Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default In another country

Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of? I thought he was innocent. But apparently, he is being treated as though he is guilty of sexual assault.

Are we to believe that Big Ben did rape the woman, but because he is a professional athlete charges are not pressed? If one of us were in a similar situation, we'd be on trial.

Are we saying that professional athletes get one type of justice and the rest of us another?

If Big Ben is guilty, then he should have to face to justice. If Big Ben is innocent, then we need to leave him alone.

That was the country I was born in, but has it gone away somewhere?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Amnot smokin3kgt
Banned

Member Number: 16361
Default Re: In another country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of? I thought he was innocent. But apparently, he is being treated as though he is guilty of sexual assault.

Are we to believe that Big Ben did rape the woman, but because he is a professional athlete charges are not pressed? If one of us were in a similar situation, we'd be on trial.

Are we saying that professional athletes get one type of justice and the rest of us another?

If Big Ben is guilty, then he should have to face to justice. If Big Ben is innocent, then we need to leave him alone.

That was the country I was born in, but has it gone away somewhere?
dude were you stuck in a worm hole or something? I think you need to make an angry youtube video about it, find closure, and move on.
Amnot smokin3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of?
He is guilty of making multiple bad decisions that have brought reproach upon himself, his family, the city of Pittsburgh, the Steelers, and the NFL.

Roger Goodell modified the PCP to allow for punishment of bad judgment. Ben is the first NFL player to be punished under the PCP without having been charged with a crime.

Hopefully soon, professional athletes will figure out the days of promiscuous sexual encounters and acting stupid in bars is over. Guys got away with it 20 years ago before there was YouTube, Twitter, cell phone cameras, and so on.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

^^ exactly. It's the rule.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,922 Times in 936 Posts

Ben was guilty of creating bad PR for the NFL. That's enough to get you suspended. Now, what did he really do? Nothing besides getting his knob polished by a drunken 20 year-old with a fake ID drinking in a bar. Some of the puritans on this website will tell you he should be banned from the NFL for such unChristian behavior.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Anyone who thinks Ben should be banned is a moron. Personally I feel the punishment was to steep. I understand they wanted to make an example of him but a game or 2 would of been fine
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387

Have we been feminized in the country? Is the drunken college grad not culpable at all? What was the college grad doing using a fake id? That is a misdemeanor. The college grad was drinking under age. Another misdemeanor.

I think Big Ben and the college grad are dumb and sleazy. The college grad probably got a nice settlement. Not bad for a few hours work.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote