Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: Will Wallace be as good/better than Santonio?
No 9 12.33%
As Good 25 34.25%
Better 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Default Will Wallace be as good/better than Santonio?

Do you guys think that Wallace can replace Santonio?

Not only do I think he can, I think he has too. That boy must work hard he has a lot of pressure on his hands now
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931
Default Re: Will Wallace be as good/better than Santonio?

Apples and oranges. Holmes specialized in YAC and playoffs/Super Bowl. Holmes is probably the third best clutch Steeler receiver after Swann/Stallworth. Unfortunately he is a screw up off the field and has a high opinion of himself without regard to his drug problem.

Wallace's body of work is not large enough to determine a head-to-head comparison at this time although his speed allows him to stretch the field more. However, he has come up with some big catches already and his rookie stats were outstanding relatively speaking. His work ethic also seems better and he has that hunger to succeed without the prima donna bullsheet. Hopefully he doubles his superfan base this season with some clutch catches in the post season.

Last edited by AllD; 05-19-2010 at 05:52 PM.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

Great point on the YAC. I was watching some 2008 games on my DVR and Tone is awesome in the open field. Wallace is going to stretch the field and I think Heath is going to have another good year. I hope MW17 can get in sync w/Leftwich because he said Byron guns the ball and Ben's throws are "soft".

In order for MW17 to have a good year, the #3 WR has to step up, be it Sanders, El, Battle or whoever else. We all know what El brings but I'm curious to see Battle and Sanders, and even the other rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
Apples and oranges. Holmes specialized in YAC and playoffs/Super Bowl. Holmes is probably the third best clutch Steeler receiver after Swann/Stallworth. Unfortunately he is a screw up off the field and has a high opinion of himself without regard to his drug problem.

Wallace's body of work is not large enough to determine a head-to-head comparison at this time. However, he has come up with some big catches already and his rookie stats were outstanding relatively speaking. His work ethic also seems better and he has that hunger to succeed without the prima donna bullsheet. Hopefully he doubles his superfan base this season with some clutch catches in the post season.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Santanio was a helluva player.........Wallace can be huge.............

at this point I cannot even support the question..............Santonio was huge playmaker loss...........can we replace him remains to be seen
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
polamalubeast
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16032

It's still disappointing to have lost Santonio Holmes

They were incredible in the big game and he was very clutch.

It is not easy to replace.

But I think that Wallace will become an excellent player, but the loss of Santonio weakened our WR group.

One thing is on, Wallace can make the job, but I liked better than Santonio and wallace is still in the same team.
polamalubeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

I sure hope so. Santonio's play making ability and RAC are going to be hard to replace. I watched a highlight show of the 2008 season and Santonio is all over it.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,615 Times in 808 Posts

Wallace is a Nate Washington kind of guy with deep speed, but not the route running, hands or RAC ability that Holmes had.

Basically, Wallace and his speed make teams have to keep a safety over to him for deep help, so that guys like Ward, Randle El, Miller, Sanders can work underneath. He's not the same player as Holmes, but more like Washington was.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

nobody can answer this right now. holmes is a great player and until we see some #1 CB's covering wallace we have no clue how he will do. wallace looked great his rookie year but alot is going to change from last year to this and i hope he can step up and and play great

as for everyone that voted wallace will be better then holmes, your just hoping. nobody has any clue and wont know until after this following season
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,377 Posts

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,377 Posts

in 4 years holmes averaged 3.9 rec per game, and 63.9 yds per game. ... i'm pretty confident wallace could match those numbers from a starting role.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote