Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #31
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Forget Edge...Think Rookie and not someones EX-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Lets say LenDale is still on the board at 21 - the Patriots pick.

What sort of deal would you offer to swap 1st rounders?

NM
I'd move up further and try to find an NFC team somewhere around 9-11. No way would I trade with the Pats.

I'd use this years and next years 1st.

I'm worried he may go to Baltimore. Carson Palmer and LenDale in the same division would truly make me sick to my stomach.

Last edited by Haiku_Dirtt; 02-10-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,086 Times in 2,377 Posts
Default Re: What About Edge?

FYI is a link to a CBS.sportsline column on FAs by position. Chris Hope probably is gone but he may be facing (at a lower pay grade) the same problem Edge faces with a lot of FA talent at his position. On the other hand, WR FAs are not that plentiful,which only increases Randle-El's prospects.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9219698

Steelers know they have 2 franchise players coming up for renegotiation (Troy has 2 years to go & Ben may presumably do a Carson Palmer deal and sign up to be a Steeler for life well before his 6 year contract is up) and need to allocate necessary resources accordingly.

My hope is they can re-sign Verron Haynes for a reasonable price, in which case Duce goes and they draft a RB in 1 of the first 3 rounds.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #33
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
FYI is a link to a CBS.sportsline column on FAs by position. Chris Hope probably is gone but he may be facing (at a lower pay grade) the same problem Edge faces with a lot of FA talent at his position. On the other hand, WR FAs are not that plentiful,which only increases Randle-El's prospects.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9219698

Steelers know they have 2 franchise players coming up for renegotiation (Troy has 2 years to go & Ben may presumably do a Carson Palmer deal and sign up to be a Steeler for life well before his 6 year contract is up) and need to allocate necessary resources accordingly.

My hope is they can re-sign Verron Haynes for a reasonable price, in which case Duce goes and they draft a RB in 1 of the first 3 rounds.
Isn't Dueces $$ against the cap whether he's here or not?
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #34
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99
OK, I agreed with everything you said until you called Morey a stud. IMO, he sucks. Signing Clint is a definite.
Morey's a great special teams player!
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #35
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

We're fine at RB and dont need to make any big moves, the biggest question mark being if Duce can come back and be reliable and effective like he was the first half of last season.

The Steelers will not make any huge moves this offseason because (a) they dont have the money (b) dont need to. Please, no more talk about Edge or Lendale White, neither are remotely realistic options. I'm interested to see who the Steelers get to add depth at the backfield, but I wouldnt bet on them taking a RB in the first two rounds. Although, they could have somebody ranked really high on their board who falls, crazier things have happened.

But as someone said earlier, we got some guy's contracts coming up evenutally, and making Troy and Ben Steelers for life is essential. I think Willie will prove to be a keeper and we will evetually give him the money he will deserve.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #36
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

What are everyone's thoughts on Priest Holmes? What exactly is his situation in KC like at this point? I'm not necessarily suggesting this as a serious consideration, but at his best, when healthy, and the key word being when in this sentence, he was a great running back in this league. I know that Larry Johnson has been all but named the starter for that team, so where exactly does that leave Priest. And further more, what is the latest on the status of his health?
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL

Last edited by Need4spd; 02-10-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #37
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I don't know, but it's an interesting question. Last I heard it was being recomended that he hang up the cleats...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote