Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Big
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16315
My Mood: Tired
Default Steelers Need White

The World Cup starts Friday. For me, itís the real football. For you, itís Steelers, Steelers, Steelers. So Iíll entertain you, and not myself, with refreshing Steelers notes. Big Ben until I die, Big Ben until I die, I know I am, Iím sure I am, Big Ben until I die!

-- If the Steelers are serious about making a bigger commitment to the run, they are ill-equipped to do so. Expecting sixth-round pick Jonathan Dwyer to provide power is a leap of faith, especially when rookies usually get short shrift in Pittsburgh. The answer: LenDale White, cut by Seattle. What a boost White and Ben Roethlisberger would provide in Week 6 when their suspensions finish. White would help the Steelers grind clock and keep their defense off the field in the fourth quarter.

Oh, I forgot: White desecrated a Terrible Towel once. Heíd have to stand trial for war crimes before joining the Steelers.

-- Ben Roethlisberger spoke to the media. Some feel he didnít say enough. What did you expect, play-by-play from the VIP menís room at Capital City? Some things, Roethlisberger simply isnít going to talk about, nor should he. Thereís no upside.

-- The weirdest part of Roethlisbergerís comeback will be when fans who proclaim undying love for the Steelers try to hinder the teamís cause by making Benís life as difficult as possible. Again, no upside. Iíd be interested in knowing how many of these people apply the same exacting moral standards to their own lives.

-- Roethlisberger would err if his first in-depth sit-down interview since Milledgeville is with a big-name national sportscaster or, God forbid, Oprah or Larry King. Roethlisbergerís biggest amends must be made with the people of Pittsburgh. He should talk with KDKA-TVís Bob Pompeani. Pompeani is credible, a good interviewer, and heís been fair to Ben. Anything of substance thatís said will be picked up nationally.

-- Receiving is a potential problem area. If Hines Ward or Mike Wallace gets hurt, the Steelersí pass-catching corps would be really, really bad.

-- The aforementioned reluctance the Steelers traditionally display when it comes to giving rookies meaningful roles will deprive them of a chance to strengthen their offensive line. No way Maurkice Pouncey isnít better than Trai Essex right now.

Pouncey is probably better than Justin Hartwig right now, too.

Pouncey might also be superior to Chris Kemoeatu.

I wonder if Pouncey can play wide receiver?

l Donít worry about James Harrison missing OTAs. He missed the entire second half of last season, too.

-- After initially looking shaken by his teamís off-field shenanigans, Mike Tomlin has regrouped. His clichť-ridden self-importance during interviews still irritates ó Tomlin comes off as part president, part Pope ó but heís regained his cool and composure and appears to be in control. Time will show if he really is.

-- Tomlin handled the four-headed quarterback monster perfectly when he gave Charlie Batch very little work at OTAs. Batch wonít play during Roethlisbergerís suspension unless Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon both get hurt, and heíll be cut when Ben returns. Itís not about being fair (although a QB of Batchís age, limited skill and meager accomplishment having a job at all, for any length of time, seems charitable, never mind fair). Itís about preparation. Save fair for the Homestead Little League.

-- Is Daniel Sepulvedaís job at risk? During his three-year NFL tenure, the former fourth-round pick has disappointed ó when he hasnít been injured, that is. If Adam Graessle (ex-Pitt) can match Sepulvedaís punting, he could provide a big upgrade on kickoffs.

-- Donít let the recent calm deceive you. The storm is just around the corner. Major distractions will combine with another tough year defensively to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs.

Mark Madden hosts a radio show 3-6 p.m. weekdays on WXDX-FM (105.9).

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...eed-white.html
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Steelers Need White

Hey I love world cup soccer myself and even though I think Italy is playing to many old timers I will be rooting for them
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

The German team all the way!

Mark Madden sux and everyone knows it.
*LenDale White? WTF? That fat pig just got dumped by 2 different teams in less than a year. And yet the Steelers want him? No way.
*Thanks for the obvious insight into Roethlisberger and our WR situation. Gee you must really put a lot of time thinking through these tough scenarios
*It's laughable to think Pouncey is already better than Kemoeatu. I'm all for rooting for the rookie, but don't put the guy up on a pedestal until he's done something.
*Sepulveda will be the Steelers punter this year barring injury. Madden's knocking the guy for not being the next Ray Guy. But, does he know that Sepulveda puts over 40% of his punts inside the 20 with less than 5% touchbacks? These are his combined figures. I'd think that's pretty darn good punting ... is it the best? No, but I wouldn't bail on this guy because he's doing pretty good considering he's only played 2 years with an injury separating the 2.
*So there's a major distraction coming down the pipe and this will cause the Steelers to miss the playoffs? He must be using his little 8 ball predictor again ("Will the Steelers miss the playoffs because of a distraction?" shake, shake ... "Try Again" ..."Damn ... Will the Steelers miss the playoffs because of a distraction?" shake, shake ... "Maybe so" ... "I knew it!").

Did I mention that Mark Madden sux?
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Tone's Toes
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14418

Why would the Steelers get rid of a guy (Santonio Holmes) because he failed a drug test and then go and sign another guy (LenDale White) who just got released for failing a drug test?
Tone's Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

exactly. we will never pick up white. there is no way
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,910 Times in 867 Posts
My Mood: Cool

plus that fool disrespected the mighty terrible towell
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

That's right, I totally forgot about the towel incident. This just goes to show what happens when you disrespect the terrible towel. No team wants him now
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Making fun of James Harrison's struggles in the last half of the season but you failed to mention Woodley's disappearance act in the first half? His combined stats in the first 4 games was 0 sacks, 3 tackles. Through 8 games he had a whopping 2 sacks and 15 tackles. Oh and by the way, those 2 sacks from the Detroit game were coverage (aka DONG) sacks. While Woodley is great, Harrison is a still our best OLB and deservedly made the starting pro bowl roster over him. He does more all around and especially against the run.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Screw Fatdale White. I dont care how much weight he lost becasue he doesnt drink tequila. He sux!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
billybob49
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15844

Yeah , we do need White .......like we need a hole in the head !

Most unmotivational poster ,(and billybob) .....LOL
billybob49 is offline   Reply With Quote