Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #21
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: The Year of the Eagle

"Do I root for the Patsies? HELL NO! I hate em!"

Why do you hate 'em? They haven't done anything to you, you haven't done to yourself. Now, if you were a Colt, or Steeler fan, I could understand.

"Patsies"

BTW, that's the Patriots to you son.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #22
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: The Year of the Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWard4Life8682
Blitz, i don't think they will make it to the playoffs, although they still have a good offense with driver and walker and ahman green, they lost two of their best O-lineman. They are also losing defense by letting go darren shaper and others, i dont think they will make the playoffs. Plus, I think lions will be better than them and so will the vikes. Possibly even the bears if they draft Braylon Edwards and they will have muhsin Muhammad. They also have Urlacher (if healthy) on the other side of the ball
looking at their team so far this offseason, I can certainly see your point, and agree with it. I think the same way right now..but Favre is a winner and if he's gonna go out next year (which the fact that he had to think about it this year makes it somewhat obvious that he could be done after 2005) I just gotta think he's gonna pick this team up this year and give it all he's got 1 last time.

but we'll see.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #23
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

BKA, sorry to ruffle the feathers, but once again you have come to the right place on how to support your team...

Supporting your team is always a looking forward proposition. No matter what your record, roster, or schedule, you should always be confident about your teams future outcomes. I'm not saying if you are a 49ers fan you should be talking Super Bowl, but its offseason. Talk about playoffs. Not hard to believe nowadays. Plenty of teams go 5-11 or 6-10 and then win in the playoffs. Now hindsight is different. Its okay after the fact to admit your teams weaknesses, but show that its not impossible(Pedro's daddy comment). At the end of the season, say its okay that the Browns were last in the league in rush D. And that your front office is smart for dumping the underproducing line that caused it. Then get fired up over a new coach and probably a new QB(besides Dilfer)and be gutsy a predict a Division crown. Heck, why not call for a 1st round home playoff game. Now you are creating what we call 'Buzz'. Soon all those annonymous visitors to the site are talking at the watercoolers, then talking to friends and buying tickets to the games, then the front office is more concerned about putting out a winning product...and it snowballs.

But back to point. To say NE will win the SuperBowl and become the greatest ever, either you are really superstitious and are trying to jinx them, or you might as well go into hibernation and wake up in March and catch up on whats happened. By the way, I'll let you know that the Steelers will be Super Bowl champs.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #24
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 326

Alright, I make an argument for the Browns....They will go 10-6 and make the wildcard....

They have a QB that could inally play up to potential

Their RBs are a dynamic duo

If Andre Davis and Kellen Winslow stay healthy, the WR game looks mighty fine

The O-Line is the most improved of any NFL team, look for the run game to improve

The Browns D-Line will be under head coach Romeo Crennel, he'll work wonders

The Browns have a lot of spped at LB and with Holman, Davis and hopefully Derrick Johnson, that LB core will be stellar

The Secondary now consists of McCutchon, Baxter, Sean Jones and Bryant Russel....Baxter is a solid CB on the rise, McCutch is a hard worker, Russel had 8 INTs with the Vikes in 03 and Sean Jones is a 2nd round pick who was injured all last year

Our coaching staff took a step up by hiring Romeo Crennel

Phil Savage(Our GM) was the Ravens V.P of Draft Operations and drafted such players as Ray Lew, Pete Boulware, Jamie Sharper, etc....He'll work wonders in this years draft....

THEIR!!! All the reasons why will go 10-6... :)
Old 04-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"Do I root for the Patsies? HELL NO! I hate em!"

Why do you hate 'em? They haven't done anything to you, you haven't done to yourself. Now, if you were a Colt, or Steeler fan, I could understand.

"Patsies"

BTW, that's the Patriots to you son.
They win to much :)
Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

No.1 you don`t know for sure that your offensive line has improved, every stinking year I hear all the brownie fans that I live around or work with , sat that the O line has improved. Why our they so improved??? Because they got a bunch of rejects from other teams?? Thay do that every year.

Dynamic Duo??? Suggs ALWAYS Hurt, has a vertbrae problem , where there is narrowing at the base of the skull, most NFL players with type of problem don`t last more than 4 years. Droughns ? A systems running back coming from a team where everyone rushes for 1000 yards, everyone. And lets not forget William Greene, keep him out of jail, and off the drugs then maybe.

IF Winslow is healthy?? IF is a huge word, little man.
Romeo is a better coach?? Probably, but don`t bank on it. This is the same team thet ran Belichek out of town, said he couldn`t communicate with his players, and wasn`t a head coach, I guess you drop the ball there. Now some think he`s the best head coach ever, right Pats Fan a.k.a. Hardwork. He so good you went after his assitant coach.

D-line will be great?? You let everyone go, you don`t even have a d-line. Why don`t you take the Jersey highway route and go somewhere else with all your bullshit. I say the brownies won`t be 10-6 for at least 4 years then Romeo will be retired.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #27
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

hey, if I didnt defend my team i wouldnt be a fan....Gotta stick up for em becuase I wouldnt be a fan if I didnt.....You have to see where Im comin from.....
Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #28
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Dude thats an AWFUL lot of IF's in your arguments for the clowns to be successfull. Hell I could make a case for my salary being the biggest ever in 1 year next year.. IF I win the lottery!!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #29
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

If you want some real reasons to look forward to a team being successful.. well.

1) #1 defense in the league last year
2) best DC in the business in lebeau
3) Best season by a rookie QB in history in 2004
4) Jerome Bettis
5) Hines Ward
6) the most clutch FG kicker in the league going down the stretch last year
7) Every year we have one of the best OL's in the business
8)Pro Bowlers all over the team
9)runner up defensive player of the year
10)First AFC team to ever go 15-1 in regular season

and thats for starters..