Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #41
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Who is our biggest rival now?

Personally for me,I really hate the Browns and thier fans because I live in Cleveland.All I have heard my whole life is that I am a bandwagon fan,even back in the Korkie years that's all I heard.When I moved to the west side of Cleveland where nobody knew me I heard bandwagoner a whole lot more,and I still do (especially with the Super Bowl win).Maybe when I finally get my Steelers tattoo,it will shut these idiots up.

I also hate the Ravens,just because of the disrespect they have shown the Steelers in the past,and the fact that the team is made up of a bunch on convicts and thier fans act like convicts.

The Bengals are up-and-coming because we finally have a competitor in the AFCN,and they think we purposley took out Palmer when we beat thier ass in the playoffs.TJ Fagman hates us,Chad hates us,Marvin hates us,I am sure Paler now hates us,and the fans now hate each other.I used to have sympathy for them,now I wish nothing on them but heartbreaking losses to us.

I hate Dallas and Oakland,even though I wasn't alive for the 70's rivalries with them,my Grandpa has told me all about them,and I have watched shows about them.

I think we as fans hate the Patriots,but the players don't hate each other...yet.A few beating of the Patriots in the playoffs and that may change.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #42
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Personally for me,I really hate the Browns and thier fans because I live in Cleveland.All I have heard my whole life is that I am a bandwagon fan,even back in the Korkie years that's all I heard.When I moved to the west side of Cleveland where nobody knew me I heard bandwagoner a whole lot more,and I still do (especially with the Super Bowl win).Maybe when I finally get my Steelers tattoo,it will shut these idiots up.

I also hate the Ravens,just because of the disrespect they have shown the Steelers in the past,and the fact that the team is made up of a bunch on convicts and thier fans act like convicts.

The Bengals are up-and-coming because we finally have a competitor in the AFCN,and they think we purposley took out Palmer when we beat thier ass in the playoffs.TJ Fagman hates us,Chad hates us,Marvin hates us,I am sure Paler now hates us,and the fans now hate each other.I used to have sympathy for them,now I wish nothing on them but heartbreaking losses to us.

I hate Dallas and Oakland,even though I wasn't alive for the 70's rivalries with them,my Grandpa has told me all about them,and I have watched shows about them.

I think we as fans hate the Patriots,but the players don't hate each other...yet.A few beating of the Patriots in the playoffs and that may change.
I live 50 miles south of Cleveland. I hate the Browns fans too. They (painting with a broad brush, here) are some of the most bandwagon fans I have ever seen. They win one game and they think that they are all that and on the way to the SB! When they lose, which is often (feel free to say what you need to about my team) they won't wear their colors or even talk about the game. They are a pathetic lot.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #43
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
I live 50 miles south of Cleveland. I hate the Browns fans too. They (painting with a broad brush, here) are some of the most bandwagon fans I have ever seen. They win one game and they think that they are all that and on the way to the SB! When they lose, which is often (feel free to say what you need to about my team) they won't wear their colors or even talk about the game. They are a pathetic lot.
Around the end of the 2004,a news channel purchased two "dawg pound" tickets and posted them on a lamp post in downtown,and nobody ever took them.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #44
mdhus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1695

I would have to say cincinnati, baltimore and New England is our biggest rivals.

siko

JAM Computers
mdhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #45
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

The patsies have our number every time. I'd say in MY opinion, we have a bone to pick with them. However, I REALLY dislike the bungles and their fans, and i'm sure the players don't really like each other either. There was WAY too much smack talking for them not to be looking forward to each and every single game.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #46
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

Bengals and Patriots
Old 02-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #47
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

I haven't read any previous posts, so I may be saying something that's already been discussed, but I think the biggest rivalry -- at least in terms of hatred between players -- is found with the Ravens. Neither team can stand each other.

If the standard is a team that Pittsburgh locks up with in the playoffs, then the answer IMO is the Pats, though it wasn't really all that great of a rivalry because NE was the team with the titles and Pittsburgh was the little brother who got beat up.

The Cowboys will always be one of the most hated of rivals in fans' eyes but since the teams meet so infrequently, the players may not have as deep of feelings as us schmoes in the stands or on our couches.

Cleveland may be close in proximity but the team is so terrible, so often that it's tough to call it a rivalry. Especially after a 41-0 throttling this season.

Tell ya what, though, the rivalry that's budding with a resurgent Bengals team is one which could decide the balance of power in the North for seasons to come.

It used to be the Raiders in the seventies and the early-nineties gave us great games against the Jags and that jerk Tom Coughlin. Man, I hated that team.

Since I've almost every team in the league as potential rivals for our guys, I'll give you my choice of a team that I just hate: Baltimore. For some reason those jobbers always seem to give the Steelers a tough time.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #48
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Let me start by saying" The brownies are worthy" Although their fans always are trying to make something out of nothing, I guess it because midway through Oct. thier playoff run is over annually. I live among the stains fans, and they truly believe that beating the Steelers, is as good as a Super Bowl victory. But if you`ve never ben to the dance, then what ever works!

Our second biggest rival is probably Cinci now. There is alot of bad blood between the two now, and who better than your toughest competition, to be your rival.
The pats would be a close third, but no gaurantees that we will play them ach season.

Our biggest rivals are....

Ourselves and our salary cap.

We played a sub par game offensively against the Seahawks, and we still won a Super Bowl ring. I truly beleive we will continue to get better, ben is getting better, Willie parker was in his first year as a starter, Troy and co. are young and learning. We knocked off the three best teams in the NFL, Den,Indy,Cin on our way to the big dance. This team is just on the verge of peaking, we need to keep the core of this team together, and grow and add that right pieces as we go.
The salary cap is king right now, we have alot of big names up for $$$$, we will probably be pretty bummed as we learn of some of them leaving, but we should trust in Cowher to make the right descions again.

The Drive for Number 6, is under way!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #49
autogyroenthusiast
Water Boy

Member Number: 1332

Before this season, the Ravens.

Bengals are closing in. Hope Palmer gets better cause I wanna see him and Ben battle it out 2x/year for the next decade. Palmer got off easy leaving the playoff game that early

Hate the Browns but jeez, they are to pathetic to get excited about right now.
autogyroenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #50
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,207 Times in 3,233 Posts

In terms of a team you see two times a year and need to beat to make the playoffs, it is the Bengals, especially since there is definite bad blood (Steelers = black & white TV; Carson Palmer's knee blown out by Kimo; Who Dey? - We Dey!).

Patriots are a team you annually need to attempt to get through in the playoffs, but until their fans believe we are as good as they are (lots of talk continues this week that they would have won it all again but for bad plays in Denver) I do not see us playing often or well enough yet to make it a mutual rivalry. In the all-time blood fued, Steelers-Raiders played 4 regular season games and 5 playoff games from 1972-1976.

Ravens are now in the dustbin of history and Browns are not yet any good. Thank God Billick can no longer gloat about being the only NFC North coach with a SB win.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote