Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
geran42o
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 48
Default Re: OFFICAL SB REF VIDEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
1st issue - Hampton cannot move into the neutral zoneand remain there as the snap is in progress - he did - offsides
Well. to be technical it's encroachment. Offsides is when there is contact made with the offensive line. And he wasn't either

geran42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #12
TxsTed
Water Boy

Member Number: 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
1st issue - Hampton cannot move into the neutral zoneand remain there as the snap is in progress - he did - offsides!

2nd issue - Define immediate - Alexander went to the ground with the full weight of Porter on his shoulder pads - that, my friend, is a horse collar tackle.

NM
I agree that had Hampton been in the neutral zone, which by defination is between the front and back of the ball, when the ball was snapped, it would've been offsides.

Excuse the small photos, but it appears that Hampton was not in the neutral zone.

Horse Collar - If the NFL rule book stated that a player may not use their full weight on another's shoulder pads while making a tackle, you would be right. But the rules do noy say that. The rules state immediately. You bring up a good point that "immediately" can be interpreted different ways.

Here is Jerry Jones discussing the term "immediately" regarding the horse-collar rule:
Quote:
That was a problem Jones had with the rule ? the line between penalties and fines.

"It wasn't clear enough in my mind to officiate," Jones said. "They said there would be very few penalties, it would be more about fines. My thought then was just make it a fine."

At least one of Williams' horse collars in 2004 would not have been a penalty. The key word in the rule is "immediately."

"If you don't immediately jerk them down and they go a couple more yards, it's not a penalty," Jones said. "It's the initial grab. That looked vague enough to me that we should just address it as a fine.

"Obviously, I'm sensitive to this because I saw all of Roy's (horse-collar) tackles. There is a judgment factor ? how much time you hold on [to the jersey collar], the immediacy of it and where it can happen on the field. In the spur of the moment, with the impact it can have on a game, how do you make those kinds of decisions?
http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...2a80e9589.html

Porter did not immediately jerk Alexander down to the ground. It was a good no call.
TxsTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #13
GoStillersGo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1179

Great job on the video.

Last edited by GoStillersGo; 02-10-2006 at 06:29 AM.
GoStillersGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #14
TxsTed
Water Boy

Member Number: 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by geran42o
Well. to be technical it's encroachment. Offsides is when there is contact made with the offensive line. And he wasn't either
You actually got that backwards. Encroachments involves contact.
TxsTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #15
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

I'm not gonna comment on any of the calls, since it is now 6 days old, but good job with the video, i like it.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #16
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

How do I get to view a AVI file? It doesn't work on my computer.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
How do I get to view a AVI file? It doesn't work on my computer.

BuFu
http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/?hp3playdl.

This link is courtesy of the man with the videoskillz (cgesolo) and should help you view Avi files.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 PM   #18
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Haggans timed the snaps so well, it would have been impossible to call with the eye.

The rest looked legit to this unbiased eye.

Hasselback's low block was a bad call and a great tackle. I think at that point I even started wondering if the refs were going to come off as partial.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote