Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #11
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Who is our biggest rival now?

..... in my opinion, you need 2 things to have a SERIOUS rivalry:
unadultered hatred, and familiarity.

Pittsburgh and New England have played a few times receently, but despite the Stiller NATION hating the Pats, the players don't seem THAT upset with each other, and playing them each season isn't guaranteed:
the Bungles, on-the-other-hand, think the Stillers 'took-out' Carson Palmer on cheap-shot, and will be trying to extract revenge twice a season, and they, too, like the Stillers, seem to be a team 'on-the-rise' .....

Throw-in primo trash-talkers on BOTH sides (Porter and Gowl-Toof ), stir with vocal crowds in cold-weather stadiums, add AFC North bragging-rights, and we can expect to-see twice-a-year blood-lettings just 300 miles apart, and a 3rd if they meet-up in the playovs.....
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Bengals like to talk talk talk talk. its easily them now
Old 02-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #13
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps

Pittsburgh and New England have played a few times receently, but despite the Stiller NATION hating the Pats, the players don't seem THAT upset with each other, and playing them each season isn't guaranteed:
the Bungles, on-the-other-hand, think the Stillers 'took-out' Carson Palmer on cheap-shot, and will be trying to extract revenge twice a season, and they, too, like the Stillers, seem to be a team 'on-the-rise' .....

Throw-in primo trash-talkers on BOTH sides (Porter and Gowl-Toof ), stir with vocal crowds in cold-weather stadiums, add AFC North bragging-rights, and we can expect to-see twice-a-year blood-lettings just 300 miles apart, and a 3rd if they meet-up in the playovs.....
I like the reference to Chad Johnson...

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #14
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

Browns just flat out do not make the list until they can compete again. I say the Patriots, then Ravens, then Bengals. However the Bengals are gaining fast..

However we don't play the Patriots this year so,it looks like we'll meet in the playoffs hopefully.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628

Aren't the bungles kinda like your kid brother who finally won a game against you and hasn't shut up yet?

The Ravens are like the guy you fight every time you go to that one bar on the weekends...

Don't get me wrong, I hate them both and plan on tormenting both of their fans when they come here next season.

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #16
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

No mention of the Colts. Because we only play them once a year? They will be a contender for a while. That Monday Night game made me really dislike them.

I can't really come up with a really heated rivalry because there is no long term history of competitiveness with any team that's currently competitive.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #17
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:

Third thing is competitiveness.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #18
FisherMOM
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 982

Quote:
Gowl-Toof
HA HA HA!

And Yes... most definately, there will ALWAYS be a RATBIRD'S rivalry!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Im saying that the Bengals take over as our "rival", we took them out of the playoff and injured their star quarterback........Think about how it would be if someone hurt Ben
We would be out for blood.......Its gotta be the bengals.
The Ravens and Browns dont have the talent they once had......
The Patriots are a close second. but i believe both teams respect each other too much.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,950 Times in 3,010 Posts

the bengals will have to prove they can win a playoff game before i consider them serious rivals as far as reaching the sb is concerned but they and the ravens must be our primary focus as far as winning the division and entering the playoffs (we almost missed the playoffs this year). as far as contending for a sb, no team, other than the patriots, has been to the afc champ. game as many times in the new millenium as the steelers, and no other team besides us and them has won the sb. they are definitely todays version of the raiders as far as the rivalries the steelers had in the 70's

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-08-2006 at 11:20 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote