Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default ASK THE STEELERS LARRY FOOTE

ASK THE STEELERS – LARRY FOOTE –

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Jerry Neal in Leawood, Kansas asks: What made you decide to re-sign with the Steelers?
Larry Foote: Coming close to the end of my career and what I experienced last year I wanted to be somewhere I am comfortable, a community I love and the possibility of winning another Super Bowl.

Jason Zell in Washington, DC asks: Has time away from the Steelers family made you appreciate the organization in a different way?
Larry Foote: Yes, absolutely. Just the way they run the business, just the environment, the spirit and the community.

SrA Christopher Kurtz, USAF at Warren AFB, Wyoming asks: What did you miss about playing for the Steelers?
Larry Foote: The locker room, the relationship I built through the years, and the camaraderie. All around I just missed the fun.

Carlos Arvizu in Toluca, Mexico asks: Were coach Mike Tomlin and Dick LeBeau factors for you to come back or was it simply a matter of personnel staff and your agentagreeing to a contract?
Larry Foote: They were part of it because they made that experience comfortable for me. Plus with the contract it was a no-brainer for me to come back.

M.R. Lowery in Florida ask: What is it like to be coached by Dick LeBeau?
Larry Foote: It’s an honor. It gives you a lot of confidence because you know he is the best who ever did it. He is going to put you in the best situation. There isn’t another one if n the league better than him.

Chris Miller in DuBois, Pennsylvania asks: Why do you think Pittsburgh has been so successful defensively over the years?
Larry Foote: It’s the mindset from what the Steel Curtain set in the 70s. Defense comes first. We are going to play defense no matter what and hold teams down. It starts at the top with Mr. Rooney all the way down.

Andy Peterson in Pennsylvania asks: How did the coaching styles between Detroit and Pittsburgh differ?
Larry Foote: Pittsburgh had a lot more experience than Detroit so they haven’t caught up to their level yet.

Ryan Patterson in Fort Lauderdale, Florida asks: From the comments players have made, it sounds like the Steelers are a close-knit bunch. Do you feel like you're coming home?
Larry Foote: Oh yeah, absolutely. It hasn’t been a year yet but it feels like 10 years since I have been gone. I feel right at home. This is definitely my home.

Toni Morrow asks: How did the Detroit locker room compare to the Steelers locker room?
Larry Foote: The Detroit locker room was an awkward situation. They brought in so many new people. They were in a rebuilding stage. They had guys coming from a lot of different places. They didn’t have that tightness and unity that you have with the core of guys who have been there for years. You can’t compare it to Pittsburgh.

George Terek in York, Pennsylvania asks: How does the Steelers defense intend to improve this season?
Larry Foote: From number five last year to number one. There wasn’t much of a drop off last year. We just have to close games out. We let some slip through our fingers last years. This year we are going to shut the door on them.

Linda Loritts in Conover, North Carolina asks: What will you bring to this year’s team?
Larry Foote: Quality of play, professionalism and leadership. A guy who has be there, done it and ready to do it again.

S. Everett in Hackensack, New Jersey asks: Was it hard leaving the Steelers after winning a Super Bowl with the team?
Larry Foote: It was tough when I started going through the fire. Just being somewhere new and seeing it, it started being tough. When I first left I was thinking about myself, my personal game and stuff I wanted to accomplish. Once I realized it’s not about your goals, it’s about winning and being where you are comfortable, during the course of the season it started to be tough on me.

Danny King asks: Was it tough to play in Detroit and lose after being used to winning in Pittsburgh?
Larry Foote: It was rough. Every since I was a little kid I have been breaking Nintendo games, crying when I lose at little league games because I always want to win. You have to go through a losing environment to know how tough it is. I didn’t want to be in that long.

Jason T. Rompola in Ardmore, Pennsylvania asks: Did you always dream of playing for the Lions growing up in Detroit and what was it like playing for his hometown team?
Larry Foote: I always thought it would be great to play in front of my friends and family. It was a great experience. I made a lot of connections. It was cool. My friends and family saw me play. I haven’t seen Detroit in the fall in a long time. It was good.

Randy Fone in Nampa, Idaho asks: How do the rookies look? Is there anyone that you see making an immediate contribution to the team?
Larry Foote: Our draft picks are going to get a shot. You don’t know until you put the pads on. Kevin Colbert and those guys do a good job bringing quality players in so I know they are going to be good.

Tony Paul in Arizona asks: Did you keep in touch with your former teammates last year while you were playing with the Lions and what was that like?
Larry Foote: It was fun. I would call them and heckle them. They are on television a lot in prime time. I would call. I am like a fan. I would call and say what is going on, what’s wrong, I am just checking in.

C.C. Berg in Wadsworth, Ohio asks: What sound does an opposing player make when you get a great hit on them?
Larry Foote: It can be an awww or an oooh. It’s a painful sound.

Jesse Stams asks: What is it like to be a part of the great linebacker tradition that Pittsburgh has had?
Larry Foote: It’s an honor to be called a linebacker for the Steelers. You know the guys in the 70s with (Jack) Lambert, (Jack) Ham and (Andy) Russell. It’s a pride thing. You know you are representing some of the best linebackers the league has ever seen.

Darnell Harrison in Lakewood, California asks: When you get your first sack or big play in Heinz Field will you do your foot stomp celebration?
Larry Foote: I am looking forward to that no question. I am looking forward to running out on Heinz Field from the tunnel and seeing all of those towels. Last year when I was playing against the Steelers and saw all those towels in Forbes Field it gave me chills.

Scott Fetrowasks: When going through your pregame warm ups how do you mentally prepare yourself for the task at hand?
Larry Foote: Just going over the playbook, the new plays and lays I might have struggled on during the week and make sure mentally I am sharp.

Dale Munn in New York asks: What kind of advice can you give to the Steelers rookies?
Larry Foote: On the field have a short memory, keep working. Off the field I would tell them save your money.

Morgan Miller from Bridgeport, West Virginia asks: Do you have any of the any game day rituals?
Larry Foote: Not really. I don’t believe in superstitions. Game day is going to be what it’s going to be.

Feras Zahid in Clemson, South Carolina asks: What are your favorite toppings on a pizza?
Larry Foote: Bacon, pepperoni, banana peppers and sometimes I do pineapple.
http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-65f2056ee667
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS LARRY FOOTE

Glad to have you back Larry!
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS – LARRY FOOTE

Pottsie's in da house!!!!.........
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Cannot wait to see everybody "kick it" after a sack.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post

Umm....Farrior is Pottsie.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
I wonder if Farrior knows that Foote is in his house.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

can't wait for Foote to do his "stomp" again in Heinz Field
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

As long as slow of Foote is just a backup and is going to be used only in dire emergency, I welcome him back. I was glad to see him gone and not so happy to see a roster space wasted on bringing him back. He is just not fast enough to handle fast RBs making it past the first level. Without Polomolu behind him he is useless.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is online now   Reply With Quote