Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Unhappy One more chance to see our Steelers in the Pro Bowl

We all get one more chance to see our beloved Black n Gold in the pro bowl. You can bet your last dollar Im gonna soak in every last second of the pro bowl to catch every glimpse of Porter, Polamalu and the rest of the boys having fun and playing the last official game of the 2005 season.

and the best part about the pro bowl ....

COWHER ISNT COACHING IT THIS YEAR !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Re: One more chance to see our Steelers in the Pro Bowl

I just saw them arrive here on the local news.... They were in front of the Ihilani Resort and are the last contingent of players to arrive.... Alan Fanaca said that it is really nice to be the ones getting the congratulations from the other teams and not having to give them...

Tomorrow we will be going to the AFC practice at Aloha Stadium and then will be at the filming of the Players' Skills test..... We were going to go anyway, but my grandson won tickets on a radio station..... Joey Porter will be in the Strongest man section of the show..... We will be there cheering them on..... I have no idea of when the show will be aired, but when I find out, I will post it...... I can't wait....

The guys were all wearing their red AFC aloha shirts - - they look great....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

bah on the bore bowl......but i hope all the steeler players do good in the game
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaduck43
I just saw them arrive here on the local news.... They were in front of the Ihilani Resort and are the last contingent of players to arrive.... Alan Fanaca said that it is really nice to be the ones getting the congratulations from the other teams and not having to give them...

Tomorrow we will be going to the AFC practice at Aloha Stadium and then will be at the filming of the Players' Skills test..... We were going to go anyway, but my grandson won tickets on a radio station..... Joey Porter will be in the Strongest man section of the show..... We will be there cheering them on..... I have no idea of when the show will be aired, but when I find out, I will post it...... I can't wait....

The guys were all wearing their red AFC aloha shirts - - they look great....

If you get a chance take some pics and post em for us
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

I have my camera all ready to go.....

Apparently, Chris Kemoeatu and his brother Maake from the Ravens have been here for a couple of days - - they were part of a youth day at Kahuku HS, where they went to school.... Chris Fu`umatu-Ma`afala was also there...

They have eliminated some of the fun activities that used to be part of Pro Bowl week, but there are a couple of places that we will be checking out for player sightings.....

I will keep you posted, and you can be assured that there will be no question as to which team my family and I support......
Old 02-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Just thought of something else - - - I went to my favorite Pro Bowl concession stand - - they sold out of all of their Steelers AFC jerseys within the first half hour that they were open..... They are working on getting more.... I will have to check to see what they have tomorrow, Saturday and at the game.....

The most popular shirt is definately the Polumalu!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
FisherMOM
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 982

Hey Mamaduck! ENJOY!

Sounds like a fun weekend is in store for you and your family!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #8
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

The skills test will be on ESPN from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST on Saturday, 2/11...... We will definately add to the Steelers' presence there...... There is also a NFL Veterans flag football game tomorrow.... I have no idea of who will be playing in that.....

Also going to the Stadium on Saturday morning for Ohana Day.... Remember Lilo and Stitch - - Ohana is "Family" in Hawaiian.... Players, games and entertainment..... I will be using my new digital cam for the first time, so bear with me....

Pat
Old 02-10-2006, 03:27 AM   #9
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

OMG!!!!! Just saw the guys on tonight's news... They were wearing their Pro Bowl jerseys and the guys look rested and the jerseys are fantastic.... Solid red with a big Steeler emblem on the sleeve and 'Steelers' on a patch above the number in the front.... It looks like I am going to be out some more $$$ this weekend.... If I can find one - - - I went back to Pearl Harbor tonight and they did get some Steelers jerseys in but sold out in about 10 minutes.... Perhaps tomorrow at the Skills Day event..... Sigh......
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Here is a photo and an article from this morning's Honolulu Advertiser....

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben ... no, that's not him, it's Steeler teammate Troy Polamalu playing the part of signal caller at Pro Bowl practice. Polamalu, a safety, will play for the AFC in Sunday's game.

RONEN ZILBERMAN | Associated Press

Steelers enjoying sweet ride

By Brandon Masuoka
Advertiser Staff Writer

The arrival of five Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers electrified Pro Bowl practice yesterday at the Ihilani Resort and Spa.

The Steelers ? offensive guard Alan Faneca, defensive tackle Casey Hampton, center Jeff Hartings, strong safety Troy Polamalu and outside linebacker Joey Porter ? grabbed the media spotlight, and received a warm welcome from AFC teammates.

"It's truly an honor to be on the team with all these great players that you've been looking up to your whole life," said Polamalu, whose team defeated the Seattle Seahawks, 21-10, in the Super Bowl.

"For them to wish us congratulations for winning a Super Bowl ? something that every football player in the league strives to win ? is also an honor," he added.

It's been a whirlwind week for the Steelers, who returned to Pittsburgh for a parade Tuesday after winning Sunday's Super Bowl in Detroit, and then made the 10-hour trip to Honolulu.

They buzzed about the Steel City parade that drew an estimated crowd of 250,000 despite temperatures in the 20s. During the celebration, Polamalu twice jumped from a truck into a sea of adoring fans, many of whom last celebrated a Super Bowl title in 1980. The Steelers have won five Super Bowl titles overall.

"It was a lot of fun," Polamalu said. "It was nice to be able to give back to the fans what they've been waiting for for a long time, and to see the excitement on their faces."

"A lot of times, you might think you're just playing football for yourself, for your teammates," Hartings said. "But it did make me realize how passionate the Pittsburgh Steelers' fans feel about our team. In 25-degree weather, they came out to congratulate us, and share in the accomplishment. It was pretty special."

The Steelers became the first team to win three playoff road games ? against the AFC's top three seeded teams ? and the Super Bowl, where they beat the NFC's top-seeded team. Pittsburgh narrowly qualified for the playoffs by winning its final four regular-season games.

"The accomplishments is what will stick with me forever," Hartings said. "The relationships that we built on this team ... plus the way our season went, being 7-5, and looking like nothing was going to work out. But we turned it around, and I think that made it extra special."

The Steelers return several key players, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Super Bowl MVP receiver Hines Ward, running back Willie Parker, and Faneca on offense, along with Polamalu, Hampton, Porter and linebacker James Farrior on defense.

Yesterday, Faneca entertained the question of the Steelers earning another Super Bowl title next season.

"Back-to-back sounds real good to me," he said. "We will have to refocus and, at some point, we will have to put this (Super Bowl victory) behind us."

Faneca also downplayed the officiating at the Super Bowl. Four plays that went against the Seahawks were deemed "questionable" by The Associated Press.

"I think in a game of that magnitude, there's going to be hype after it, and many people analyzing things," Faneca said. "It's something to talk about. That's it. I don't think it's overshadowed what we've done."

Pro Bowl players, such as Indianapolis Colts linebacker Cato June, were glad to have the Steelers for teammates.

"They took a long road to get there, and they made it happen," said June, a first-time Pro Bowler. "Troy and Joey, they're great playmakers. It's going to be fun to play with them instead of playing against them."

Hampton added: "Being around these guys, they're all congratulating you, and just being happy for you. There's no feeling like that."

Reach Brandon Masuoka at bmasuoka@honoluluadvertiser.com.