Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 05-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default ASK THE STEELERS Ė BRYANT MCFADDEN

ASK THE STEELERS Ė BRYANT MCFADDEN

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Jeff Brewer asks: What was your first reaction when you found out you were traded to the Steelers?
Bryant McFadden : I was shocked. I didnít expect it. I was very surprised and shocked. The first thing that came to my mind was ĎWow.í

Steve Myers in Miami, Florida asks: Was there any disappointed in being traded away from Arizona or was it more about the excitement of knowing how much the Steelers wanted you?
Bryant McFadden: It was more excitement. Just knowing that somebody really, really wants you feels good. I was there and it didnít work out that I stayed there. Being a year removed from Pittsburgh and there was a sense that they wanted me back - that was the most joyful part of the situation.

Steve Burns asks: How much does it help to come to a team you are already familiar with as far as the playbook and your teammates?
Bryant McFadden: It helps a lot. If I had to make a decision to be traded to a new team, Pittsburgh would be my number one option. Being there my first four years with the coaches and players and chemistry we had as a unit and the success is something any NFL player would want to be a part of.

JJ Myers in Miami, Florida asks: What makes the Steelers organization special?
Bryant McFadden: Itís the people and the fans. Itís the players and the coaches who have come through here and put up outstanding numbers. You bring all of that with the players who are here now, the two Super Bowls we played in, the excitement, the history all goes into it. Then you have some of the most loyal fans and that makes it special.

S. Everett in Hackensack, New Jersey asks: Was it hard leaving the Steelers after winning a Super Bowl with the team?
Bryant McFadden: No question. It was very hard. I won two Super Bowls in four years. I wanted to be a part of something special and hopefully repeat. It didnít work out, but everything happens for a reason and a year later I am back again.

James Little asks: What type of reaction did you get from your teammates upon returning to the Steelers?
Bryant McFadden: It was like a big reunion. Everybody was happy to see me back in a familiar place. They were wishing me luck and congratulating me.

Scott Fatta in Kittanning, Pennsylvania asks: What are the differences between Arizona and Pittsburgh's defense and which do you prefer to play and why?
Bryant McFadden: The difference is you have a legendary defensive coordinator in Dick LeBeau, a guy who has had success in his whole career. His defense puts players in situations that allow them to be successful. The question about which would I rather play is easy because the numbers speak for themselves. You really canít ever remember a Pittsburgh defense not being in the top part of the league. I would much rather be part of the LeBeau defense.

Chris James asks: What is the strong point of your game?
Bryant McFadden : Being physical and consistent. That is what I work hard for, trying to be consistent and physical at the point of attack. Just because I play cornerback doesnít mean I donít like to stick my face in the fan a little bit and get dirty. I put that together to be a dependable, accountable corner.

Sherri Lovelace-Cameron in Youngstown, Ohio asks: Do you consider yourself a shut down corner?
Bryant McFadden: I consider myself to be a consistent corner. Itís hard these days to define what a shutdown corner is because the rules of the game are different. The favor goes to the offensive guy. You canít touch after five yards, things like that, so itís hard to define. If I had to put a label on myself it would be consistent.

Peter Eck in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania asks: For many years the Steelers have had one of the topped ranked defenses in the league every season. What do you think it is about our organization that makes this happen?
Bryant McFadden: Coach LeBeau and what he brings to the table and the rest of the defensive coaching staff. Those guys have a great understanding of what we need to do to be successful. The final piece is the players. You bring in guys that want to compete, be successful and are hungry. You put them in the mix of things and you have the chance to be successful.

Brandon McCliment in Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania asks: What was it like in the Cardinals locker room when you joined the team last year, considering you had been part of the Steelers team that had beat them a couple of months before?
Bryant McFadden: I took a lot for that. Everybody was saying we shouldnít have won, they were a better team and we stole their ring. My first couple of weeks there it wasnít about getting congratulations, it was more about we shouldnít have beat them, things like that.

From Ed White in Michigan: What does Troy Polamalu mean to the Steelers defense?
Bryant McFadden: He means a lot. He is one of the best safeties in the game. When he is out there he brings a lot to the table. You have to be accountable and know where he is. When he is not out there itís a big minus. He is an exceptional player and athlete. He is one of the best guys at his position.

M.R. Lowery in Florida ask: What is it like to be coached by Dick LeBeau?
Bryant McFadden: Itís liked being coached by one of the wisest guys to put a helmet and shoulder pads on. He is a guy that played in our shoes, had success in this league and well-deserved is going into the Hall of Fame. Whenever he speaks you know you are going to get something positive out of it.

Christina DiGuilio in Indianapolis, Indiana asks: What does playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers mean to you?
Bryant McFadden: It means a lot. It means playing for a historic organization. Putting on the same helmets and pads numerous Hall of Famers have worn. Itís the tradition you are expected to keep up. There is not one person you see around Pittsburgh that doesnít wear a Steelers jersey. I have even seen people wearing them out in Arizona. That says a lot.

Thurman Thompson in Bayonne, New Jersey asks: Areyou going to play with the same excitement this year that you played with back in Pittsburgh in the past?
Bryant McFadden : I have no other choice. I need to pick it up a notch being away a year. I need to come back with a bit more spunk.

Jerry B. in Sarasota, Florida asks: What is better Ė an interception or a bone-jarring hit to break up a pass?
Bryant McFadden: If you would have asked me that a couple of years ago I would have said a hit but now it changed because I got older. An interception would be and being able to return it for a touchdown makes it even that much sweeter.

Zach from Titusville, Pennsylvania asks: Now that you are back, do you think you have a good chance of being a starter again?
Bryant McFadden: That has always been my goal since day one getting drafted. Itís been my goal since I got drafted and that is not going to change.

Kevin Flaherty in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania asks: How does the playoff atmosphere feel in Pittsburgh?
Bryant McFadden: Nothing compares to it. The only thing that takes it a notch higher is the Super Bowl. You know wherever you play it doesnít matter. You have that mentality that you can go out and compete because the excitement is incomparable.

Mathew DiGuilio in Indianapolis, Indiana asks: How do prepare yourself for game day? Do you get nervous before a game?
Bryant McFadden: Not nervous, but anxious. You get anxious to see if things are going to work out in your favor. You get fired up to do everything you can to get fired up to get that mentality to go to war. If you ever watched Spartacus when the gladiators are fighting, they make sure they do everything to be on their Pís and Qís. Itís like that on game day.

Lisa Burton asks: Did you keep in touch with your Steelers teammates while you were playing for Arizona?
Bryant McFadden: Absolutely. A lot of teams donít have that unity, chemistry and friendships that have been established. Even though I wasnít there in Pittsburgh playing, I made sure I came in contact and vice versa, just seeing what was going on and keeping up with everything.

Dale Munn in New York asks: What kind of advice can you give to the Steelers rookies?
Bryant McFadden: Enjoy the ride and learn from the veterans at each position. Follow them, take it in stride and be coachable and humble.

Feras Zahid in Clemson, South Carolina asks: What are your favorite toppings on a pizza?
Bryant McFadden: Sausage and pepperoni.
http://www.steelers.com/news/article...6-70c7537cf901
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: ASK THE STEELERS Ė BRYANT MCFADDEN

Thrilled that you are back BMAC. I'm sure you know that the better team did win.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote