Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Seattle: no margin for error

The Seahawks had to play a perfect game. They had no room for error. They couldn't accomplish that. Pittsburgh's defense was too good for them.

The Steeler's had enough so that they didn't have to play a perfect game. Even if every call in the game that the Seahawks felt was unfair had gone against the Steelers, the Steelers still would have won.

Face it Hawk fans, you aren't good enough yet.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628
Default Re: Seattle: no margin for error

As the Bungles, Colts, and Broncos found out...we were simply better.

And we were better sunday, too.

Let them envy the Steelers...

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

Member Number: 1935

Hardwork,

I'll respectfully disagree just for fun!

To say we weren't good enough to win is wrong for several reasons. First of all, if statistics mean anything, we won in almost every category. We had the better QB rating, offensive yards, fewer turnovers, and time of possession. I believe the only area we didn't beat you in was rushing yards, which we lost narrowly when Parker ran for 75 on one play.

Secondly, we had several opportunities to either take the lead or extend the lead. Unfortunately for us, some of those opportunities were squandered by penalties that the majority of the country felt were unnecessary or just plain wrong (and even honest Steeler fans should acknowledge that some of the calls were iffy).

Finally, we were able to sustain drives on a continual basis, despite the point production. We had many more first downs than the Steelers, and a higher 3rd down completion percentage. The Steelers were inconsistent on offense, and took advantage of three very large plays for their scores, rather than long, sustained drives.

Now, I'm not saying that the Steelers weren't good enough to win, or even that they didn't deserve to win. I'm just defending my team by pointing out that we most definitely were good enough to win. That's why the game was so close. It was much closer than the 11 points you won by, and frankly I think the Steelers should be relieved that they won.

I'm happy for you guys, but I wouldn't brag TOO much about how badly you beat us. Fair's fair. Enjoy your trophy and prepare for next season, cuz we plan on meeting you in Miami!

AustinSeahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
GoStillersGo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSeahawk
Hardwork,

To say we weren't good enough to win is wrong for several reasons. First of all, if statistics mean anything, we won in almost every category. We had the better QB rating, offensive yards, fewer turnovers, and time of possession. I believe the only area we didn't beat you in was rushing yards, which we lost narrowly when Parker ran for 75 on one play.

Secondly, we had several opportunities to either take the lead or extend the lead. Unfortunately for us, some of those opportunities were squandered by penalties that the majority of the country felt were unnecessary or just plain wrong (and even honest Steeler fans should acknowledge that some of the calls were iffy).

Finally, we were able to sustain drives on a continual basis, despite the point production. We had many more first downs than the Steelers, and a higher 3rd down completion percentage. The Steelers were inconsistent on offense, and took advantage of three very large plays for their scores, rather than long, sustained drives.

Now, I'm not saying that the Steelers weren't good enough to win, or even that they didn't deserve to win. I'm just defending my team by pointing out that we most definitely were good enough to win. That's why the game was so close. It was much closer than the 11 points you won by, and frankly I think the Steelers should be relieved that they won.

I'm happy for you guys, but I wouldn't brag TOO much about how badly you beat us. Fair's fair. Enjoy your trophy and prepare for next season, cuz we plan on meeting you in Miami!

I agree with you. The Seahawks are a decent team. In fact, I think they are one of the top echelon teams in the NFL -- probably the only one in the NFC. On any given Sunday, they, the Steelers, the Colts or Bengals could win.

Everything fell our way on Sunday. I don't believe either team played well to tell you the truth. But the Steelers made the big plays that mattered down the stretch and that's what won it.
GoStillersGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Hardwork,

First of all, AustinSeahawk, I'm not a Steelers fan. I'm a Patriots fan. Secondly, forget the stats. You have to put the pigskin in the end zone. You can have control of it all day but if you don't score with it that means nothing.

The Steelers let you have the underneath patterns then they came up and smacked your receivers. You couldn't go vertical on them. When you tried you threw the ball out of bounds. Further, your team just isn't a seasoned team. They don't have what it takes, for whatever reason, to look down the barrel of a gun and keep right on going.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
First of all, AustinSeahawk, I'm not a Steelers fan. I'm a Patriots fan. Secondly, forget the stats. You have to put the pigskin in the end zone. You can have control of it all day but if you don't score with it that means nothing.

The Steelers let you have the underneath patterns then they came up and smacked your receivers. You couldn't go vertical on them. When you tried you threw the ball out of bounds. Further, your team just isn't a seasoned team. They don't have what it takes, for whatever reason, to look down the barrel of a gun and keep right on going.
Well forgive me for thinking you were a Steelers fan. Perhaps it was your post count of over 500 in this forum, or maybe the way you seemed to be beating your chest with black and gold pride.

In any event, we did put the "pigskin in the end zone". And then the ref took it away. Later we put it on the 1 yard line, and the ref took it away. Big Ben didn't put it in the end zone, but the ref was all too happy to signal touchdown once Ben placed it across the line.

Our QB threw for nearly 300 yards on the Steelers, and Alexander gained 95 yards on the new Steel Curtain. We won more games this year than any team in the NFL (15), easily clinching the NFC crown, and darn near beat the Steelers, and you say we aren't a seasoned team? Hmmm...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

[QUOTE=AustinSeahawk]Well forgive me for thinking you were a Steelers fan. Perhaps it was your post count of over 500 in this forum, or maybe the way you seemed to be beating your chest with black and gold pride.

[QUOTE]

as far as bens td goes maybe they should change the rule to CROSSING that 6" wide white line at the endzone rather than just touching it. being that the nfl doesnt have lasers set up to measure it down to the nanometer we will just have to go with the refs eye and instant replay.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #8
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Our QB threw for nearly 300 yards on the Steelers, and Alexander gained 95 yards on the new Steel Curtain. We won more games this year than any team in the NFL (15), easily clinching the NFC crown, and darn near beat the Steelers, and you say we aren't a seasoned team? Hmmm...

Oh come on, enough with the stats. And no, you're not a seasoned team. I didn't see anyone of your players step out and make a big play. You gotta have a handful of those guys on your team to be able to overcome adversity in a game that big. You just don't have those guys.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #9
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Yea, Seahawks brought a knife to a gun fight! Just like the Bengals, Colts and Broncos!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #10
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

You're right. Sorry.