Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,809 Times in 4,472 Posts
Default Re: ty law talking trash before eagles sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about.

NM
if the shoe fits.....
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
if the shoe fits.....
Ya didnt let me finish.

What I was going to say was "Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about. The same one that influenced the refs to rule favorably towards the Steelers in the 'Bettis Bowl'"

I look forward to your analysis of the video that cgesolo provided. It's had lots of visits but precious little in the way of replies.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
You rarely answer any of my points directly on the others threads we have 'debated' on - always one diversionary tactic after another.

You nearly always misrepresent and deliberately misunderstand the points I try to make -

NM
hot air. link?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #14
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Ya didnt let me finish.

What I was going to say was "Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about. The same one that influenced the refs to rule favorably towards the Steelers in the 'Bettis Bowl'"

I look forward to your analysis of the video that cgesolo provided. It's had lots of visits but precious little in the way of replies.

NM
yes i saw the sugar coated bait you put out. you just want to bew on the other side of the 5 year old tuck rule argument huh? i wont argue judgement calls that were made concerning millimeters or microseconds. i saw ben scored a td. if it was as blatant a mistake as testaverde vs. the seahawks i would say so. holding and pi calls were correctly made according to the rule. stupid rule? maybe wrong call? no. penalty on hasselbeck was a bad call but from the angle the ref was i can see where a mistake was made. keep in mind that these million dollar atheletes are much faster than the refs and they arent always in position to make the correct call. seahawks had some bad calls not go there way. steelers had atleast 2 not go their way either.

all this is moot. the steelers were gonna win regardless, even if no penalties were called at all. it was there destiny and many teams this year have gotten out to a quick start against the steelers only to be gassed midway through the 3rd quarter.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
hot air. link?
Bear in mind this is just from one thread - a great example of the nonsense you are liable to spew once the Patriots enter the conversation

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...0470#post60470

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...0431#post60431

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...0394#post60394

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...9659#post59659

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...9083#post59083

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 02-09-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
yes i saw the sugar coated bait you put out. you just want to bew on the other side of the 5 year old tuck rule argument huh? i wont argue judgement calls that were made concerning millimeters or microseconds. i saw ben scored a td. if it was as blatant a mistake as testaverde vs. the seahawks i would say so. holding and pi calls were correctly made according to the rule. stupid rule? maybe wrong call? no. penalty on hasselbeck was a bad call but from the angle the ref was i can see where a mistake was made. keep in mind that these million dollar atheletes are much faster than the refs and they arent always in position to make the correct call. seahawks had some bad calls not go there way. steelers had atleast 2 not go their way either.

all this is moot. the steelers were gonna win regardless, even if no penalties were called at all. it was there destiny and many teams this year have gotten out to a quick start against the steelers only to be gassed midway through the 3rd quarter.
What noise does a buzzer make when you answer incorrectly on a quiz show? ehhh errr?

Anyway, that sound went off in my head right after reading this post.

The 'tuck rule' call was actually reversal of the call on the field - there was overwhelming evidence that Brady's arm was moving forward - it may well be a dumb rule - but it is a rule nonetheless.

The problem with the SB calls was that they were always made in favor of the Steelers on the field - therefore making it extremely difficult for the ref in the booth to over-rule.

I mean, the fumble given against Hasselbeck (that was overruled) was absolutely laughable - I mean i actually laughed and shook my head - how much seperation was their between the defender and Hasselbeck as he hit the deck?

A couple of yards at least.

This nonsense I keep hearing about how the 'Steelers would have scored anyway on 4th down' is laughable also - we only have Cowhers word for it he would have gone for it - and who says Ben doesnt fumble like he did on the 'TD' run?

You wont get any argument from me that the Steelers were comfortably the better team on paper and would win that game 8times out of 10 - but the way the Steelers were playing it was shaping up like one of those 2 other times.

NM
Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #17
tony hipchest
Supporter

i know what the tuck rule is and it was the correct call. just like the pi interference call on d. jackson was the correct call. dumb rule but correct call. like i told several seahawk fans dont bitch about the officials who were doing their job, bitch about the stupid rule. my point of the tuck rule is that you as a patfan has had to defend that ruling and your championship being called tainted, and im sure you would just love to deflect that onto the steelers. now you can say someone elses sb is tainted for the next 5 years. that must be a big time burden and weight lifted off your shoulders. you might wanna get that persistant buzzing noise in your head checked out by a doctor. seems like you think EVERYBODY is wrong ALL the time.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #18
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Bear in mind this is just from one thread - a great example of the nonsense you are liable to spew once the Patriots enter the conversation

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...0470#post60470

NM
you call this nonsense? in reference of ben being capable of a game winning drive with 1:21 left on the clock i even cited examples in his career:

"i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)"

lmao! nice archive of me slicing up your pathetic arguments. but i guess iff you and 3 to be 4 say it cant be done it must be true
Old 02-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
you call this nonsense? in reference of ben being capable of a game winning drive with 1:21 left on the clock i even cited examples in his career:

"i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)"

lmao! nice archive of me slicing up your pathetic arguments. but i guess iff you and 3 to be 4 say it cant be done it must be true
Well your copy-paste skills work ok I guess - but we still have a long way to go.......

Your assertion that Pat fans think that Tom brady 'invented' the game winning drive just shows the sort of tactics you use when getting outflanked in a debate - you use arguments that even you don't believe!

NM
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
i know what the tuck rule is and it was the correct call. just like the pi interference call on d. jackson was the correct call. dumb rule but correct call. like i told several seahawk fans dont bitch about the officials who were doing their job, bitch about the stupid rule. my point of the tuck rule is that you as a patfan has had to defend that ruling and your championship being called tainted, and im sure you would just love to deflect that onto the steelers. now you can say someone elses sb is tainted for the next 5 years. that must be a big time burden and weight lifted off your shoulders. you might wanna get that persistant buzzing noise in your head checked out by a doctor. seems like you think EVERYBODY is wrong ALL the time.
The diference being that ours was one correct ruling - yours was a number of very questionable decisons - a different ball park Tony.

NM