Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #31
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: ty law talking trash before eagles sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
I don't see how anyone can watch the "snow job" and say it was not a fumble. I have watched it it at least 100 times, from every concievable angle that is available from. It was plainly a fumble!
Out of interest, if we polled 1000 fans from random football teams, that weren't Raiders or Patriots, how many would agree with you?

I mean, it really wasn't a fumble.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #32
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

What this, u mean Ty Law actually talks smack ?? Nah !!!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #33
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
What this, u mean Ty Law actually talks smack ?? Nah !!!!
Apparently so.

He was quoted over a year ago saying the "Fred will be Fred" - if I was Mr Flintstone i'd have sued for libel months ago.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,575 Times in 3,989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

Seems to me you are unable to discuss football without 'smack' then - I wonder how that would work if I repeatedly put Ben's SB figures into the discussion and labelled him a passenger in his own SB win?

NM
well it also "seemed" to you that:
- the pats were the best team in the playoffs.
-that cowher couldnt win the big game
-that ben couldnt win coming from behind
-that ben couldnt win without a running game
-that ben couldnt win throwing more than 20 times

so that works fine for me if you repeatedly put bens sb #'s into the discussion. i did the same with aikman till the day he retired. but instead of just labelling him a passenger, give credit where credit is due and call him a passenger on THE BUS.

i will respond with:
-bens perfect 13-0 season last year (a league record) that will never be broken
-bens record rookie passer rating
-ben calling his own shot, telling jerome he would get him home to detroit
-ben accurately predicting that the steelers can be better at 11-5 than 15-1
-ben promising jerome 4 gameballs before the playoffs (again calling his own shot)
-ben leading his team as the #6 seed on the road all the way to the sb, winning against
the #1, 2, 3, &1 seeds
-ben becoming the youngest qb to win a sb
-bens 27-4 record as a starter in his 1st 2 years

most of these are feats that will never be topped, and ben is well on pace to accomplish much more. hang your smacktalk hat on one or 2 games. suits me just fine.

so i can assume youre done defending your boy ty law, saying he never talked no smack before big games? that no patriot player would ever break rank? or are you just chalking this up as another of the many debates ive lost?

hilarious!
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #35
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yawn. that old tired comment again? WHO ever said Brady invented game winning drives?? I believe ive more than on one occassion cited Elway,Unitas,Montana,Starr,Staubach as others Brady is only trying to catch up to in that regard. And there are other who can do it in regular season settings. And there are others who cant do it at all. Of course Ben can do it. He just hasnt done it in a championship game. What in tarnation is false with that statement? I love Roethlisburgers game and id even go as far as saying that right now hes the 2nd best QB in football after Brady. If you call that a "diss" than you have no perspective.
i guess i unfairly mentionned you cause the post that litp brought up was one from a discussion you and i were having a while back. i didnt go back and re-read the whole thread. but yes i havent forgotten your stance on big ben and think having him mentionned in the same breath as brady is quite a compliment. especially coming from a patfan.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #36
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
well it also "seemed" to you that:
- the pats were the best team in the playoffs.
-that cowher couldnt win the big game
-that ben couldnt win coming from behind
-that ben couldnt win without a running game
-that ben couldnt win throwing more than 20 times

so that works fine for me if you repeatedly put bens sb #'s into the discussion. i did the same with aikman till the day he retired. but instead of just labelling him a passenger, give credit where credit is due and call him a passenger on THE BUS.

i will respond with:
-bens perfect 13-0 season last year (a league record) that will never be broken
-bens record rookie passer rating
-ben calling his own shot, telling jerome he would get him home to detroit
-ben accurately predicting that the steelers can be better at 11-5 than 15-1
-ben promising jerome 4 gameballs before the playoffs (again calling his own shot)
-ben leading his team as the #6 seed on the road all the way to the sb, winning against
the #1, 2, 3, &1 seeds
-ben becoming the youngest qb to win a sb
-bens 27-4 record as a starter in his 1st 2 years

most of these are feats that will never be topped, and ben is well on pace to accomplish much more. hang your smacktalk hat on one or 2 games. suits me just fine.

so i can assume youre done defending your boy ty law, saying he never talked no smack before big games? that no patriot player would ever break rank? or are you just chalking this up as another of the many debates ive lost?

hilarious!
Bleh.

I thought the whole idea with smack talk is that we totally disengage our brains?

At least that seems to be your modus operandi anyway.

You know full well that I was impressed with Ben right at the beginning of the year - after watching Brady play you get an idea of the type of QB who may have a little something special.

Seems to me Tony that if you keep guessing heads you are eventually going to call the coin toss correctly.

Im pretty sure that you have been in Cowhers corner every year of his stewardship - chanting to yourself - "This is the year" - well done 13th time lucky I suppose.

Maybe if we engage our brains again you would be good enough to show where I said that Ben can't win without a running game - I merely said he hadn't done it yet.

Same with Cowher - maybe this win erases all the pain from the last few years - all I know is - if Cowher can take the plaudits for this SB run and victory he should be held responsible for past playoff defeats, especially when at home.

The facts were that Cowher hadn't got it done - which made him less of an elite coach - now he has achieved that I can give him serious consideration in that area.

The thing is, because I am realtively neutral I wont give Pittsburgh players or coaches credit for things they havent achieved yet - as a Pittsburgh fan you are bound to be biased - as I am with the Patriots.

Again with your last quote, find me where I said Pittsburgh couldnt win if Ben threw 20 times.......I know you can't.

I think you will find that your ripostes to my 'smack' fall on stony ground - I have given ben plenty of credit in the past - including putting him in the elite division of QB's in the NFL after the Denver game.

The only difference between us is that your extreme dislike of the Patriots colors your view and leads to frankly ridiculous discussion where you spend most of the time trying to 'push buttons'

NM
Old 02-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #37
tony hipchest

Quote:
Again with your last quote, find me where I said Pittsburgh couldnt win if Ben threw 20 times.......I know you can't.

NM
what quote? i just said it "seems". really just an insinuation not an accusation.

you know....how it seems i am incapable of talking football without smack? keep in mind im not trying to give any dissertations on a message board as i discuss football related topics. and very rarely am i ever serious.

but yeah, i dont like brady, i dont root for him, and i know that pisses patriot fans off. but by the same token brady dont like the steelers or their fans. turn about is fairplay; however i can give credit where credit is due. for instance, in the jagoffs playoff game, in the 1st quarter, he threw one of the sweetest no look passes i have EVER seen. the one that hit the ref in the head. it was incomplete but had the ref not been there it really wouldve been amazingly on point. the target even seemed to be out of his peripheral.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #38
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Apparently so.

He was quoted over a year ago saying the "Fred will be Fred" - if I was Mr Flintstone i'd have sued for libel months ago.

NM
To be honest with you, I have watched it with Steeler fans, Browns fans, Bengals fans, Redskins fans, and Dolphins fans... all agree it was a fumbe, and at the very least was inconclusive and the call should have stood as called on the field.

I'm not going to cry over spilled milk... I'm just sayin'.

OOPS! Sorry about that. This was in reply to "the fumble".

Last edited by silver & black; 02-10-2006 at 05:01 PM.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #39
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i guess i unfairly mentionned you cause the post that litp brought up was one from a discussion you and i were having a while back. i didnt go back and re-read the whole thread. but yes i havent forgotten your stance on big ben and think having him mentionned in the same breath as brady is quite a compliment. especially coming from a patfan.
I really try to be as an objective sports fan as possible above being a "homer" as most fans are. Bostonians are well known for overblowing their own players such as Mo Vaughn, Drew Bledsoe, Ray Bourque, Terry O'Reilly, Steve Grogan, Nomar Garciaparra, and Trot Nixon to name just a few. Even McHale a little bit. He was fabulous for about 3 years before the broken foot slowed him down. The truly great ones have been Williams, Yastrzemski, Russell, Havlicek,Cousy,Bird,Orr, and now Tom Brady.
The flip side of that is seeing the talents of players outside of your own zip code. I dont see how you can watch Roethlisburger and not see something very special. I dont use stats as a barometer, never will. Although his SB performance was hardly awe inspiring the fact is his team won. Good enough for me.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote