. Fair enough. But I've reviewed the transcript of Huntsman's remarks and he repeatedly deferred to Posner. Posner, meanwhile, adopted Huntsman's "mature" comment and explicitly put it in the context of his own apologies for the U.S.:

QUESTION: Was there any areas in which China sort of turned the tables and raised its own complaints or concerns about U.S. practices around the globe or at home? Can you give some examples there -

ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: Sure. You know, I think - again, this goes back to Ambassador Huntsman's comment. Part of a mature relationship is that you have an open discussion where you not only raise the other guy's problems, but you raise your own, and you have a discussion about it. We did plenty of that. We had experts from the U.S. side, for example, yesterday, talking about treatment of Muslim Americans in an immigration context. We had a discussion of racial discrimination. We had a back-and-forth about how each of our societies are dealing with those sorts of questions. ...

QUESTION: Did the recently passed Arizona immigration law come up? And, if so, did they bring it up or did you bring it up?

ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in our own society.

So Posner's comments about Arizona were even worse than was reported by the AP. I would suggest to Ambassador Huntsman that if he wants to disassociate himself from the ignorance and the anti-Americanism of the Obama State Department, he should resign.
http://www.thefoxnation.com/china/20...s-china-az-law

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Obama Admin Apologizes to China for AZ Law

I can't wait until the $3.00 bill comes out with his likeness. I guess instead of "in God we trust" it'll say, "I'm sorry." Worst president since Carter.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Holy shit, unbelievable.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Why... I guess some people don't know what China does to immigrants and even their own people over there.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

Man... I've seen crass before, but this takes the cake!

Obama doesn't really think that the Arizona law violates anybody's rights, this is all just political posturing over the Hispanic vote. I personally have no problem apologizing if it helps bring about our national interest, but this doesn't even have anything to do with China.
What he has done, essentially, is to jeopardize Chinese human rights and nuclear non-proliferation in favor of his opinion of what's best for the Democratic party.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

Typical anti-American garbage from the Left
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,004 Times in 527 Posts
My Mood: Cool

I'm tellin ya, these jerkoffs are ashamed to be American.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Every time this guy goes off and deviates from simply borrowing or extending Bush policy, he either puts his foot in his mouth, runs the US down, or ends up spending another trillion we don't have, sometimes all at the same time.

Worst.
President.
Ever.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I'm tellin ya, these jerkoffs are ashamed to be American.
These jerkoffs aren't American.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Nvm. I found it.
Quote:
We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in our own society.
Is this the apology? Obama told China he disagrees with a state legislation?