Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
SteelRed2Gulf
Water Boy

Location: Currently in Iraq. When home its Colorado Springs and Raton,New Mexico
Member Number: 1958
Smile ANy Steelers fans from Colorado?

Currently I'm in Iraq. I look foward to meeting any Black and Gold out of Colorado when I get back. My home station is Colorado Springs.
SteelRed2Gulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Re: ANy Steelers fans from Colorado?

Hi, SteelRed... As I said in the other thread, I live in Hawaii, but my DD and her family live in the Springs, near Carson.... I get there at least once a year.... It is largely Bronco country, but as it is in the rest of the world, there is a huge Steelers fan base there.... There is one Steelers bar listed in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette listing - Overtime Sports bar on Dublin Ave on the North end of town.... http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars.asp I haven't been there, but I hear it is pretty good.... There is a great Sports shop in the Citadel Mall that has a big selection of Steelers' stuff.... But beware, their salespeople are great - - I always drop a huge chunk of $$$$ when I shop there..... One of my DDs co-workers is a big fan.... When I was there in November, I parted with one of my Terrible Towels so that he could have one of his own..... He really made good use of it during the playoffs..... He said that he took a lot of guff before the AFCCG, but he was able to gloat afterwards....

Stay safe, and perhaps we can get together and have a beer on my next visit to the Springs - - - should be sometime in the fall....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,176 Times in 2,657 Posts

ive spent 2 summers and an x-mas in the springs. my dad was stationned at peterson. i would hang out at the citadel alot. what i remember most is there were tons of girls there. like 5:1. the scenery is some of the best ive seen and theres tons to do. garden of the gods is awesome. i actually applied to the air force acadamy cause its so nice there but didnt get accepted.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

I lived in The Springs from 95-98 while stationed at Ft Carson (10th SF). Remember, even though you are the minority in The Springs being a Steeler Fan, you can always talk loud and be proud to be part of The Steeler Nation!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

I was stationed in the Springs from 01-05 and Overtime Sports Bar is where it's at. Don't be afraid to go down in "The Pit". They will welcome you with open arms...
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

SteelRed2Gulf, not from Colorado (Pittsburgh born and raised), just wanted to tell you to stay safe, get home safe and thanks for defending the greatest nation on this earth. It's very much appreciated.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRed2Gulf
Currently I'm in Iraq. I look foward to meeting any Black and Gold out of Colorado when I get back. My home station is Colorado Springs.

I am a Desert Storm Vet...Nothing but love for ya brother...Thank you for what you are doing and keep your head down...Make it home safe.

I think I lost my bayonet in Northern Kuwait or Southern Iraq...If ya come across it ..could ya let me know?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote