Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
polamalubeast
Starter

Member Number: 16032
Default As The Summer Approaches, The Pittsburgh Steelers Fall Under The Radar

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...burgh_Steelers

As The Summer Approaches, The Pittsburgh Steelers Fall Under The Radar
by Matt Miselis Written on May 23, 2010
Jared Wickerham/Getty Images As the summer of 2010 approaches, the Pittsburgh Steelers have fallen under the radar of the NFL.

Yes, you have heard me correctly. Most of the typical bandwagon fans have jumped off the Steelers after an unforgettable offseason.

Combine the suspension of Ben Roethlisberger and the trade of Santonio Holmes, many are predicting for the Steelers to hit rock bottom of the AFC North.

As I have mentioned before, I am not a big fan of making predictions this early in the season. Sure, you can have your idea of contenders, but with training camp and preseason still around the corner, injuries are bound to happen.

From what I have seen, here is how it has gone thus far. Steeler Nation has stayed optimistic, while the rest of the league and their fans( Steelers rivals perhaps) believes the Steelers' run is over.

However, I do disagree to a certain standpoint. Despite both the Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals becoming darkhorse contenders with the off seasons they had, Pittsburgh is at least a nine-win team after all the turmoil.

Whether or not the Steelers make the playoffs remains to be seen. Most doubt is a result of the suspension of Roethlisberger.

The first four games can determine the fate of the Steelers within the first month of the season.

Most believe Byron Leftwich will be the starting quarterback for that period of time, with Dennis Dixon right behind.

A 4-0 start doesn't look likely, but a 2-2 or 3-1 start can happen. The Baltimore Ravens seem to be the only team that can stand in the Steelers' way early in the year.

Also, many seem to forget about the defense that finished fifth in the league last year, and brings back Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith.

Look, I'm not a fan of the Steelers secondary at all (besides Polamalu). However, Troy makes a huge difference on the field, and we saw the affects when he wasn't on it most of the year due to injury.

The biggest player I look forward to watching though is Mike Wallace. Holmes came in the clutch time after time, and Wallace seems to have the talent to surpass Santonio.

With Hines Ward getting up in age, is Wallace ready to take on the load?

Overall, there should be some concern about the Steelers, but not to much.

With a defense returning healthy, Pittsburgh will have a chance to win their first four games of the year.

Add in the return of Ben Roethlisberger, and the Steelers will be in the heart of the AFC playoff race, whether people like it or not.
polamalubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: As The Summer Approaches, The Pittsburgh Steelers Fall Under The Radar

They also said we were finished after 2003 and 2006 too.

Pittsburgh tied with Baltimore and finished one game behind Cincy. But whatever.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119
Default Re: As The Summer Approaches, The Pittsburgh Steelers Fall Under The Radar

When they tell the Steelers that their done then look out cause they love to prove people wrong. Go Steelers!!!!
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Cinnjerm
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
They also said we were finished after 2003 and 2006 too.

Pittsburgh tied with Baltimore and finished one game behind Cincy. But whatever.
Yeah, it's funny how people forget not so discrete details like how they lost seven games, but all were decided by seven points or fewer (IE they were blown out by no one and had a "good" chance to win every game), or the fact that of those seven games five of them the Steelers were tied or had a lead going into the final quarter. You think they would remember that even in an ostensibly "off" season they somehow managed to have a top seven offense and a top five defense. *Shrugs*....When I hear people proclaiming that the Steelers will suck this year, it always comes out sounding more like wishful thinking to me. JM $.02.
Cinnjerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

This is just brutally bad writing. I try not to be a nit-picker but in addition to the apparent inability to string sentences into paragraphs or organize his thoughts, this is riddled with errors and nonsense. did he write this in installments on Twitter?

Pittsburgh Steelers have fallen under the radar of the NFL. - The NFL cannot detect the Steelers!

Most of the typical bandwagon fans have jumped off the Steelers after an unforgettable offseason. -- If it was UN forgettable, why jump off?

while the rest of the league and their fans( Steelers rivals perhaps) believes - verb tense

The first four games can determine the fate of the Steelers within the first month of the season. -- Oh is that when the first 4 games are?

we saw the affects when he wasn't on it most of the year due to injury. / ..but not to much -- Spelling
Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Actually, I'd rather the Steelers be under the radar and counted out.

They do better without the swollen heads.

Besides, Troy can win 6 games on his own.

I ain't askeered.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post
This is just brutally bad writing. I try not to be a nit-picker but in addition to the apparent inability to string sentences into paragraphs or organize his thoughts, this is riddled with errors and nonsense. did he write this in installments on Twitter?

Pittsburgh Steelers have fallen under the radar of the NFL. - The NFL cannot detect the Steelers!

Most of the typical bandwagon fans have jumped off the Steelers after an unforgettable offseason. -- If it was UN forgettable, why jump off?

while the rest of the league and their fans( Steelers rivals perhaps) believes - verb tense

The first four games can determine the fate of the Steelers within the first month of the season. -- Oh is that when the first 4 games are?

we saw the affects when he wasn't on it most of the year due to injury. / ..but not to much -- Spelling
Its just a steelers article on a steelers football board, not en english one....no need for the grammer, i mean grammar police
Old 05-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

It's just a guy on a blog blabbering away like us

...and training camp is still 3 months away.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
tyler289
Team Captain

Member Number: 9049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post

This is why bleacherreport shouldn't be allowed to be posted/quoted.
tyler289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushHard34 View Post
Its just a steelers article on a steelers football board, not en english one....no need for the grammer, i mean grammar police
The thing is, though, that this article isn't much different from what you'd read in a major or even a minor newspaper, because apparently they don't teach proofreading in English classes anymore.

That said, bleacherreport should be banned from this site.