Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #21
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Who is our biggest rival now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler
Third thing is competitiveness.
I stand-corrected:

I just 'assumed' everybody would recognize that fact.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #22
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Obviously Cinci is our biggest rival right now.... Finally a competetive team in the AFC North ;)

But after this year, I don't know about anyone else, but me personally, I really began to hate the Colts. If we meet these guys again in the playoffs, it will be the birth of a new rivalry.

And lastly, the Patriots... I just flat out hate them, they've been our road block to the Superbowl too many times.

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #23
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

The Ravens will just be annoying until they get a new starting QB. I think the Bengals are definately more of a rivalry now, because we're gonna be fighting for the AFC North for at least the next 5 years if Carson comes back full speed. Plus, the fact that we're so close together, and the Bengals think we stole their season and we've been killing them since forever... It's just been brewing, and now they've got the talent to fight back...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #24
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

I hate everyone in our division equally. I want to beat their ass twice a year.... then I'll be happy.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Its a toss up between the bengals and ratbirds.. I give the edge to the ratbirds becuz I hate them so much and always will..

but from a competitive standpoint, the bengals would be my choice.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #26
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
..... as far as contending for a sb, no team other than the patriots has been to the afc champ. game than the patriots in the new millenium and no other team besides us and them has won the sb. they are definitely todays version of the raiders as far as the rivalries the steelers had in the 70's
I don't (myself ) see the current Stillers versus Pats anything-like the Stillers/Raiders of the '70s:
those 2 teams HATED each other, being total opposites, from ownership to coaches, and the players HATED each-other (as told to me by Ray Mansfield himself in that era ).

The 2 teams opened the '72 season at 3 Rivers, with the Stillers winning, and everyone knows what happened on 23 December 1972:

in '73, they played at Oakland in the regular-season, with the Stillers claiming the center of the field had been watered-down (to halt the Steeler's meat-grinder ground-game ), that Raiders OL had 'smeared' themselves with Vaseline, and the Stillers had been supplied under-inflated footballs for place-kicks that day, even-though the Stillers won, but lost there in Round #1 of the '73 playovs:

the Raiders shut-out Pittsburgh IN Pittsburgh early in '74, setting the stage for the Stiller's first victorious Championship Game IN Oakland in December '74:

the Stillers beat Oakland again for the AFC Championship in '75, this time with the Raiders claiming the Stillers had left the sidelines of 3 Rivers uncovered-and-frozen (to stop their side-line passing-attack ) the night before:

both teams again opened a season together, in Oakland on 12 Sept '76, with Oakland staging a furious comeback to win 31-28 late in the game.....
this was the famous "CRIMINAL-ELEMENT" game, with several fights breaking-out during the game, and George Atkinson 'punching' Lynn Swann in the back of the head during a running play, away-from-the-ball, and that ended-up with Noll in-court.....
Oakland beat the Stillers that year for the AFC Championship when Harris and Bleier were unable to play.....

and Oakland beat the Stillers again in early '77, but the rivalry died-out soon after that game, as the Raiders got-old, and 'Pinky' retired to the broadcast booth.

I can't imagine the Stillers or Patriots organizations stooping to those depths, nor playing almost twice-a-year:
in this day-and-age, free-agency and the salary-cap are the biggest reasons rivalries, as we once knew them, no-longer exist.

Just my $.02-worth.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:54 AM   #27
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

It's pretty close between The Ravens and Cincy, but I'm going with the Ravens. The Bengals are just annoying whiners. It's flat out hate for the Ravens and their fans.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #28
OldschoolSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1453

I'm thinking it's the Bungles now......after the year that they had, they'll probably build on that and keep it coming....if Palmer recovers, that is....but the Ravens will always be a close second unless the Browns decide to start playing at a higher level.
GO STEELERS......GO TONY STEWART #20 HOME DEPOT TEAM

*Everyone has the right to be stupid; some people just abuse the privilege.*
OldschoolSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Top Five Pittsburgh Steeler Rivals in my opinion:

Bengals first - They are actually competitive. This season I also started to really dislike their fans and organization as a whole. Normally their fans stayed home and let us use their stadium as a second home, now they are on the wagon. Lewis complaining after the game. Chad Johnson unable to keep his mouth shut. The mocking of the TT. Frauds.

Ravens second - As of last year I heard on more than one occasion a Steeler player come out and state that they feel that the Ravens are they're biggest rival. Plus, they are thug-convicts. All noise, no action.

Browns third - They are the Browns. They are in Cleveland. An hour and half drive. Enough said.

Pariots fourth - Past playoff matchups. Cooled down since Super Bowl win (for me at least).

Colts fifth - Regular season matchups and playoff matchups. I really have nothing against the players or coaching staff. I actually respect Dungy a great deal.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #30
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 584

Ravens first - Just becauase I believe there is an actual hatred ammungst the payers when we step on the field aginst them

Bengals second - They are competitive. This season I also started to really dislike their organization as a whole. Lewis complaining after the game. Chad Johnson unable to keep his mouth shut. TJ reallyu pi$$ed me off with the shoe thing he did with our beloved towl.

Browns third - They are the Browns. It's the oldest rivalry in pro football

Pariots fourth - Just because we owe them some a$$ whoopins for all the playoff pain they have caused us in the past.

That said look out yall there's a new sheriff in town and they wear BLACK & GOLD