Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
mwittman5
Draft Prospect
 
mwittman5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 94
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default the owner is not charging

got to the announcement page and see for yourself
http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

it says FREE membership. these old mods just want to ruin the site.
__________________
Steeler fan all the way in Cali
mwittman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Big
Draft Prospect
 
Big's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Now living in Virginia
Posts: 126
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16315
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
He locked the board to EVERYONE last week and demanded $45 for a year's membership. FACT. When the revolt ensued, he recanted. Too late. It would be nice if the mentally deficient dipshits who have their noses inexplicably buried up the new owners's ass would get their damn facts straight.
I agree, this guy is not playing the game with all the facts, but no one has their nose buried in the owners rear. This is an awesome site (been a lurker for years) and partly due to your involvement. I believe the previous owner is to blame for any wrong doing here. Matthew is a good guy that made a pretty good sized investment in a website and was only trying to get something back on that investment. He needs permission from no one to do as he wishes here, but yes, at the very least he should have spoken to you and Hometown.

All that matters to me is a Super Bowl ring, but I love this site and will not give up on it anytime soon.

I would like to thank you and hometown for all your dedicated service to this site and hopefully, one day, it will be the same.
Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

If you want to leave, leave.

If you want to stay, stay.

How freaking hard is that? Grow up, kids.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,256
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 82
Thanked 402 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
He locked the board to EVERYONE last week and demanded $45 for a year's membership. FACT. When the revolt ensued, he recanted. Too late. It would be nice if the mentally deficient dipshits who have their noses inexplicably buried up the new owners's ass would get their damn facts straight.
actually that is not a fact. he said it was an accident. fact. by the way how would you like people to spam your board? why do you keep coming back just to post your site and negative comments. it time to grow up and either leave for good or chill the hell out
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Mocha Latte
Water Boy
 
Mocha Latte's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

As a new poster here I don't understand this at all. If you hate it here then just go to your new board and let this one die as you say. Spamming this board is just stupid and counter-productive. Good luck with your new board.
__________________


My drug of choice is caffeine
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,256
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 82
Thanked 402 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Latte View Post
As a new poster here I don't understand this at all. If you hate it here then just go to your new board and let this one die as you say. Spamming this board is just stupid and counter-productive. Good luck with your new board.
agreed. unfortunatly we have alot of immature exmembers here
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,256
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 82
Thanked 402 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimik View Post
Wow. YOu sure changed your tune. I was interested, so I did a little search through teh cached pages of Google and Bing.



Here is the web address if you are interested.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Pay...81baa,325f4797
changed my tune about what? you make absolutly no sense
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,256
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 82
Thanked 402 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
You've been here for only a couple of months. The rest of us were here for yeeeaaars. You know jack shit.
yea right. the board was shut down for one day and alot of you morons freaked out. thats all i need to know.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 192
Member Number: 7140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: the owner is not charging

I don't know why people are so upset. Its called the free market. At one point in time you could have free internet but it's not so likely anymore.

The new owner recanted on the membership and made everybody a premium member.

What was done was done and can't be taken back. I for one appreciate the new owners decision to waive the fee.
BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts