Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
Chronicgaming
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1067
Default Re: Post season funk...

I agree with you guys about the offseason. I'm bored to tears as well. I'm going to follow the Sabres and hope they made the playoffs (hey, I converted my fiance to being a Steeler fan for the playoffs so I can cheer on the Sabres since they should make it to the playoffs too). I keep up with the Pens, but it hasn't been easy. Basketball just doesn't do it for me. The most enjoyment I get from the basketball season is watching Duke lose a game or two.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Not having another game to look forward to is always a let down, but your last memories of the season were perfect, something that Steelers fans have not experienced for 26 yeras.

Frankly, the last 2 months have been so exhilirating/stressful I need a break. It was not just the playoffs but needing both 4 Steelers regular season wins plus this sequence of other games, all of which I was watching on the networks or NFL Sunday Ticket (Dallas over KC/Miami over San Diego/Giants over KC/KC over San Diego).

When you combine the 3 road playoff wins with what had to happen in the regular season after the December loss to the Benglas I cannot imagine any playoff run that has involved such an unlikely sequence of events. Truly a miracle season.
I agree brother. It was like one long roller coaster ride for the last nine weeks. I mean that in a good way obviously. My head, towel waving arm, stomach and throat need a rest.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I hate when the season is over, however i get through it by keeping up to day with the free agency and looking through as many mock drafts as i can.......
The worse thing about the post season is turning on the sports channels and their is nobody talking football.................
Anyway, here is a web site i visit weekly http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html
Scroll down and visit all the mock drafts.............ENJOY
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #14
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

The offseason would be a lot easier to take if the Penguins had a decent team. Even after that awful loss to the Cowboys in 1996 Mario & Co. were playing great hockey. Sadly, now, that's not the case. Pitt's basketball team has been playing very well, but I'm not a big CBB fan.

If I were a multimillionaire (only in dreamland will that happen) and owned the Pens I would want Sunday afternoon games at home right after the NFL season ended. Tailgating would be encouraged.

Baseball? I'm so down on that sport.

For the football-only fan, nothing but Steeler football is sufficient.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Thanks for the replies folks.

Being stuck here near Philly the offseason is dreadful. All the sports talk is about the Phillies/Eagles/Phlyers/76'ers. All this past week a few of the radio shows have been bashing the Steelers and refs. I think they're just extremely jealous. LMAO!!

I will be scooping up all the Steelers news I can find on the internet as usual. I'm greatful to have found this site when I did. Hopefully it will ease my Steeler addiction in the offseason. ;)