Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-16-2006, 05:16 AM   #11
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230
Default Re: A South Carolinian's take on Sunday's Super Bowl Madness

I want to move to Charleston, SC!
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #12
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
My wife is from Colombia (South America) and she couldn't care less about NFL football. No matter. We have a little rule - leave me alone when the Steelers are playing. Works well for both of us.

Lmao im colombian too and all i tell my family that dont understand football: Steelers good , everybody else bad. They still cant understand what a first down is though.
The good thing though is that my mother is understanding the game more now as i play it and i teach her the rules but tends to get confused with penalties and stuff.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #13
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1576

Superbowl maddness at my house.

Wy wife, kids and I moved from the South Hills of Pittsburgh to Michigan, about 70 miles west of Detroit back in 2003. Boy was that an awakening! I have never lived outside Steelers Country, and for the first year or so, I was perplexed that there were people in this country that could care less about the Steelers. I still get a fleeting sense of excitement when I'm in public and spot someone wearing a hat, shirt or jacked with gold lettering, only to get dissapointed when I realize that instead of Steelers, these are U of Michigan fans.

Anyhow, after the Chicago game, my father-in-law (the biggest Steeler fan that I know) called me and made his prediction that the Steelers will be playing in Detroit this year, and that he is comming to our house to watch the game. While I am optimistic every season, I still thought that his prediction was a little off the wall, to say the least. After the wildcard game, I got a feeling about the Steelers that I never had before. I remember talking to my former boss in Pgh, and him saying that back in the 70's they never worried about playoff games becasue they just "knew" that the Steelers were going to win. That's the feeling I had. I felt so different than in any of the post season showings under Bill Cowher.

So true to his promise, my inlaws were at our doorstep on the Friday before the game. They brought about $100 of local Pgh specialty food and about the same in ACF Championship merchandise. It felt like Christmas!! On Saturday, we packed up the whole family, kids (2 and 4) and all, and headed to Ford Field. Man, that trip was worth it just for the mere fact of running into other Steeler fans. Steeler fans were passing each other in the streets, high-fiving each other. Cars were driving by with terrible towls waving, cheering.. It was a scene you would expect to see on the North Side after a Steelers home victory.

SuperBowl Sunday. I awoke that day thinking, man, this is it. Before this day is over, we will either be the champions of the world, or very disapointed. Even though both me and my father-in-law agreed not to watch any of the pre-game crap, we couldn't resist the urge, and pretty soon we were staring into the TV like deer into headlights. I had a butterflies in my stomach and a sense of restlessness. My father-in-law was at the dining room table putting together a 400 piece lego firetruck with my son. At first I thought it was funny, but shortly thereafter I was sitting at the table helping out. It was a great distraction while it lasted.

Two hours before kickoff, I took my Iron City and went downstairs in the gameroom with the 50" HD set. Sat in my chair and didn't move until halftime. I didn't eat any of the goodies prepared by the ladies until well into the post-game show. I had to leave the room for 15 minutes at the end of the third quarter to clear my mind.

The Seahawks last drive brought us all to our feet. With 3 seconds left in regulation, we started celebrating. I went upstairs again, got a pot and metal ladle, and went ouside into the yard. The subdivision was silent. Not a sound. I paused for about two seconds, then screamed at the top of my lungs while beating the bejesus out of the pot! Later I noticed that I had actually dented the pot (thick stainless steel bottom).

We're going to Pittsburgh !! We're going to Pittsburgh !! We're going to Pittsburgh !!

We're going to watch the parade!! On Monday afternoon, we packed up the truck and headed back to the Burg via Ohio. The truck was decked out in black and gold. We saw hundreds of cars on the turnpike heading back to the burg. We had lunch at an Ohio rest stop just outside of Cleveland. It was swarmed with black and gold. One guy with jersy with "BUBBA" on the back had a life-like replica of the Lombardi trophy that he was parading though the building. At one point he held it up high and said "This is for all you Ohioans that don't know what one of these looks like". People were cheering, terrible towles were waving.

The parade was phenomenal ! It was great to be in the Burg with hundreds of thousands Steeler fans.