Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #51
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628
Default Re: Who is our biggest rival now?

Reading all this is getting me firrrred up for Ravens and Bengal blood...I'm starting to think they are on almost equal footing...nevertheless, i'm looking 4ward to kicking both of their a$$es next season. The road trips to Hoopieville up north, Cincitucky, and Crime Riddled Baltimore should be fun this year!

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #52
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Rivalries don't change...we have a long one with the Browns, and they, as poor as they may be, are ours.

We have some new one's emerging though. Pats for sure as a new one...Rats are just hated, as are the Bungals...neither have done enough to warrant real concern.

I'd say Browns as long-term rivals and Pats as short-term. It's important that the Steelers beat the Pats in a playoff game sometime in the next few years, provided the Pats can crawl their way into the again. Brady needs to be beat down by the Steelers a few times...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #53
burgh123
Water Boy

Member Number: 1856

Patriots first indy second and bengals third remember this was supposed to be there big year indy and the patriots were supposed to get there third victory the bengals were just supposed to beat us period and we werent going any farther than on post seasong game win.
burgh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:18 AM   #54
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Personally, I don't care who you are, where you come from, and who you have on your team, you play my Steelers and for 3 hours on that day I will HATE you. I don't care if you wear red, silver, or green da BLACK N GOLD gonna make you black and blue til you bleed red. Bring it on bengals. Bring it on ravens. Bring it on colts. Bring it on patriots. Wherever you from our steel built your city and now da Steelers are comin to tear you down!

"We bout to get that one for da thumb city of champs and, next year we start on da other hand." -GODsun TMC

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:22 AM   #55
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Meet the new Boss...same as the old Boss!!

F..K chad. Oh! By the way. Did I say f..k johnson? Let me reiterate. F..K chad johnson. (Yes lower case)

The last I recall his pregame preparations before the game at Heinz Field included something about a towel and an iron. Heh. Get it. Towel! Iron!

If I had a four year old daughter, then it would have been beyond darling (after teaching her about the value of 'allowance').

But if he thought his vision of scoring a touchdown and then breaking out a Terrible Towel with the misconception that demonstrating his housekeeping skills would inflict maximum pain in Pittsburgh, then I guess he forgot what division he is playing in.

Theactrics are for actresses.

I watched every snap Palmer took in college. It sickened me to see him go to cincy. It saddened me to see him out of the game in the playoffs because he is one of the good ones in this league. He has a beautiful delivery.

BUT...The Steelers were going to take control of that game in the 3rd quarter. Period.

The Ravens - opinion - are not going to right the ship. It has already 'taken on too much water' and they have Brister or Malone or whoever playing QB. Please send Pepto to Romeo.

Do the math. Meet the new Boss...same as the old Boss!!
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #56
Ryan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1959

The Bengals MIGHT be a rival in the future. Right now? Haven't we won like 80% of our games against them in the last fifteen years? Not much of a rivalry yet.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #57
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

I grew up 25 miles southeast of Cleveland. Back in the 1970s the Youngstown TV stations carried the Steelers almost every week so we were able to see almost all of the games.

Whining, crying and complaining are hallmarks of Clown fans. Right now the Clowns are nothing but raodkill for the Steelers but their fans always want blood against Pittsburgh.

Cincy ran their mouths, made a rap video, and paid the price for it. As for the Ratbirds - when the old Clowns moved to Baltimore, their fans did not immediately hate Pittsburgh. After the Steeler fans took over their stadium, the hate grew. Steeler fans in Central PA get a raw deal because the Harrisburg TV stations have to carry Ratbird home games and almost nobody outside of York County with its displaced Marylanders likes the Ratbirds.

Cincy and the Rats are the biggest rivals right now. After that, New England.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #58
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Isn't every team in the NFL our rival right now? We've got 10 games outside of our division against teams that are looking for a win against Pittsburgh to make their season. We're on top, everyone is looking to knock us off. That makes us the enemy on a bigger level than normal for 31 teams in this league.

Personally, I would really like to see Pittsburgh sweep the division, beat the Patriots in the playoffs and take out Seattle in the Super Bowl next year. Obviously, any road to a repeat title is nice. But if we're talking about ULTIMATE satisfaction, that would be it for me.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #59
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers
..... I would really like to see Pittsburgh sweep the division, beat the Patriots in the playoffs and take out Seattle in the Super Bowl next year.....
..... no-disrespect to Seattle-fans, but if the Stillers ARE fortunate-enough to beat the Seahawks in SB-XLI, I hope they leave NO-FRIGGIN'-DOUBT as to who the best team REALLY is at the game's conclusion.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #60
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think Seattle is a one-and-done.

Also, for those saying Pats, we get an AFC East team at home next year, but we get Miami not NE, so if we face them it will have to be in the playoffs, providing they get there.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote